Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
HGH & Centaur Paintings is back for the 2015 season. All praise be to Alex Rodriguez, may this be the year he transcends into his final equine form.

Hot New Changes
:10bux: entry fee to keep people interested in the last month of the season
Mandatory 3 Keepers rule
2 Divisions replaced with 1 Division (because ESPN is awful at h2h schedule balance with 2 divisions)
This year's gimmick theme division name is Serie Nacional Cuba. Feel free to make Cuban-themed baseball team names.

This is a majority goon ESPN league, two people aren't from this site but they're equally as nerdy about baseball. There are at least 2 team openings this season, and there will likely be more as some people haven't replied to me yet.

Scoring is Average, Home Runs, RBI, Runs, Walks, and Stolen Bases on offense. Strikeouts, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, and WHIP on pitching.

Here are some giant images explaining the roster sizes. There's an extra pitcher's spot or two than most leagues, and 3 DL spots for all your Tommy John probable starters.

There's no limit on roster transactions, but to prevent someone at 4:59am EST on a Monday picking up the next Mike Trout, we have the Free Agent Auction system.

Playoffs is top 4 teams based upon record. If there is a tie we look at your head-to-head record. If that is somehow a tie I will flip a coin.

Post here or send me a PM if you want in. I've never done the entry fee before, but I think Paypal is the best way to do it as long as people send the money as a gift?

:frogsiren: Draft date set to Sunday, Mar 8, 9:00 PM ET. Let me know if this is awful and doesn't work for you :frogsiren:

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Feb 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Does the entry fee turn into a prize pool for the winner?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Virigoth posted:

Does the entry fee turn into a prize pool for the winner?

Yes I forgot to mention that, although I don't know what percentages to divvy up. Like 60/30/10 to 1st/2nd/3rd? How do other leagues do it?

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Any news on the draft date/time? I'd like to play in a goon league but I've got a busy schedule this month.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

I would definitely be interested. Looking for a second league for this year, and I'd like it to be a goon league.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Unfortunately, I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of owners to see if they want to return. Gimme like 2 more days to try to talk to them then I can let you know. We have at least one opening still, and paypal for some stupid reason is dragging its feet reactivating my account.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rand alPaul posted:

paypal for some stupid reason is dragging its feet reactivating my account.

Good luck with that, I tried three times to get reactivated during AGDQ and the only two e-mails I received were automated "tell us how well we did in resolving your issue by completing this survey" e-mails.

Also good luck to whomever gets my team, I think I left it in pretty good shape!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

IcePhoenix posted:

Good luck with that, I tried three times to get reactivated during AGDQ and the only two e-mails I received were automated "tell us how well we did in resolving your issue by completing this survey" e-mails.

Also good luck to whomever gets my team, I think I left it in pretty good shape!

Hah I just got it confirmed. Apparently "within 24 hours" means 5 days. But hey, it's not like things like dates matter to financial institutions, right? :) I hate using paypal but oh well.

And your team is in pretty good shape I think someone will snag it, I'm about to post the teams that are available.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I am interested in being on the wait list for this since it appears my other league is being disbanded.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay here are the teams that are available:

Team Three
Team Four
Team Five

I cannot remember what goon ran Lincecum in Amsterdam, I hope responds soon.

cebrail posted:

Any news on the draft date/time? I'd like to play in a goon league but I've got a busy schedule this month.

I have not set a draft date yet, and I'm guessing we aren't going to draft before March considering the four vacancies, so I figured once we fill up we'll then talk out a draft date/time that everyone can show up at.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 21, 2015

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh man, I totally forgot I used that A-Rod picture as my team logo :allears:

Ok, good luck everyone! Especially the goon that gets my team.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Still interested, I'd like to take either team 2 or team 4 if I have a choice, based on their keepers.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

JackssWastedLife posted:

Still interested, I'd like to take either team 2 or team 4 if I have a choice, based on their keepers.

I'll take whatever Jackss doesn't get! Definitely interested in playing.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Is it just three keepers forever, no restrictions, no inflation?

I do like Team 4's group of top three guys, but gotta go with Trout on team 2 :getin:

Lord knows I won't pony up to buy him in my other auction league this year

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are no restrictions on keepers except that you must keep 3 players from your roster. That prevents someone from keeping 0 guys and jumping to the front of the draft pick selection.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Rand alPaul posted:

I cannot remember what goon ran Lincecum in Amsterdam, I hope responds soon.

Hi it's me. Been ridiculously busy and probably will continue to be for a while, but this league rules, so hell I'm back in. Entry fee is fine.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Awesome, that accounts for everyone!

Okay, please PM me those who want in so I can invite. Jackss you'll have to post an email i guess.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Awesome, that accounts for everyone!

Okay, please PM me those who want in so I can invite. Jackss you'll have to post an email i guess.

Yea, no PMs. You can reach me at "nmorgano" at the gmail address.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'll take team #5. Pming now

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Joined, thanks.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Was I supposed to get an email to join? I didn't receive anything.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Was I supposed to get an email to join? I didn't receive anything.

Weird it said I sent you an email, let me try again. Sorry if I spam the other owners.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Joined successfully!

Any thoughts on a draft time? Monday and Friday nights are bad for me, but any other night is good.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
Anytime that isn't 9-5 on a weekday would work for me. Preferably something like Sunday or Tuesday night.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I AM loving BACK

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yes, please let me know what day/time absolutely will not work for you for the draft. I will begin to herd cats and nail down a date. I am guessing a Sunday evening will probably work for most?

MassaShowtime posted:

I AM loving BACK

Oh poo poo weren't you the champ last year?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Yes I was. I've submitted my keepers.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Sunday evenings would usually work for me.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok I sent out an email about draft dates.

I need to think up a good Cuban-themed baseball name.

Question: To request the league buy-in money, do I send an email out through the paypal account or just post my email address that is linked to my paypal account? I have never done this before and hate paypal obviously.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Feb 25, 2015

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Ok I sent out an email about draft dates.

I need to think up a good Cuban-themed baseball name.

Question: To request the league buy-in money, do I send an email out through the paypal account or just post my email address that is linked to my paypal account? I have never done this before and hate paypal obviously.

If you just give us your paypal linked email we can send you money that way. Don't need to send out a request form paypal or anything.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

paypal sent, and a Sunday draft sounds fine as long as it's in the evening

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

paypal sent, and a Sunday draft sounds fine as long as it's in the evening

I'm looking at 8 or 9 pm CST right now. Let me know if that won't work. Also thanks to the guys that have submitted the $10

EDIT: I went ahead and made a Draft Time.

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Feb 26, 2015

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm not sure I can get home before 10 pm ET. Even that might be tight. I can try and shift things around on my end if 9 ET works for the rest of yall.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ok I can bump it up an hour if that works for everyone.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Sunday evening is fine, I'd rather do 9 ET than 10 but either way would work.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let me push it back to 9PM ET.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Fine with me. SO EXCITED for my first draft of the season.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wish I had scheduled the draft for this Sunday, I'm likely going to be snowed in all day :(

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The draft is now listed as being at 8 PM ET on 3/8. Was that your intent?

edit: I've never played with a FAAB in baseball nor football. Can you explain it to me? Do we start with $100 and that has to last the whole season? Does every transaction have a $1 minimum?

coronaball fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wasn't sure if 2-3 days warning was enough time for the draft (also a lot of people haven't paid in yet). Should I bump it up to Sunday, March 1st? EDIT: If I did that I'd have to remessage a ton of people and do it immediately.

I changed some FAAB settings around after reading two ESPN articles on it that proved good points. Basically you bid for guys on the waiver wire, and three times a week they get added to your roster if you outbid the other owners. Most weeks people only bid like $1-2 on guys, but where the FA system comes in great is when people drop someone that is good (the first year we ran it someone dropped Hanley Ramirez for some loving reason) or when guys get called up, like George Springer. Last year I think I put like $20 on Jonathan Singleton (lol) because my offense was dog poo poo. It cuts down on streaming a little bit, but if you plan out your starts you should still be able to do it. I pushed one of the days to Saturday so you can stream a pitcher for Sunday (which is the day of the week a lot of people stream)

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 28, 2015

• Locked thread