Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
No one seems to know about War for the Overworld which is so weird for how insanely good it's looking so far. People say they wish they had a new Dungeon Keeper but somehow haven't heard about it. The fault obviously lies with their marketing or something like that because how many of us still sit around jerking it to old DK2 memories and would likely pay hundreds of dollars for that sequel they teased?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I haven't as I've also been burnt by EA and I'm keeping my distance, BUT they've had weekly updates that are pretty good at talking openly about what they're doing, the various firsthand accounts I've read on the Steam forums and some other places speak well of it, and the more recent YouTube videos look good if you don't get a shitlord's channel.

I may be the nostalgic guinea pig and eat $30 to find out. I really, really miss DK2.

e: Just for a suggestion you might make the DK1/2 header link to their GoG pages, same with other games you list up there.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Startopia is on GoG and apprently works well. It was on sale recently and may still be. Such an INSANELY good game.

Don't skip DK. It's really good and DOES hold up, I promise.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Owning both Dungeons games I can't recommend them to someone looking for a DK-like. They look the same and you build poo poo but they don't play at all the same. It's a weird managment game where you're basically trying to have heroes have a good time in your dungeon and it's less about you and your dungeon as it is the heroes and how you treat them.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You're not the only one. There used to be a Java grid planner for the islands online somewhere so you could make your perfect theoretical layout.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Welcome to Evil Genius! You aren't really playing until you restart halfway through the first island!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

khy posted:

facebook game

I believe you've answered your own question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I love that if you trap them they pull out a Loony Tunes portable hole and escape that way.

• Locked thread