Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Nookovian-Red posted:

I like the part where the OP gets probated in his thread where he's sincerely asking for real advice. Advice he was getting from actual qualified people with real experience with his situation. That is until you decided to waltz in with your ignorant and obviously prejudiced shitposts. Trolling in Pet Island, really?

Now you're rolling around mirthfully in your own poo poo, proud of how you've manipulated a mod to probate someone who just wanted some information?

What the gently caress happened to Pet Island. Has it really fallen this far?

Lol who picks a fight in pet island?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Nookovian-Red posted:

I like the part where the OP gets probated in his thread where he's sincerely asking for real advice. Advice he was getting from actual qualified people with real experience with his situation. That is until you decided to waltz in with your ignorant and obviously prejudiced shitposts. Trolling in Pet Island, really?

Now you're rolling around mirthfully in your own poo poo, proud of how you've manipulated a mod to probate someone who just wanted some information?

:agreed:

This is like the time when Supercondescending's dogs apparently lost their minds and were rolling around and playing in their own poo poo. but somehow more disgusting.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Fraction posted:

:agreed:

This is like the time when Supercondescending's dogs apparently lost their minds and were rolling around and playing in their own poo poo. but somehow more disgusting.

Oh my gosh did that really happen? :ohdear: Those poor babies. I hope they're okay. I know super has some troubles sometimes with her dogs but I never ever thought that it would be that kind of trouble. They seem like such good puppies and they always look so happy even when they're doing completely silly things. Personally I think she should have to post a censor bar now and then because you can really see some Things going on and you probably shouldn't. :lol:

Speaking of which, did I mention that I've seen my little girls doing that to each other now and then? So silly.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Nookovian-Red posted:

ahahaha gettin salty

salty dog

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
I go outside for 5 seconds and everything goes to poo poo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Nookovian-Red posted:

:laffo:

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

Nookovian-Red posted:

excuse you, there's no one more qualified to talk about pit bull death

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Wheats posted:

Sounds like I need to do some research on these "pit bull dogs" before I jump to conclusions next time

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

Nookovian-Red posted:

I like the part where qualified people told him what he didn't want to hear and he called them "cunty."

Here's what happened to Pet Island: We, the qualified, got tired of repeating ourselves every 15 minutes to every idiot who posted a new thread without ever reading anything (in part because 12 part megathread OPs are stupid as poo poo and no one wants to read those stupid loving things), so we started getting OMG MEAN (that is, funny) about it. The Powers That Be heard the squealing of the masses who shoulda Lurked More, said "No more being mean!" and handed out probations and bans like candy on Halloween until we, the qualified, got really sick of it, so we left. For the past year or more, PI has been devoid of posting -- quality, humorous or otherwise.

As far as rolling around in poo poo, yes, the OP behaved like a poo poo. We took the opportunity to mock his tantrum when someone who Knows Things went "I hope that dog does not kill your cat" -- truly something worth pitching a fit over like a 3 year old who has just learned his first racial slur.

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

Superconsndar posted:

Sounds like I need to do some research on these "pit bull dogs" before I jump to conclusions next time

if you're just willing to examine your prejudice you can change

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Wheats posted:

i love my dead gay murder dog

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

i love my dead gay murder dog

Pixelated Dragon
Jan 22, 2007

Do you remember how we used to breathe and watch it
and feel such power and feel such joy, to be ice dragons and be so free. -Noe Venable

OP, in case my earlier post slips through the cracks when and if you return to look at this, GET THE HEARTWORM TREATMENT IN WRITING! It sounds like your mind is made up to adopt this dog so good luck and I hope you have many happy years with your new companion, BUT YOU NEED TO GET THAT HEARTWORM TREATMENT IN WRITING!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Nookovian-Red posted:

what loving imaginary pet island are you thinking of?

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Pette islande, long sought by the azperg explorers and renowned for being the height of posting paradise

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

We must secure the existence of our hugbox and a future for pet Island

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jonesy posted:

We must secure the existence of our hugbox and a future for pet Island

I like hugboxes.

I like to set them on fire, anyway.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
I love my live gay murder dog. I'll be patting her soon.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
If this dude posted in YLLS that he was going to start an advanced weightlifting program after only having done Zumba classes in the past for "experience" and people reacted similarly I don't think there would be as much backlash against the posters going "you're an idiot you're going to hurt yourself".

But PI is full of weird hug box furmoms who aren't allowed to be frank about things I guess.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

If this dude posted in YLLS that he was going to start an advanced weightlifting program after only having done Zumba classes in the past for "experience" and people reacted similarly I don't think there would be as much backlash against the posters going "you're an idiot you're going to hurt yourself".

But PI is full of weird hug box furmoms who aren't allowed to be frank about things I guess.

It's always been this way, anything but perpetual butt patting in PI specifically makes everyone freak the gently caress out. At least the mods/admins finally ~listened to us~ and seem to be really trying to be more chill. Birdmod goodmod.

Golden-i
Sep 18, 2006

One big, stumpy family
The problem is, animal forums are perpetual hugboxes that universally turn into a bunch of weirdos who unironically call their shitmonsters "furbaby" and end up taxidermying their pets or some other weird poo poo that they think is OK to do because other people say it is. It's good to be realistic, though it does come across as harsh sometimes.

Pet Island needs a more accurate name that's less tropical and warm sounding. How about "All Dogs Go To Hell"?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Golden-i posted:

Pet Island needs a more accurate name that's less tropical and warm sounding. How about "All Dogs Go To Hell"?

I have it on good authority that PI will be changing names soon. ;)

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

pls Fountain of Euth

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
i dunno man, all dogs go to hell is pretty good

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Oh my god this is the most ironic statement ever :neckbeard:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Oh my god this is the most ironic statement ever :neckbeard:

so is this

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Technically the most ironic post ever is actually a picture of iron nick carter.

E: gnarly let's throw a party and invite all the goons

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

why are you talking about me

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Technically the most ironic post ever is actually a picture of iron nick carter.

E: gnarly let's throw a party and invite all the goons

I already have parties that goons come to because I'm not insane hth

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

I already have parties that goons come to because I'm not insane hth

:3: Is that an invitation?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

:3: Is that an invitation?

sure if you want to come to one of my parties you have to bring your registration papers that say you aren't insane

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

sure if you want to come to one of my parties you have to bring your registration papers that say you aren't insane

Registration with who? Mensa?

an expert
Jul 18, 2011

is it going to be a pizza party? i can vouch for FB not being insane she gave me a cookie once and bought me a hamburger and i was alone with her in a secluded alleyway for like five minutes and she totally could've murdered me and fed me to some farm animals but she didn't. so like if there is going to be pizza at this party i am willing to come and chaperone fluffy bunnies just to make sure she's cool

edit: i can bring some cheesecake and napkins

an expert fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Feb 20, 2015

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Jonesy posted:

Pette islande, long sought by the azperg explorers and renowned for being the height of posting paradise

The myth must live on in the hearts of men.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Superconsndar posted:

This is a super serious question to you. That show about the pitbull rescue on Animal Planet, do you think it is helping or hurting? Pitbulls as you say do have high prey drive and all the issues that have been discussed but I find that the show seems to try and paint them as misunderstood and great for every one.

Is it just because they only show the good adoptions (apart from maybe one or two times) and not the tons of other requests they get from people not suited to owning a pitbull?

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
The best reason to adopt from a kill shelter has nothing to do with a chance to save a furbaby from death, the best reason to choose to adopt from a kill shelter is that nokill shelters are exclusively run by people with their heads v far up their own rear end

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

BigPaddy posted:

This is a super serious question to you. That show about the pitbull rescue on Animal Planet, do you think it is helping or hurting? Pitbulls as you say do have high prey drive and all the issues that have been discussed but I find that the show seems to try and paint them as misunderstood and great for every one.

Is it just because they only show the good adoptions (apart from maybe one or two times) and not the tons of other requests they get from people not suited to owning a pitbull?

At this point I haven't watched anything Pit Bull related on TV in years because all of the shows just offend me too much; from what I've seen of those shows they are largely trash. The trend of painting pit bulls as misunderstood and abused angels forced to fight for profit who actually have the temperament of Labradors if "raised right" or "rehabilitated" is an offensively head-in-the-sand approach to take and does a massive disservice to the dogs (who are typically shut down and have their drives suppressed until they give up and learn to be obedient and broken dog-lumps, which is dangerous because it often creates a dog that will not give warning signs at the appropriate times, creating a perfect recipe for the "he just snapped!!" phenomena that so many victims of pit bull attacks seem to report.)

Ignoring, minimizing, demonizing, and refusing to acknowledge or attempt to understand the history of the breed and the kind of dog it created leads to more of the above- shut down dogs that don't know how to function in a world they weren't made for with owners who have no clue what they have or how to manage it. These shows (and rescues with similar mindsets) encourage irresponsible ownership and are constantly adding nails to the breed's coffin. They mean well, but I felt significantly safer with the type of person who typically owned pit bulls before they became an object of martyrdom for people with too many feelings and nothing to attach them to. I can't think of another breed where it is considered correct to deny that breed's innate drives and the genetic components to their behavior, and anything that tells people it's safe to go grab a pit from the shelter and toss it in their house with other animals and toddlers because "they're no more aggressive than other dogs!" absolutely terrifies me, both for the dogs and for the families who end up with them.

I would love to see a show about pit bulls that was honest about their history, honest about the genetic components of their typical behaviors, honest about what kind of management they require, and honest about what kind of homes they are suited for. They're great dogs, for the right situations.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

text editor posted:

The best reason to adopt from a kill shelter has nothing to do with a chance to save a furbaby from death, the best reason to choose to adopt from a kill shelter is that nokill shelters are exclusively run by people with their heads v far up their own rear end

agree

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Superconsndar posted:

They're great dogs, for the right situations.

Which is murder coverups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

text editor posted:

No way, the best reason to adopt from a kill shelter is because the adoption fee is going to be something like 10% of what you'd pay at a private rescue.

• Locked thread