Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Just modded my 3DS XL. Whats the largest SD card that will work well? I'm using a 32 right now. Will a 128 affect boot time?

e:read comments further up. Looks like larger cards slow down boot time significantly.

E: hey cool, 3DSident tells me that I have an IPS upper screen and a TN lower screen. Does anyone have two IPS screens?, because I think that would be the rarest config.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 25, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
Dumping my physical DS cartridges is astonishingly simple. Did you know that The World Ends With You is only 128 Megabytes? That’s some serious optimization.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

C-Euro posted:

What cart reader do you have, and does it do more than DS carts? Interested in dumping my physical Nintendo handheld collection (at least the stuff older than a 3DS) and just having the Ur-Handheld for everything I own.

I’m using Godmode on my hacked N3DSXL. My only regret is that I didn’t do this sooner. Still learning my way around modding, but this is really cool.

I have an old DSLite, too. Can I mod that so that I can dump my GBA games?

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Will it be possible to hack 3DS once the servers are down? My friend’s kid wants me to hack his 3DS and I don’t know if I’ll have time to do it while the servers are still up.

It’s really straightforward and has nothing to do with Nintendo. Hell, if a fifty something year old man can figure out how to mod his 3DS, I’m pretty sure you’ll have zero difficulty.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

lol, I bought Picross 3D on cartridge years ago, but I’m playing it for the very first time time on my N3DSXL today.

It’s really good. I’m not entirely sure why I’ve never played a Picross game before.

E: Just dumped my Hotel Dusk cart. Gonna play that later.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 27, 2024