Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

I would definitely be interested. Looking for a second league for this year, and I'd like it to be a goon league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Still interested, I'd like to take either team 2 or team 4 if I have a choice, based on their keepers.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Is it just three keepers forever, no restrictions, no inflation?

I do like Team 4's group of top three guys, but gotta go with Trout on team 2 :getin:

Lord knows I won't pony up to buy him in my other auction league this year

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Awesome, that accounts for everyone!

Okay, please PM me those who want in so I can invite. Jackss you'll have to post an email i guess.

Yea, no PMs. You can reach me at "nmorgano" at the gmail address.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Joined, thanks.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Sunday evenings would usually work for me.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Ok I sent out an email about draft dates.

I need to think up a good Cuban-themed baseball name.

Question: To request the league buy-in money, do I send an email out through the paypal account or just post my email address that is linked to my paypal account? I have never done this before and hate paypal obviously.

If you just give us your paypal linked email we can send you money that way. Don't need to send out a request form paypal or anything.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Fine with me. SO EXCITED for my first draft of the season.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

That was a lot of fun. Looking forward to the season.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Well that kind of sucks. I also bid $1 on Cecil but didn't get him. Any idea how the ESPN software prioritizes the FAAB bids when it's a tie in the offseason?

Settings say inverse standings each week, but we are all tied. Is it last year's final standings inverted?

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Virigoth posted:

So we only have $100 for the entire season? Guess I should have read the rules closer >.>

Yes, but once we run out of FAAB you can continue to make $0 bids as pickups. Just make sure to chain a bunch of them conditionally so you are sure to get someone.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

I believe it is based upon draft order. I have third because I drafted seventh.

Ah, this makes sense. Thanks!

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

I should have bid more than $1, drat it all!

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Brett Cecil will likely get destroyed and I'll drop him in week two.

So say we all.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Yea, it'll even out over the course of the year. Just curious on what the order was based on pre-season.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Bullet, dodged.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

cebrail posted:

I won my matchup solely because of the second coming of Rickey Henderson, Anthony Rizzo.

Ah, so you are my new sworn enemy.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Rand alPaul posted:

Castro District bid $27. That's a good guess there!

For future reference if you log in with your computer and click Free Agent Auction Report it'll show you who added and for what amount. Can give you a good heads up about what people are looking for or who they ALMOST dropped.

Didn't know about this, super useful thanks! From what I can see it doesn't list unsuccessful bids prospective drops though. That would be a little shady to know.

My team is buried :( Lost a ton of weeks super close.

Soon I'll be listening to offers to improve my #2 and #3 keepers behind Trout.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

You and me both man!

In fact I'm almost ready to throw in the towel--hence $74 dollar Byron Buxton. If anyone wants a big boost to their team talk to me and I'll make you a Godfather deal for your best keeper. Pretty much anyone on my team not named Mike Trout can be had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

It certainly appears that way...

• Locked thread