Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

hatty posted:

In two months it will be your civic duty to hack every 3DS you can get your hands on

correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
can vouch for Dragonball Fusions being the oddest gimmick for a monster tamer game that I know of. pretty weird and wonderful!

you collect Gokus to make bigger Gokus

wizard2 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 2, 2023

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
with money like that, youd think hed be able to afford a barber :wal::stat:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

C-Euro posted:

Anyone ITT have insight into how the Save Data Transfer Tool works? Thinking about moving data from a Monster Hunter 4U cart to a digital copy, but that's motivated by the fact that my 3DS likes to randomly act like the cart isn't loaded into the system when it is (AFAIK I only have this problem with this specific cart), and I'm worried about it having one of those episodes happening mid-transfer and messing everything up. Especially since the transfer tool then wipes the cart after transferring!

I dont want to be the "mod your 3DS" guy BUT you can deftly make a backup copy of your save data with bog standard homebrew and not worry about Nintendo's jank software that wipes your cart no take backs no do over. You could then also freely move your save data to and from a eShop purchase or you could make your own copy of your game from the physical cart to the SD Card. You can also move your save data to your computer! Or have as many save files as you want! The list goes on...

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

endlessmonotony posted:

The sanest option here might be to have a second, modded 2DS to do backups on before using Nintendo's official tools.

Wow.

correct! I did a SMT4 save from cart to digital using the Nintendo tool. it took way longer than it shouldve to transfer I think 400kb file and it made me nervous when it insisted I couldnt touch anything while it wiped the data clean off my OOP physical copy.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
how is Ever Oasis btw? I enjoy and appreciate the Mana series a great deal but more in theory than in play

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
lmao wow

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Xenomrph posted:

Was that a Starfox game in the video posted in the Tweet?

that is Red Alarm, only inspired by Star Fox, I think. I dont know the development histories.

Snackmar posted:

With such a small library of official titles they're at least all novel to try out, but I genuinely enjoy VB Wario Land, Galactic Pinball, and Jack Bros.

this is right. I enjoyed Teleroboxer well enough for the 3d effect, and one time I got locked in high and watched a longplay of that Shadows Over Innsmouth game that only came out in Japan, which was an experience

I really love the music of Jack Bros

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I also like Nester's Funky Bowling merely for the fact that Nintendo was feeling silly enough to give Nester from Nintendo Power his own video game, which I think is the reason why anybody mentions that game at all

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Sick list! Yeah, I want to stress DB Fusions being real goofy fun.

Also, I don't think I could go back to Miitopia on 3DS after the Switch remake, but that and Tomodatchi Life are probably my favorite unpopular/obscure Nintendo franchises. They are both Mad Libs: The Game, and theres still a lot of great downloadable Miis out there on the internet for 3DS.

http://www.miicharacters.com

the Switch counterpart is https://www.miipedia.com

I assume the 3DS Mii QR codes still function as intended, despite server shutdowns?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Hshop rules, especially since Nintendo decided you can’t buy games for your 3DS any longer

Nintendo was correct to do so, as we should not be fettered by the past, but instead look ahead to the future and every day seek out new imaginative possibilities of games and play.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Nintendo sucks really bad at the internet. Never forget that

a passing trend, unlike Mario

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I forget the process bc Im phonepoasting and falling asleep but Im on 128gb and Im some sort of dolt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Small Strange Bird posted:

some good 3DS games that aren't RPGs

:confused: