Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I use faceplate No. 23 and I think it looks fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They made the Zora swimming worse :argh:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The spring ball upgrade is somewhere you haven’t explored yet.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah I think so, but I’m not exactly sure where it is. I remember crawling up a tall wall with the spider ball, and going into a door and fighting a boss if that helps.

Edit: I just looked at my map and I think it’s in a room to the upper right of you. You need to climb a wall in the big open area to get to it. The room with the powerup is above where you might’ve fought a Metroid.

hatty fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Sep 17, 2017

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The regular New 3DS is on the Nintendo refurb store for $125. That’s the model to buy IMO, it has colored buttons

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can transfer but you have to call Nintendo support because they have to do it server side. You will have to redownload everything and you'll lose your saves but everything should be there.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nintendo itself sells them on their website

Here:
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...oryId=cat550080

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think that’s just a game over

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I left my n3DS in an airport a month or so ago and have given up on some kind soul delivering it back to me. I've been craving some 3D Picross and was thinking of buying the 2DS off the refurb store for $50. Is there a downside to this thing besides not folding and no SNES games? I'm mostly just buying it so I can have Picross 3d, Warioware, and Etrian Odyssey back. I don't really mind throwing an extra $50 to get that cool looking purple 2DS XL, but still I'm having trouble justifying spending twice the price if this normal 2DS will be fine for me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah this will hopefully be the last "DS" system I buy so I probably don't want to cheap out too much. I'll just get the 2DS XL

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The game felt like X7 with its dull level design, messy art style, and terrible voice acting with a terrible script. It controlled well though

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Sometimes if you install a screen protector the glue gets into the scratch and it becomes unnoticeable.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Showdown is fine but I kinda wish they would have tuned the Plague Knight campaign a bit before they finalized Treasure Trove so the levels flowed better

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is there a homebrewy way to make it that all DS or GBA games launch in “pixel perfect” mode automatically? Sometimes I let go of select too early or press it too late then I need to close and relaunch.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

LionArcher posted:

I have a new 3ds (with face plates) and a 2ds. I need to pick up a new 3ds xl before they get too expensive, and then mod the 2ds for GBA games. And grab the last 6 or so 3ds games I don’t own and wish I did. They are all capable of having the batteries replaced right?

Yeah they’re all easily replaceable. The only one that’s a bit of a hassle is the 2DS XL because you have motherboard wires to deal with and a battery sticky pad. But it’s still easy

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wario Ware Gold
Picross 3D 2
Rhythm Heaven Megamix
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
Mario 3D land
Etrian odyssey can be played in chunks
SMT: Strange Journey is a good pick up an play game imo
Never played it but Pocket Card Jockey seems cool

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I was a good forty hours into Bravely Default before I lost my 3DS and I cant bring myself to replay it. I should really just power through it again

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Rainbow Curse was such a disappointment coming from Canvas Curse

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, it might be even worse actually

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Theres also the possibility that developers will port their MiSTer cores to its dedicated homebrew FPGA. Then it'd be a good way to play NES, SNES, TurboGrafx, Genesis, and if it's capable NeoGeo. Its just a possibility though, I wouldn't preorder it nine months before it comes out unless you really like what its capable of out of the box.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think this is the one you want

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s better than the original NSMB at least, going back to that was dire

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I have had a 128gb one in there for a while with no issues

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Good things to have for the upcoming apocalypse.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Nintendo refurbs are essentially new

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You can only do it once a week system to system and once a year over the phone. I think those are the only limitations

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think that was only a problem with the original 3DS

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I had a 400gb in my 3ds but it was way overkill. I got a smaller 128gb one and it’s still more than enough.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
People used Twilightmenu++ last I checked, I just use a flashcart instead of messing with that though

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Really? Guess it’s time to buy a 3DS battery or two before they stop putting them out.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think credit card payments were only disabled in Europe so Nintendo could dodge some new legislation.

hatty fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 26, 2021

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They were in stock on the official Nintendo store not too long ago so I'm not sure if there are too many community vetted alternatives yet. The Nintendo product page isn't gone yet so maybe restocks are coming?

E: yeah the page says “temporarily sold out” so keep an eye on it and you may get lucky. They sold DS lite batteries up until 2017 so it’d be strange for them to stop making 3DS batteries so early

hatty fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 2, 2021

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
A majority of my 3DS time was playing some release of Etrian Odyssey so maybe one of those

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
My lite just started going bad so quite a while I think

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Prices shot up immediately after Nintendo announced they were discontinuing the 3DS family and then jumped again once the refurbished stock dried up. The prices will only go up from here since a direct successor will never happen and its the final form of the Nintendo Dual Screen family

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I didn’t think such things were possible but I ordered a fancy GBA battery recently so anything can happen I guess

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Its one of these. It’s a liPo battery attached to a custom board that can fit in an SP. pretty mandatory if you want to put in a modern ips screen and still want good battery life. Seemed like the best option to revive my old SP though I would never replace the stock screen

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Probably the last time you'll be able to get any 3DS at this price. and the 2DS is very comfy to boot

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Emulating the dual screen handhelds just never felt right to me. Like playing a GameCube or N64 game without the proper controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If you’ve seen the condition of the stuff I’ve traded into GameStop you wouldn’t buy refurbished. It’s a last resort type of place