Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
The Ducks need to trade for a defense man, badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

JawKnee posted:

take back Luca Sbisa pls

If I live to see one thing, I wish for it to be the death of Luca Sbisa.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Zodijackylite posted:

I feel like if the Rangers wouldn't give up Kreider to get Nash, they're not going to give him up for Kessel.

That's not a good thing.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Sasha aint ratchet posted:

If the Flyers miss the playoffs (they will) and he plays well enough coming back from injury (he will) I could see them maybe going after Timonen

Maybe, but last year we made a big deal about picking up Robidas and then he immediately got injured again.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Kessel to Florida would be pretty cool, they're going to collect all the good Canadian team players who got run out of town by the media.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Pretty good trade from anaheim's perspective I think. There really isn't any room in the top 9 on the right side with this team now that Perry, Palmieri and Silfverberg have it all locked down and this means we could bump Maroon down to the 4th line if Sekac works well with the twins which would own. If not then he'll probably just play in the bottom 6 and be as good or better than DSP was so nothing lost. probably the best player we could have moved out, aside from like lovely guys who nobody would realistically want.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

yellowcar posted:

Well I didn't expect BORK becoming a scoring god once he left. :v:

Really wish they had waited at least until the end of the season before a final decision with Sekac. He was fun to watch.

Also I have no idea how well or bad DSP plays since I don't follow the Ducks. Could any Ducks poster care to elaborate?

he's had a pretty bad year

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

CDX posted:

This exactly. It didn't improve them in any way and I have to believe Sekac had a higher upside than DSP.

Murray was talking about it and he seemed to think it was a pretty lateral move. One team wanted skill and speed, one wanted size. Another interesting thing he talked about was the price of rentals these days. He basically said none of the big rentals on TSN he felt were worth his time or worth the prices teams are asking (seconds, firsts and he names Ritchie and Theodore)

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Zamboni Jesus posted:

exchanging sekac for dsp doesn't make montreal worse this season and probably actually improves them since 1. sekac wasn't getting icetime anyway and 2. he wasn't that great when he did play.

DSP is having a very bad year and was regularly not making the Ducks lineup. He was great last playoffs but has still yet to show some consistency

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I do have to wonder where Sekac will slot in though. He doesn't seem like he'd play great on the 4th, but i dont think you just immediately put him in the top 6 before he's earned it. The 3rd has been together basically all year so I dont see why you'd want to split them up.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

yellowcar posted:

Just hope he doesn't thrown on a line with BORK. Cuz uh, that did not work well for the Habs.

He was brought in largely to push Bourque out, I'd hope.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Duro posted:

For sure he isn't gonna be a constant on the 4th unless he REALLY stinks it up. Either way, just having him on the ice is better than having Sekac in the press box. People are acting like DSP is a proven bust, and I completely disagree with that assessment. The dude was an early second round pick and had hype after the juniors coupled with a solid playoff run in the NHL. We're comparing him to an undrafted kid from Europe that has shown sparks of brilliance but hasn't really proven anything.

DSP isn't a bust or anything, he's a bottom 6 guy who could end up being a better bottom 6 guy.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Florida is coming out of the east

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Jarmo's getting drunk

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

DOOMocrat posted:

The NHL office. especially the commissioner, has been attempting to outsmart collective management for almost a hundred years and they still don't have it down!

Yeah, and Columbus didn't have the appetite to pay for a non-player.

The beauty of the free market

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Franks Happy Place posted:

How the gently caress did Columbus not hold out for more? Like some retained salary or something at the very least?

Nonis playin hardball this year

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

JoelJoel posted:

Just let them have it. Toronto fans have suffered enough.

no

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

HBNRW posted:

loving finally. Now if Toronto could just drop our "gritty" defenceshits we might be able to field a team. Then the end of days begins.

Well they just offloaded most of the team, they're not really all that close to fielding a team

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

HBNRW posted:

Oh I know. I honestly expect at least two years. If Reilly and Gardener don't nose dive, our goaltending tightens up, and we finally get more decent defencemen, who knows? :shrug:

Also trade or sell Bozak.

This is assuming that the Leafs will draft well and aren't going to somehow gently caress up Nylander and Rielly which just isn't going to happen.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

the talent deficit posted:

the good news is now toronto have the cap space to make another wildly irrational and hilariously short sighted roster move

by god, that's Matt Belesky's music!

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

pissdesperation.com posted:

Lol. This is an incredibly stupid post. Thanks for the laugh :classiclol:

he's not wrong

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

CBJSprague24 posted:

On top of all the nuttiness I posted about before (Horton, Kimmo, Kane deals), Eklund called Kimmo getting moved today.

This really is the strangest deadline ever and it's not even Monday.

Isn't Eklund supposed to be a hack?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Aye Doc posted:

he is, all he said was he had a "hunch" that timonen would move before monday

Ah, a stopped watch and all that

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

goldrush posted:

Hmm... I feel bad about a Bruins fan making this joke this early

Is this a legit 'too soon'? I think we might have an actual legit 'too soon'.

what does being a Bruin's fan have to do with it? You prejudiced rear end in a top hat.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So... Ovie could reasonably win his 4th Hart. That's pretty loving crazy.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

a false posted:

not for nothing playa but weren't you very recently getting quite upset about what you percieved as penguins fans tying beau bennett to every team that looked likely to make a move

I can't tell when I'm being sincere anymore.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Where the hell is Fleishmann going to play?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I guess Fleishmann can play on the 4th? Does he play on the left or the right side?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

darkwolf220 posted:

Is it still a no brainer to take McDavid or has Eichel closed the gap enough to make it a hard decision?

No he has not

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
After adding Yandle I guess the Rags are the best team in the east.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
People seemingly would rather be average forever than win a cup and go into a rebuild where you finish bottom 10 for a few years.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

a false posted:

i think it is perfectly ok to have trepidation about the future even when the team is good right now. 1994 was very fun but the ensuing 10 years were not quite so fun and we don't really get that many 10 year periods in our lives

A well-managed team will find a way. Just look at Detroit.

E:^^^^^ Sorry, I don't get that reference because I'm not a subhuman basketball watcher.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ThinkTank posted:

If you could garauntee it, anyone in the world would do that. However, there's no way to be sure your team will win the cup, so remaining competetive while simultaneously ensuring you will continue to do so down the line is how you succeed. Going all in on a season or two is incredibly risky. If it works: great, however odds are it won't and you've set yourself up for a period of mediocrity without a cup to make it worthwhile.

See Canucks, Vancouver c. 2009-2012.

Are the Rangers really going "all-in" though? They signed Zucc and most of their key players are still under 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

ThinkTank posted:

In the US maybe, but the next Canadian team to win the cup pretty much gets a license to print money for a decade or two.

It's probably going to end up being the god drat Habs.

• Locked thread