Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Nothing scratches the same itch as Evil Genius for me. I really, really wish it got a proper sequel, or that the first game wasn't as heavily flawed as it is. (The social minion system is really odd in how it interacts with active combat, and combat itself is really poorly handled.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

The James Bond theme works extremely well for the game and its aesthetic, but if they wanted to do something different for a hypothetical sequel, a GI Joe/Cobra kind of theme would be rad too.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

I like to build a false entrance to the base with a level three door, and inside of it is just a big locker room full of smarts-draining traps. Works extremely effectively as a roach motel for low-level agents.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Poolparty posted:

The Russian henchman has probably killed more minions and caused more damage to my base with his rocket launcher than any of the enemy agents.

Yeah, I just got him because he's cool but he really sucks. His minefield ability seems useful but getting to unlock it will be hellish. For what it's worth, there is a mod you can apparently do via dropping a .txt into the game's files that will take his rockets away and give him Rambo's dual machine guns instead, but I couldn't get it to work, maybe because he's already in my game or something.

I never really messed with the hotel. Is it worth putting money into? Won't your social minons lose loyalty if you don't put vulnerable loot in there?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Okay, the Red Ivan mod doesn't work unless you start a new game with it installed. Getting him killed by a super agent is gonna take a while, is there some way to just get rid of him (or better yet, switch him for another)? He keeps wrecking my poo poo and killing my minions.

• Locked thread