Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ElNarez posted:

Wasn't Shrek written with Farley in mind?

Farley actually recorded a lot of dialoge for the movie. Dreamworks has it locked in a vault somewhere. Though after he died the script was pretty much scrapped and rewritten, so it's not they could release it as an alternate audio track for the movie or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Mike Myers didn't write Shrek (did he?)

Besides, that's a kids movie, it gets a pass.

Even so, The Love Guru is still a lot to answer for.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

raditts posted:

It really is. I feel like I've heard a recent interview where Mike Myers either acknowledges or flat-out apologizes for it.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Mister Kingdom posted:

I don't recall her ever being funny.

Her only real contribution to the world of entertainment was getting permission from Kurt Cobain for Weird Al to do "Smells Like Nirvana".

She did a good Roseanne impression, (with Farley as Tom Arnold on Update was Farley's first hilarious moment on the show (Dennis Miller: "Did we just see the new guy's rear end?")). Her update bit where she used her "real" voice was pretty funny too. Other than that she was usually outshined by Jan Hooks or Julia Sweeney.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Victoria also did a few ukulele numbers that people seemed to like decades before that became a viral video cliche. One of those was actually a duet with Willie Nelson.

e:

EugeneJ posted:

I still think her Conservative views are an Andy Kaufman-act and she'll be viewed as a genius in the future

This far along, and this deep into the hole she's dug herself, I think it's more plausible that Alex Jones really is Bill Hicks.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 19, 2015

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I still think her Conservative views are an Andy Kaufman-act and she'll be viewed as a genius in the future

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Norm MacDonald has always been really dry. I think the part about Meyer's work ethic was meant to be a joke.I always associated him with running jokes into the ground which is why all his successful movies have one or more unnecessary sequels. I mean even the Wayne's world sketches are usually a single joke repeated several times.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Required viewing for all Norm fans:

http://youtu.be/5F9M3L04ROM

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

EasyEW posted:

This far along, and this deep into the hole she's dug herself, I think it's more plausible that Alex Jones really is Bill Hicks.

Someone asked her a few years ago if it was an act, and she said something like "no, I'm not smart enough to do that".

I still wonder...

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.

rodbeard posted:

Norm MacDonald has always been really dry. I think the part about Meyer's work ethic was meant to be a joke.I always associated him with running jokes into the ground which is why all his successful movies have one or more unnecessary sequels. I mean even the Wayne's world sketches are usually a single joke repeated several times.

Under normal circumstances I'd say that's possible but the entire tone of all of those tweets was very genuine. A sarcastic jab at someone who he seems to have a lot of respect for would have felt out of place in that context. Any other time I'm sure he'd crack jokes at his expense.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Required viewing for all Norm fans:

http://youtu.be/5F9M3L04ROM

I'm at work so I can't watch that video but I'm hoping it's his bit on Conan about the Carrot Top movie. Second option would be the moth joke, also from Conan.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's the Bob Saget roast jokes. I don't think the Chairman of the B-o-r-e-d clip ever really needs to be posted online again unless someone has never heard of Norm. It is a delight seeing others watch that for the first time though.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Tonight's repeat will air for 3 hours, exactly 31 minutes less than the live broadcast on Sunday. It will feature 24 fewer minutes of commercials. So there will be about 6-7 minutes of excised content.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

So, minus the Ode To Eddie, or half the Californians thing. I never watched whatever era that was from, but that was as skippable as the old Albert Brooks films.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Gorgar posted:

So, minus the Ode To Eddie, or half the Californians thing. I never watched whatever era that was from, but that was as skippable as the old Albert Brooks films.
I scanned the segments and there's no big chunk missing, mostly little cuts under a minute each. Eddie's bit appears to be intact.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

raditts posted:

The Love Guru is only funny if you're a Toronto Maple Leafs fan, or know Maple Leafs fans. It was 40+ years of pent-up weird anxiety over a hockey team, expressed in weird movie form.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

raditts posted:

The making GBS threads on it gets on the Bugle makes it worth it.

Also due to the special I got season 3, and holy poo poo is the episode with Steve Martin and the Blues Brothers amazing. So many classic sketches and the one with Steve and Gilda Radner dancing.

pwn
May 27, 2004

The Martin/BB show is easily in the top 5 best episodes ever. You should also get the other 4 first season DVDs. The fact that they even exist, with all those bands and musical cues left intact, is a Lorne-financed miracle.

The only real cuts tonight were the two classic commercials, Colon Blow and Mom Jeans. Everything else was trims. They took about 7 seconds out of the SNL band's bow... but they cut in a shot of G.E. Smith. I think that was the quickest turnaround to rebroadcasting an anniversary special, both the 15th and 25th were several months later.

Edit: I noticed while watching the HD recording on Thursday, at the start of Nick Ocean's number, you can see Eddie checking it out way in the background

And after he gets out of the scenery, you can briefly see Rock's reflection, very much enjoying the proceedings

Since I'm here, have the cast member bumpers too

Some programming notes: Tomorrow's Vintage is the Richard Pryor episode. For some reason they're re-rerunning that one. Tomorrow's regular repeat is Blake Shelton. Next week's live show is hosted by Dakota Johnson, with Alabama Shakes back for their second time.

edit edit the edit: I was going through my imgur - you can see all your uploads now! - and found this bumper of Emma Stone from when she hosted in 2011. She truly is a nerd :allears:

pwn fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Feb 21, 2015

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Emma Stone is a treasure. She should be the next Spider-Man.

pwn
May 27, 2004

pwn posted:

Some programming notes: Tomorrow's Vintage is the Richard Pryor episode. For some reason they're re-rerunning that one.
"Last time we aired this show we couldn't fit in all the stuff we wanted, so tonight here's some of the stuff we left out."

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

This was terrible. Yes, lets gather all these ostensibly great comedians and have them read 99% lovely lines then immediately leave followed by really out of context montages of half skits.

They were having fun, but I think we really just got the rear end end of a party we weren't invited to.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Writing comedy bits in under a week with half of the people not there is difficult, turns out.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Vertical Lime posted:

So Victoria Jackson was there. But she was banished to an overflow room

Crazy old obese bag ladies with bows tied to their ratty hair don't make for good TV.

If there's one thing Lorne has learned, it is this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Am I wrong or did I see Arcade Fire advertised before the episode?

Something change in their plans or am I imagining things?

• Locked thread