Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

you did, the reason i got so hard on your case is because i asked you to vote with me and you ignored it for a few posts before you decided to respond

town-mills would never hesitate like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i think i will actually abstain from voting d1 of this game

i like everyone too much to arbitrarily cut someone :(

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I'm giving my vote to Ernie on D1.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Mills posted:

I'm giving my vote to Ernie on D1.

Maybe you should just vote him instead.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I really need to go to bed because I dread this cold I'm coming down with being even worse tomorrow for work. Too bad this game had to start now.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Ernie. posted:

help i have a problem i like everyone in this game

except lumpen, i hate that guy

:agreed:

##vote Lumpen

(:h: u, Lumpy)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

man imagine what a great scumteam ernie mills and I would make

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

you're leaving out some p important context

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

DuckHuntDog posted:

I really need to go to bed because I dread this cold I'm coming down with being even worse tomorrow for work. Too bad this game had to start now.

The trick for a true strategy is to be asleep while the game starts and miss all the action and then wake up when no one's around and just talk in an echo chamber. Works every time.

Tremendous Taste posted:

man imagine what a great scumteam ernie mills and I would make

It'd be too much for me to handle. One of you is already too much for me to handle like by leaps and bounds.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie. posted:

i think i will actually abstain from voting d1 of this game

i like everyone too much to arbitrarily cut someone :(

You don't remember Mills Australians rule list? Number 5 was never not vote! And as we all know Australians are never wrong.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hey 100yrs I'm around :)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hmm how do we kickstart d1

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tremendous Taste posted:

We could turbo somebody.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey 100yrs I'm around :)

You're clearly a pro-player who has taken advantage of my playbook.

EXAKT Science posted:

We could turbo somebody.

I'm not fond of turboing. I find it even tougher to get useful information out of D1 with turbos than normally. I'm often wrong either which way, but with a turbo I feel like I'm only flailing slightly less than with no information. If we just let the day run its course with the usual gamut of joke posts and the last minute rush to lynch I feel I can more easily make my (wrong) decisions since there is clearly more information.

A turbo is not a condensed Day 1 lynch.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm running into the same problem as ernie shiiit

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote no lynch

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tremendous Taste posted:

##vote no lynch

Oh come on ##vote Tremendous Taste

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Dammit TT you've made me pull out of jokephase three posts in and less than three hours into the game, you are the worst.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

This is a great lot of players to play with and I'm sure it'd be good fun, but you can't have fun without someone getting killed. The game just stagnates.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

##vote EXAKT

overwrought 'joke' complaint in the same post as saying his vote is not a joke :shrug:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Mills posted:

##vote EXAKT

overwrought 'joke' complaint in the same post as saying his vote is not a joke :shrug:

No, that's not what I said at all, Mills. I voted TT, because not killing someone on any day before MYLO is bad for town, due to not giving us any information. I also went out of my way to make that point because I love jokephase, but as much as I love jokephase, calling out someone for advocating a no-lynch D1 takes precedence. How come you think that's nad, are you TT's scumbuddy or something?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

EXAKT Science posted:

No, that's not what I said at all, Mills. I voted TT, because not killing someone on any day before MYLO is bad for town, due to not giving us any information. I also went out of my way to make that point because I love jokephase, but as much as I love jokephase, calling out someone for advocating a no-lynch D1 takes precedence. How come you think that's bad, are you TT's scumbuddy or something?

Mafiaedit

Also, have we played any games together, Mills?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

emphasis mine

EXAKT Science posted:

Dammit TT you've made me pull out of jokephase three posts in and less than three hours into the game, you are the worst.

reads like a joke

EXAKT Science posted:

reads like you are announcing your vote is serious

please elaborate

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Mafiaedit

Also, have we played any games together, Mills?

you sound familiar enough that i will say yes :shrug:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Shin Megami Tensei Mafia
The Lion King

you were unmemorable in the first, and ernie owned the second one so no one else is memorable

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Mills posted:

emphasis mine

reads like a joke

reads like you are announcing your vote is serious

please elaborate

Uh is your case against me seriously that I said I was making a seriousvote while also being jokey in the same post? That is a dumb case. Yes, I was doing both. So what?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Mills posted:

Shin Megami Tensei Mafia
The Lion King

you were unmemorable in the first, and ernie owned the second one so no one else is memorable

Oh okay. Generally speaking I make awkwardposts in the early game.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

wait a second

are you the guy pinterest mom said everyone always votes d1 in SMT

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
However I don't think I'm being all that awkward this game, and I think the way you're trying to push me right now is ridiculous. ##vote Mills

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Mills posted:

wait a second

are you the guy pinterest mom said everyone always votes d1 in SMT

Yeah that's me. My above post stand tho.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

ahahaha

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You two are just slap-fighting over nothing. While you can vote Exact just because their not funny, doesn't make the vote sound. I don't think they've been awkward at all either. I'm of the opinion that any scum would just sit tight this early on rather than risk rocking the whale-ship.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You two are just slap-fighting over nothing. While you can vote Exact just because their not funny, doesn't make the vote sound. I don't think they've been awkward at all either. I'm of the opinion that any scum would just sit tight this early on rather than risk rocking the whale-ship.

Ouch 100yrs, ouch.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Tremendous Taste posted:

##vote no lynch

I declare TT confirmed town. The last couple of games I've played with him he hasn't done his no lunch joke D1 and he was scum.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

idk, this guy is pinging gut

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

EXAKT Science posted:

Ouch 100yrs, ouch.

Not saying I don't find you funny, more that seemed like the reason Mills voted you. You are generally amusing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Hi guys, confirming.

EXAKT is spazzing out and Mills is right to note:

Mills posted:

The post Mills pinged on strikes me as a Scumpost too. And then the OMGUS vote on Mills.
##Vote EXAKT Science

EXAKT has a history of awkward posting in the 2 other games I've been in with him, but in one of them he was Scum and in the other I don't know yet, so that meta hasn't been fleshed out. I'll continue observing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Lumpen posted:

EXAKT is spazzing out and Mills is right to note:
I apologize for my shocking breach of E-Prime by using the copula.

I meant to say
"EXAKT's posting resembles someone spazzing out and I agree with Mills saying:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Dealing with weather, will be around later

maybe

halp

• Locked thread