Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Tezzor posted:

you are a prole you idiot

No, no, you see, we're all middle-class now. 99.6% of so-called "proles" have refrigerators, you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Stalin was bad -> all communism is bad

Hitler, Pinochet, Batista, Duvalier, Noriega, Saddam Hussein, Shah Pahlavi etc. etc. were bad -> just something peculiar to each of those guys and their countries and cultures, nothing wrong with the economics at all

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Wait, Chavez and Castro, in with those guys? :confused:

Plafop posted:

Race realism isn't racism. It's okay to observe and talk about the genuine differences between the races.

Yeah, like those wacky Ethiopians who are in the same genetic cluster as Norwegians and Armenians instead of other ethnic groups we typically lump together as Black, none of the differences between the races as they're defined culturally makes sense. I guess if you mean like "south Asians and Arabs are more likely to get beaten up by the British or American police, blacks are more likely to have daft white stoners asking them for drugs", those are genuine differences

Stottie Kyek fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 15, 2015

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
cross-posting from the Post Your Picture thread

I'm the lass on the right (lol, first time for everything) in the denim jacket. My hair had gone all flat that day sadly but whatevs

Plafop posted:

Again I am not surprised that internet leftists are all weak little bitch boys that women could beat up.

In my experience fascists are easier to beat up because they're not expecting a woman to be out of the kitchen and wearing steelies, that and there's only ever like 20 of them maximum out on their marches at a time and they've usually got really drunk/high beforehand and wandered off away from their friends. If there is such a thing as a master race, those guys aren't in it.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Plafop posted:

Fascists and communists have more similarities than differences.

We all really like flat caps and plaid shirts and crap folk music for some reason (albeit with very different lyrics), no idea what that's all about. Lenin did the flat cap thing first I guess so that's ours.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Plafop posted:

I don't hate any races, I already told you I'm not a racist.

would you say you're "not racist, but..."?

edit:

Oberleutnant posted:

that's a CPB banner, right? you guys are really hard to get in touch with in my area

That's us. Whereabouts are you? A lot of branches have a Facebook page or their own web-site, but not all do, you might have more luck with the whole party's main site or the Morning Star site and their supporters' groups.

Stottie Kyek fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 15, 2015

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Blue Raider posted:

communism ignores human nature. its the opposite of libertarianism which is distiller human nature. thats why they're both bullshit and also why the worlds governments are closer to libertarianism on a whole, people like it more

That's why you need the state to mitigate the "human nature" factor and make up for inequalities and the like (until the culture changes enough that all people naturally just start being nice to each other all the time and you don't need the state any more, but Engels said that'd take ages and he was probably even being optimistic then). Basically the same reason we have laws in the first place, to stop people going around murdering each other and stealing all their stuff, in a leftist society you also have wealth redistributed to people who need it most to stop more subtle kinds of exploitation, and centralised and nationally-owned service industries like transport, energy, healthcare etc. (which even works out cheaper and more efficient, as it happens :) )

Also the world's governments like libertarianism more because most politicians have shares in large companies and are friends with the bosses who they then give the public contracts to and allow to get away with all kinds of financial crime (while prosecuting the occasional much smaller business as a token gesture) in exchange for a cushy job with them once they leave office, hth. At least that's how it works here in the UK anyway. :smith:

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I'd say that neither communism nor libertarianism are 'human nature' or 'not human nature'. Human nature is complex, and diverse, it isn't one thing and no one really has an accurate description of it. At best they represent aspects of values that are often found in many cultures and people, such as freedom and cooperation. Also, I can't think of any libertarian states, that's ridiculous.

There were those guys with the plans to make multi-dicked dragon mech suits, and freemen on the land who declare their house to be its own sovereign territory, do those count?

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

anchoress posted:

"primitive communism" is the worst loving argument for communism and i can't believe leftists don't get that. like how can you think the best answer to the question "when has communism actually worked" is "tens of thousands of years ago, probably, back when everything sucked and everyone was extremely stupid"

It is a poo poo argument, the best answer is more like "Cuba, Chile under Allende, Vietnam, Venezuela, Yugoslavia, Burkina Faso under Sankara, the USSR under Lenin", and then ask for an example of a functioning capitalist society where the poor and sick aren't literally dying in the streets

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's true though, ofcourse this doesn't factor into the ittybitty brains of people who don't pay taxes.

I pay tax, but I'm happy to do it, because I could easily be injured or get sick or be made redundant, and I'd hope that if any of those things happened I'd be taken care of, so I pay to support anyone else who's already in that situation.

Also don't worry about your animes, guys, Soyuzmultfilm made some nice cartoons.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Oberleutnant posted:

Cause why not go private if u can afford ut? U big baby. My country hasfull uhc AND pricpvate for rich fucks... amazing

It's annoying though, how when the private providers botch operations or neglect the folk in their care homes, they just go "welp, not our problem any more" and dump the patients in the local A&E dept and run away

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
Lenin was down with gay communism, he decriminalised homosexual relationships pretty much as soon as he took office. Stalin banned them again though, he could be a real poo poo sometimes. :(

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Oberleutnant posted:

uncle joe sure wss cranky somrtimes
Uncle Joe's Mint Balls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7aoyF0enNU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

TEAYCHES posted:

anime and communism can never coexist

does Nu, Pogodi! count as anime? It has furries so it may as well be I think

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Gazpacho posted:

my communism will be kawaii or it will be bullshit

will Zayats do? :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Friendly Tumour posted:

Fun fact: Engels owned a factory

Well, his dad did, and was a Christian minister for a while IIRC. A lot of his earlier writing is just "gently caress you dad" until he chilled out a bit and grew up, hung out with Marx and started actually doing some interesting communist theory. Though he was always a big drinker and party animal and manslut, he never really grew up in that sense.

• Locked thread