Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Columbus may also trade Matt Calvert (please, don't) and Winnipeg is said to be interested (please, don't be), but Jarmo says the rest of the core is staying.

Basically, if they have a deal beyond this season, they're sticking around. And probably rightly so seeing as we still haven't seen the entire team on ice at once this season.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Tyler Myers may be just a visitor in Winnipeg:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/13/report-the-jets-have-received-calls-on-myers/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't want anyone to leave :(

I really like Calvert.

I don't want them to move anyone (assuming they can get a deal done with Atkinson), really. Calvert is a solid PKer with wheels and is a pesky bottom four guy, Letestu can play any situation, Atkinson has lots of offensive skill. Leopold would be an easy come, easy go type deal since he's been in the press box most of his time here.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I wanted the Rangers to get Neil for comedic purposes. Wasn't that rumored for some reason?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey Jarmo- Don't trade any of the free agent forwards unless it's a worthwhile deal or you're sure there's no way you're getting Atkinson locked down. Calvert had two goals the other night & set up the game-winning shortie tonight. Letestu can do everything. This team probably deserves another shot together next year.

sportsgenius86 posted:

everything should keep losing and the Jackets should make a run.

that's not going to happen, but it should

If only McBackup could've played like this when Bob was hurt the first time. 3-4 wins out of those nine games and they have a shot. :negative:

Despite all the bullshit with regard to lots of injuries and occasional terrible games with a fair number of NHL-caliber players in the lineup, the CBJ are still hovering around .500. Think of what they might've been able to do with a full lineup. :shepicide:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 20, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

tofes posted:

Can't wait for James Wisniewski to get traded to the Kings for garbage and lead them to another Stanley Cup :suicide:

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/25079601/report-blue-jackets-shopping-james-wisniewski-ahead-of-deadline

I was wondering who the Kings would call up from Columbus for this year's playoff run.

Wisniewski's nice offensively until he can't keep the puck in when he's playing the point, especially on the PP allowing a SH chance and/or goal.

Of course, I type all this before I get to the post which says:

Yeah, he's going to LA and the return will be 4th Line Forward and a couple picks. What the hell happened?

e- Jarmo makes two types of trades: the Home Run (Hartnell for Umberger, Gaborik for Brassard+Dorsett+J. Moore) and the Head-Scratcher (Gaborik for Frattin+2nd+Conditional 3rd). Let's see what this might turn out to be.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 24, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Giving this its own post so it doesn't get lost with the Wiz talk, but apparently some insider on HNIC last week said the Jackets are willing to listen to offers on any defenseman not named Murray or Savard.

There is absolutely no reason to move Kevin Connauton.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Levitate posted:

I have a sneaking suspicion the rangers are going to do something either boring or dumb

Like, they're going to blow their load on Vermette with some ridiculous poo poo (like Miller and a second+ or something) or it's going to be some 7th D for "depth"

I just read in HF's CBJ Deadline thread (yeah, I know, HF) they might be in on Mark Letestu.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If Wiz is moved, it'd either be for a large return or because he's become some sort of rear end in a top hat in the room disliked by teammates a la Jeff Carter was said to be. Otherwise, I'm not sure I like the idea of breaking much of this team up. If not for injuries, this team is probably in the hunt, if not in a playoff spot.

DJExile posted:

Hey CBJ would you like this Brayden Schenn

We will throw in his brother for free

Recent PHI/CBJ trade scorecard:
-Jeff Carter to CBJ for Jakub Voracek+1st (Couturier)+4th: PHI wins.
-Sergei Bobrovsky to CBJ for 2nd+4th+4th: CBJ wins.
-Steve Mason to PHI for Michael Leighton+3rd: ...do you guys still like Stebe?
-Scott Hartnell to CBJ for RJ Umberger+4th: CBJ wins.

...we're due for a trade benefitting PHI. Does Schenn+Schenn for Jared Boll go to the advantage of the Flyers?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 24, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

gently caress that noise, I'd even take offers on Murray. Dude can't stay healthy, so maybe the return could be high.

Might as well.

This is interesting. You have a team that seems to believe they can make THIS postseason (as unlikely as that is) and wants to work at getting there. That blows the poo poo out of the personality of teams in the Rick Nash era, whether it be 2011-12 when it was over in November or teams pre-2010 (except 2008-09 and maybe 2007-08 before Howson didn't get Brad Richards and Adam Foote longed for the Rockies). Those teams weren't that good and had moronic leadership, but Dubi, Hartnell, Johansen, Foligno et al want to go down swinging.

This is the first time you could argue they could be sellers since 2011-12 and even then they're stuck in the middle because a) they're not going to the playoffs, but b) there's absolutely no reason to blow it the hell up because with 4-5 more wins at any point this season, they're Wild Card contenders. I probably wouldn't have been surprised if this team had a 2011-12-like record because of everybody that's been dinged up, but they're 26-28-4.

I'm intrigued to see what Jarmo has planned, if anything, but playing Let's Make a Deal better yield something other than a Zonk. Trading Umberger worked (god drat, did it work). Somebody on HF wonders if dangling Wisniewski could be a smokescreen for something bigger.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 24, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jeff Rimer says the Boston Globe says the asking price for Cam Atkinson (though there's confusion among CBJ fans as to whether or not it was really Wiz he was alluding to) is a 2nd and a prospect.

e- This was for Chris Stewart.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 25, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey, if the Rangers get Letestu and Vermette, they'll basically be 1/3rd of the way to reassembling the 2011-12 CBJ team. Nash, Brassard, J. Moore, Tube, Vermette, with Scott Arniel behind the bench. :v:

You know, the one that had Jeff Carter and was a dumpster fire? That's the one.

Vicas posted:

hahahah when was the last time someone tried as hard as they could to stay in ohio

Vinny Prospal was extremely disappointed he wasn't brought back in Columbus. He loved the city. I seem to remember Marian Gaborik, Samuel Pahlsson, and Antoine Vermette also being disappointed to be moved.

DJExile posted:

CBJAS, what is Jarmo looking to get for Wiz anyway? Do they just have plenty of defensemen or are they trying to add some offense or what? I know very little of CBJ's needs outside of "healing" :v:

As Goetta said, RW is a need since Horton's not coming back and Cam may be dealt. Early in the season, Jarmo talked about searching for a top-line Horton replacement once he saw how the rest of the team panned out. The problem was he never got to SEE his team because everybody was hurt.

There was talk of an Anisimov for Perron swap earlier this season, but we'll just have to have him score against the CBJ into the future instead.

They actually have quite a bit of depth on D when healthy:

Wisniewski-Tyutin
JMFJ-Savard
Murray-Connauton
Prout
Leopold (UFA)
Goloubef

The problem is I don't know if anybody replaces what Wiz can do (positive aspects anyway) on that depth chart. I don't understand why Leopold hasn't played more because he's been decent when in the lineup. He was picked up when, in technical terms, Everybody On D Died. I also still don't understand why they're trying to move Wiz unless Jarmo's trying to shed more of Howson's contracts to make the team his own AND accomplish the aforementioned top-six RW goal.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Feb 25, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Vicas posted:

hahahah when was the last time someone tried as hard as they could to stay in ohio

Well,

quote:

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 1h1 hour ago
Funny how some things have changed. Jeff Carter, Adam Foote, Rick Nash ... all wanted out. Wisniewski doing everything he can to stay.

#CBJ Mark Letestu does not have a modified no-trade clause in his contract. But he doesn't want to leave, either.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dear Columbus:

Wisniewski is cool, GET RID OF JACK JOHNSON FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY :ramsay:

Yeah, they really need to dump :10bux: JMFJ :10bux: if they're going to jettison a well-paid defenseman.

Also, I'm looking forward to using :ramsay: if Jarmo makes a dumb/worthless trade next week a la Gaborik to LA for A Bunch of Crap.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer, sportsgenius86, or other CBAS guys might be able to help me out on other issues, but the one thing which stuck out to me lately in Jack Johnson's Sportgame is his tendency to activate off the point too much or carry the puck into the zone like a forward, creating a problem if the puck's turned over, heading helplessly toward the blue line and a) there's nobody on the point to keep it in or b) you get a rush the other way where the other defenseman's rear end is hung out in the breeze because JMFJ's rear end is still in the offensive zone.

Piss him off good, though, and he's a beast. See his Olympic snub. I think he was the CBJ's leading scorer in the playoffs (or tied with Dubi).

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Feb 25, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm looking forward to using :ramsay: about everything going forward.

I wonder if they could convert JMFJ to RW, though...

I wanted that for Wiz last year after I saw "puck hops over the stick with him on the point and results in a SHG at the other end" one too many times. It cost the CBJ a playoff spot in 2013 (SH GWG with 2 minutes to go against EDM at home) and gave Geno a hattie in Game 6 in a game which wound up 4-3. Put him (Wiz) on the point for the PP and use him as a winger the rest of the time.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

James Duthie @tsnjamesduthie
"@DarrenDreger: Winnik traded to Pens" Pray for us.

"@Real_ESPNLeBrun: Also told that the Winnipeg Jets have acquired Tlusty from Carolina" Pray harder.

:laffo:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Wonderllama posted:

sekera to the kings gives me hope that the lightning can land petry or the wiz.

sekera to the kings for a first rounder plus, makes me worried that the lightning can land petry or the wiz

CBJ are gonna get another NYR first rounder, right?

Also:

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

I loving hate the Kings.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Aaron Portzline said again today in his chat the CBJ might be in on Ryan O'Reilly.

So, in theory, that's ROR for Atkinson + ?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

You can see James Duthie is making no bones about expecting TradeCentre to suck something fierce on Monday.

He's suggested making it a karaoke day on Twitter.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 2h2 hours ago
Source says #Blackhawks have significant interest in Cam Atkinson, as well as Antoine Vermette. 1st-rounder likely the asking price, though.

I'll take a first flipped to somebody else along with some other parts for a top-six winger.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Levitate posted:

what's cracknell

Adam Cracknell is a mystical creature claimed off waivers from Los Angeles earlier this season when CBJ forwards started dying en masse who, much like ex-Los Angeles player Matt Frattin, occasionally played games and was traded back to his old team (Toronto for Frattin, STL for Cracknell) for nothing.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is James Duthie OK? Not only are some of the big trades happening, but the "Who the hell cares?" deals are being taken away from him now, too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DOOMocrat posted:

Jagr to the Cats, return pending. That's pretty cool.

Wait, what? Really?

e- Yeah, it's a thing. That's awesome. Good for the Panthers.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 26, 2015

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

DJExile posted:

holy poo poo rip flyers playoff hopes

holy poo poo go a panthers

Yeah, I'll sacrifice Bruins/Habs round 1 for that.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Hey, who is Future Considerations? Is he a top-six winger? Clearly STL wanted Cracknell so badly they gave him up for him.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

It's one less contract on the team, clearing some space for assets?

This was my gut feeling. Making space for new arrivals possibly.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

David Clarkson to Columbus for Nathan Horton. Details to come.

:ramsay:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Well, I know it was either Horton or Clarkson in the summer of 2013. Yet, strangely, even with Horton dead, I feel like the Jackets lose here.

I hope Clarkson is getting flipped somewhere else. Otherwise, :ramsay:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Boomer, as the resident CBJ and Leafs fan, please explain this.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

JARMO YOU SUOMI gently caress. We could have had Perron for Anisimov, but NOOOOOOOO.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Just when you thought other GM's around the league were going to take the belt for Worst GM, here comes Jarmo to kick the gently caress out of that ladder.

Furnaceface posted:

Jarmo is going to call a press conference, and right at the start rip off his face to reveal that it was Paul Holmgren the entire time!

BAH GAWD, THAT'S PAUL HOLMGREN'S MUSIC! :vince:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

This is one of those deals in NHL 15 where the other GM says "People will be dancing in the streets after they hear of this deal!".

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Ok, I can very much live with this given the circumstances.

Vertical Lime posted:

Also the Leafs are holding a presser shortly :suspense:

CBJ, too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Maybe we're flipping Clarkson to LA, like we do every loving trade deadline?

The Conn Smythe trophy, for playoff MVP, goes to...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Toronto has reunited Jokinen, Booth, and Horton.

Clarkson's first game will likely be against the Devils.

What's old is new?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I like that they shed a contract on a player who was never going to play again in the NHL.

I'm not too thrilled that they shed that contract for a player who hasn't done much in his time in Toronto, but...I mean...beggars/choosers and a couple goals is more than no goals.

I'm trying to take a logical approach as to the upside as to why David Clarkson is on my hockey team now.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Clarkson's going to fit right into the lineup, because Tom Gilbert just killed Brandon Dubinsky.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I would take a 10 goal third liner on this team in a heartbeat right now, because many of the bottom six haven't done poo poo (the ones who haven't been hurt anyway).

Even with virtually every player having been hurt at some point this season, Jared Boll is still being paid to "play hockey" this season.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Players who have played for the CBJ in the bottom six this season and could be considered those guys in a perfect world or otherwise:
-Calvert- 48GP, 10-9-19
-Letestu- 31GP, 6-3-9
-Skille- 45GP, 6-2-8
-Tropp- 45GP, 1-5-6 (should be 2 thanks to tonight...)
-Dano- 13GP, 3-3-6
-Boll- 57GP, 1-4-5
-Chaput- 33GP, 1-4-5
-Gibbons- 21GP, 0-5-5
-Morin- 17GP, 1-2-3
-Rychel- 5GP, 0-3-3
-Collins- 8GP, 0-2-2
-Tyrell- 3GP, 0-0-0
-Cracknell- Stats aren't on the CBJ site anymore.
-Leopold- Don't have his numbers from his stint as a forward.

Calvert can play top six. Letestu can play anywhere. Leopold is Jordan Leopold, as in the defenseman who actually played on the fourth line very briefly earlier this year. All are UFAs.

Chaput, Collins, Cracknell and Tyrell are/were AHL guys. Dano and Rychel are rookies who spent most of the season in the AHL by design.

Calvert, Letestu, Skille, Tropp, Morin, and Gibbons have been hurt, which skews what they might have been able to do.

e- Forgot Leopold.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 27, 2015

• Locked thread