Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I think he meant that you said you would push it back to 9 PM ET, and then you changed it from 9 PM to 8 PM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

cebrail posted:

I think he meant that you said you would push it back to 9 PM ET, and then you changed it from 9 PM to 8 PM.

:doh: You're right, switching it now.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hey I sent in my :10bux: and I can make the 9 ET draft time. Might have to duck into a starbucks or something for wifi but I've drafted from weirder places before.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Hey I sent in my :10bux: and I can make the 9 ET draft time. Might have to duck into a starbucks or something for wifi but I've drafted from weirder places before.

Awesome I got it. That makes most of the people so far have sent in. And yeah I'm running home from work to make the draft, I hope I can snag Taco Bell on the way.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

lmfao at "Fulgencio Bautista". That's a pro team name.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
That is a drat fine name.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Speaking of Bautista he needs to pick his Keepers for tomorrow!

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Yeah I couldn't make up my mind. Picked them just now.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Team name changed to Che Stadium :effort:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Sent my money, changed my name to Holguin Bucaneros

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I am proud of all these Cuban-themed names. Also Che Stadium took me a second and is actually witty as gently caress.

Let me know if anyone needs something photoshopped.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Rand alPaul posted:

I am proud of all these Cuban-themed names. Also Che Stadium took me a second and is actually witty as gently caress.

Let me know if anyone needs something photoshopped.

I just got it.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

That was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the season.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

So you can add a player for $0 if no one else bids on him? I figured you had to big at least $1.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

So you can add a player for $0 if no one else bids on him? I figured you had to big at least $1.

You originally had to but I changed it a while back. Apparently if you run out of money you can't add anyone the rest of the season which could be disastrous.

I thought that if you ran out of money you could still add guys, you were just always going to lose a FA claim if someone else bid anything. That isn't the case. It works that way if you activate the $0 bidding rule.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Well that kind of sucks. I also bid $1 on Cecil but didn't get him. Any idea how the ESPN software prioritizes the FAAB bids when it's a tie in the offseason?

Settings say inverse standings each week, but we are all tied. Is it last year's final standings inverted?

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

So we only have $100 for the entire season? Guess I should have read the rules closer >.>

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Virigoth posted:

So we only have $100 for the entire season? Guess I should have read the rules closer >.>

Yes, but once we run out of FAAB you can continue to make $0 bids as pickups. Just make sure to chain a bunch of them conditionally so you are sure to get someone.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

JackssWastedLife posted:

Well that kind of sucks. I also bid $1 on Cecil but didn't get him. Any idea how the ESPN software prioritizes the FAAB bids when it's a tie in the offseason?

Settings say inverse standings each week, but we are all tied. Is it last year's final standings inverted?

You can see the current order in the My Team tab, don't know what it's based on though.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I believe it is based upon draft order. I have third because I drafted seventh.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

I believe it is based upon draft order. I have third because I drafted seventh.

Ah, this makes sense. Thanks!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah I think like 2 weeks in it reverts based upon standings? Not sure when but it's pretty soon, so last place team will always get the preference in case of a tie.

Edit: Apparently it's each week it reverts based upon standings.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

Yeah I think like 2 weeks in it reverts based upon standings? Not sure when but it's pretty soon, so last place team will always get the preference in case of a tie.

Edit: Apparently it's each week it reverts based upon standings.

Is that what we want? I hate that in football, since it feels like it rewards failure. I dunno what the alternative is here though.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

Is that what we want? I hate that in football, since it feels like it rewards failure. I dunno what the alternative is here though.

Ties are fairly rare the free agent auction system; I think they only happened a couple times last season and it was because both guys bid the bare minimum on closers. My strategy has always been if I think someone else is going to bid on a guy then I put an odd numerical amount like 3 or 6 dollars.

Good players getting dropped or a really prized prospect being called up is when bidding gets crazy. Someone bid 44 on Hanley Ramirez when he got waived, I think George Springer being called up made people put in like 20-30.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

I should have bid more than $1, drat it all!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brett Cecil will likely get destroyed and I'll drop him in week two.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

So say we all.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

coronaball posted:

Just bid a dollar more than what you were originally going to! Then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Slowhanded posted:

Just bid a dollar more than what you were originally going to! Then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Yeah, I guess it's not as big a deal as it is in football.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Yea, it'll even out over the course of the year. Just curious on what the order was based on pre-season.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rand alPaul posted:

:qq:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Just like to give a shout out to whoever had the free win against me last week since I didn't check my team.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Bullet, dodged.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Virigoth posted:

Just like to give a shout out to whoever had the free win against me last week since I didn't check my team.

I don't even know whose team is whose, but playing unmanaged teams and SSS can be the only explanation as to how I'm 2-0. I'm in the bottom half of every category but SB and AVG.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

haha, I had a bitch week and checked in this morning on my team and was like uggghhhh

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Good luck today Rand Al Paul, our matchup is super tight and should come down to the last afternoon game :sweatdrop:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

Good luck today Rand Al Paul, our matchup is super tight and should come down to the last afternoon game :sweatdrop:

This has been neck-and-neck all week but Gio Gonzalez just blew my chance of stealing ERA/WHIP from you :(

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Pussy Boss posted:

That was a good week, very close. Well played, Castro District (which is an awesome name)

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I won my matchup solely because of the second coming of Rickey Henderson, Anthony Rizzo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

cebrail posted:

I won my matchup solely because of the second coming of Rickey Henderson, Anthony Rizzo.

Ah, so you are my new sworn enemy.

• Locked thread