Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

khy posted:

I keep EG installed on my computer and I keep finding myself drawn back to try playing it again, I just always run out of ideas to make a unique base layout I haven't made before.

My favorite layout still has Alexis sitting in a 2x2 lair in the middle of a control room so it's like she's overseeing all operations from her desk (And boosting everyone in range to boot!)
This is basically the correct way to play EG and I don't know how anyone lives with having a Mastermind that's not Alexis. Not having to worry about your idiot henchmen running off and leaving the nerve center unpopulated is sublime.

e: Also, regarding this:

This works even better if you put pressure plates outside the door linked to pop-up targets inside each of these dummy rooms. They require no extra power, and after those stupid agents guess wrong enough times, they'll forget where they've been and have to do it all again! :mmmsmug:

The downside is that your minions will probably get caught up in the psychological weakening quite a bit, but gently caress them.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
That's basically my argument. The early game is probably the second hardest portion in Evil Genius (the first being when the James Bond starts showing up on a regular basis), and Alexis makes the early game a substantial amount easier if you don't intend to be cheesy. You don't NEED henchmen early on, you really shouldn't need henchmen at all until Mariana Mamba starts showing up. Eli actually being good on the world map is a big shot in his favor, since you can get income without bringing too much down on your head, and Alexis hanging out in the Control Room means you don't need to worry about doing anything fancy in there until you're good and ready. It just works.

• Locked thread