Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I love Evil Genius so much. Only real fault I had with it is how lethal traps are pointless compared to nonlethal, since they'll just pile up bodies that'll rack up your notoriety and then Bruce Lee is in your base kicking your rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Basically it's a matter of looking for what the incoming do-gooder hordes are up to and planning around them. They love finding suspicious locked doors, the more suspicious the more they'll be obsessively compelled to pick them. So I usually throw a bunch of high security doors that lead to nowhere but more doors.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Whelp, now I'm reinstalling this game and making Outer Heaven.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Really, I got more use out of just making the Control Room a big 2 space hallway with panels on either side. Then you plop the Painting somewhere in there to cover mainly the whole shebang.

You ordinarily wouldn't get a lot of use out of carving an actual room like it was a corridor (you wouldn't have space to put anything), but Control Panels are all flat and do fit nicely on the walls of a 'hallway', so.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Ivan shouldn't be anywhere inside the base, but he's drat nice wandering outside of it to take out those big groups of assholes who like swarming in. He can pretty much drop the group of enemy Minions at the end of the crime boss chain all by himslf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Amazing. So I had set it up that I was taking no chances with soldiers storming in to kill my Genius. The only road to his lair went through the Training Room, which went to a door that opened up onto a Dreadmill, that would toss people into a gas trap, then it wound onto a couple of sensors to set off flame pits right in front of the door proper. On the other side of that door I had the Electrocannon tucked away in a corner, then a couple of Beehives flanking the conference table. And finally at the end of it all, I had a small corridor to retreat into for the very worst of emergencies. This had two Field Doors, the first of which opened onto a Prometheus trap, the second onto a Sentry Gun for Maxie to hide out by. If intruders survived all that, I supposed I deserved to die.

...well, all of that gets set up and then Soldiers start blowing up stuff from inside of my little last ditch hallway. I guess the game must have interpreted me as blocking something off, although it didn't look like that was the case. As it happened though, my Genius was not in the room, he was off inspiring people in the Control Room. The Soldiers immediately shoot down the Prometheus trap, then start getting gunned down by the turret. They run out, trigger the bees, keep running, trigger the Electrocannon and all die. Soooooo...it all worked, just completely in reverse. This is when I really love this game.

• Locked thread