Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

~~~~ a few moments ago ~~~~

The Chiss can't help but smile and laugh at the Trandoshan's offer. When she first meet him, he looked pretty scary and, well, she DID have a bounty on her. But as she discovered he was normal like everyone else. "Hahaha! That's sweet of you Sav! Maybe tomorrow, I've had enough of violence for one day, but thanks for the offer, I can handle myself regarding him. We Chiss are very patient people."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth makes hissing sound that is as close to laughter that the Trandoshan can get, "I have no doubt that you could handle this, little. problem yourself. If I were to just start to beat the annoying Bantha chip myself Viktor would be, well Viktor. Were I to say I was doing it to defend your honor, something tells me he and his interesting sense of chivalry and honor would not allow him to get as cross with me. As I said, it would definitely be for me."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

It's been a long while since the old days but Chiss education programs were nothing if not thorough on anyone of importance in the galaxy and that included weapon components. Without proper analysis equipment it's impossible to be certain but Dalessa is certain this is a power focusing crystal likely from the ice world of Ilum from recollection. They are known to remain stable while an intense amount of energy is passed safely through them allowing the energy conduit it creates to be channel through some kind of focusing lens and create a stable beam of energy. The Imperial Senate outlawed any use and sale of the crystal roughly 20 years ago and have been known to extensively hunt and destroy any found floating around in the black market. As a result they have increased in value and are usually worth a small fortune to anyone who can find a reliable buyer. There has really only been one major and constant use of them in the galaxy before that point. The were used as the heart of a lightsaber.

Running the name through the Bounty Hunter Guild Holonet gives you a single hit that flashes an image of the man you have in your medical bay, though with less obvious wounds. Looks like there was a bounty on them. A pretty reasonable one from the looks of things but it was taken down just over a week ago, like most contracts the specific authorizer was anonymous but it looks like the payment at least was going to be handled through Bore'pak the Hutt. The bounty looks like it was for alive paying 1500 credits or so. Decent for someone who looks like easy pray from your perspective.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Mar 6, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Dalessa turns the little crystal around in her hand, analyzing it from multiple directions. "Looks like to be a weapon component of some sorts, a precious crystal that allows power to be focused through it... could it be...?" She suddenly has a surprised look in her face. "Aha! Of course the Ascendancy would teach information about something like this, this is a vital component of lightsabers! What a find, Viktor!" Another realization comes to her mind, and her face turns dark for a second. "This is worth a lot but, well you being an Imperial citizen knows how ridiculously illegal such things are. What are you going to do with it? This can be dangerous, specially considering WHERE you found it." She gives the crystal back to Viktor, Dalessa now eager to not touch the thing further.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 6, 2015

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

After looking up the bounty Saveth makes his way to the cargo hold, where Viktor and Dalessa are staring at the crystal. He walks up, his clawed feet clacking on the floor, and stares at it. "Is a nice looking gem. For Lightsabers you say? I heard the stories, growing up on Coruscant. Mother took me there as young hatchling. Their temple still stands, though left abandoned. As there are no jedi left, who would buy it?" The lizard shrugs before continuing. "Our 'guest' had a Guild bounty on him until a week ago. Brought in alive, 1500 credits. Bounty down now, but was posted by Bore'pak the Hutt. Maybe this job of his was to pay off bounty? Maybe Bore'pak would still pay for him for failing? Or maybe will pay for that code cylinder the clone trooper is working on? Could we not deliver our agreed upon spice, then take the leftover, the code cylander, and the prisoner to this Bore'pak for extra money? The Hutt wanted it bad enough to cancel his Guild Contract."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

With a low, appreciative whistle, Viktor takes the crystal and turns it in front of him, looking at it with a newfound respect. His voice has a hint of wonder to it, and he keeps it down. "No poo poo. Like what the Jedi used, huh?" Viktor puts the crystal back in the box and chuckles. "Well, I don't think I'd raise questions of legality when we're running from a Star Destroyer and carting twenty thousand doses of glitterdust, but you're right; this thing is incredibly hot. We'll need to find just the right buyer." He pats the box and grins. "Until then, I'll stow this in my bunk. I've got a compartment in there I can hide it in."

When Saveth walks in, Viktor nods to him. "That was my plan, Sav. We finish our contract so we keep our reputation, and sell the left over to one of the Hutt cartel heads. As for a buyer for this?" He hoists the box again. "I think I might know a fence. We don't need to a find a buyer, we just need to find someone who'll find a buyer FOR us." He pauses, scratching his chin. "But he's got a bounty, huh? I dunno. We're crooks, but that's underhanded as all get out."

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 6, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Dalessa keeps nodding as the conversation progresses but gets a huge sinking feeling when Saveth mentions Bore'pak the Hutt. "Oh no." is all she can think. Suddenly the lightsaber crystal is out of her mind. "Sav... did I hear that right? Bore'pak the Hutt? How much is he involved in this?? I-" she starts talking in conspiratorial whispers, as if anyone could actually listen to their conversation. "Remember when we first meet and I told you guys there was a bounty on my head? Well, the one who put it on me is exactly that Hutt. I made some huge mistakes in Nal Hutta and it has been a torment on me ever since. I don't think I should accompany you guys on this future negotiation."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

I said he had a bounty," Saveth raises a claw to punctuate his statement. "If you're above seeing if the Hutt would still pay the so be it, but it would be a waste. When word comes that he didn't complete his mission after we sell the data cylinder, the Hutt will likely put the bounty back in place. If that is what is going to happen anyway, we may as well get the money for him."

Saveth narrows his eyes at the Chiss. "Yes, you did mention that. This could also be an opportunity. I could consider perhaps handing this man and the spice over to this Hutt in exchange for revoking your bounty, unless you are in that deep to the Hutt."

Werix fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Mar 6, 2015

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

"That's an interesting idea Sav, but I...hmm."

For once she feels conflicted big time, sure the guy was slimy as hell but no one deserved to get handed to a Hutt, to then be thrown into monster pits or something worse.

On the other hand, this was a harsh galaxy out there, and a girl had to look out for herself, you know? If this guy got arrested on the first place it really is his own fault, not hers. Who was she to control the fate of others? The current bounty on her is completely unfair anyway, the prisoner KNEW what he was doing. Besides, Saveth would handle it, and he looked like he knew what he was doing. It's just another business in the galaxy really, for him it would be nothing, why couldn't she just feel like that too?

"I...yes. I would like you to consider that. I imagine the left-over spice and bounty would satisfy the Hutt regarding my incident, specially if I could explain myself to him..."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

Viktor joins the conspiratorial whispering, his voice sharp as he interrupts the two. "Hey hey hey hey, hang on, think for just a second. You do realize the reason he's going to be IN bantha poo poo is because, oddly enough, someone stole his shipment and sold half of it?" He looks between the two aliens, looking furious, until he realizes he still has the Imperial officer's cap on. He takes it off with a grumble and tosses it aside. "And if the Hutt finds out we're double dealing him, oh, I dunno, probably from the guy we're screwing over, WE'LL be in deeper poo poo than he would be!"

"We gotta stick to our contract regardless, and that's gonna leave us 10 crates richer than we started. We give the Hutt his cylinder, his crony, and maybe his spice if he throws a fit about it, but the crystal stays a secret. The guy can't know about it, cause if he doesn't know about it, then he can't filch us out on it." He looks between the two again. "You got me on that? We can't screw this guy over, because it'll screw the Hutt over, and that will screw US over rather royally, and I'm sure Bluebell here knows how it is to piss off a Hutt."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Dalessa is frankly stunned for the moment, less that she and Sav were wrong and more that she just tried to rationalize sending a guy to a gruesome death for her own benefit. She didn't have this ugly side of hers when she lived in the Ascendancy. All she always wanted was to study the animals of the galaxy dammit! "You're right, of course. drat. Must be the wound pain and my exhaustion that's making me think like that. How utterly un-Chiss like of me. If you'll both excuse me I really need some rest right now." Dalessa leaves the cargo holds and heads to her quarters, locking the door as always.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth shakes his head at Viktor, "What the Hutt wouldn't know would not hurt him. You are the silver tongued one, you could have easily told a story about how when we ran into the Imperial's captive some of the spice was already gone. It seems to me that code cylinder is probably the real prize, and the spice is something extra." Saveth itches his chin with a claw as the Chiss leaves, and then shrugs. "Look, all this backroom dealing is not my area of expertise. This is why i prefer hunting bounties. You take contract, you find bounty, you return bounty, you get paid. There is none of this worrying about who double-crossed who and who we can find to fence old gems or anything. I like none of it, but the Nite Owl is a good base of operations for hunting bounties, and all of you, save that damned clone, have proven to be capable hunt-mates and dependable, if sometimes foolish comrades. You are the trickster, I will follow your lead on how to proceed here."

Saveth turns and walks away. He wanted to sleep, but the thought of entering his still freezing room did not leave him with comfort. Saveth heads to the bridge and takes a seat, watching the stars zoom past faster than light.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Trev

Trev finally comes out of the engineering bay exhausted, he had been trying repeatedly to get into the cylinder, but had only managed to get partial information out of it. Judging by his expression the cylinder wasn't a deed to a brand new ship or a letter appointing the owner as Senator. Or anything good at all. He seeks out the prisoner, almost shoving everyone else out of the way and shakes the cylinder at his face, almost beating his nose in with it.

"You, Talk! What do you know of this? Was this addressed to you? If not, where did you get it?"

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Seb backs up as the visibly upset clone bursts into the medical ward, "Woah hello to you too buddy. I don't know what your talking about, I just picked up the drat thing from a couple of Imps operating on Kessel all sneaky sneaky like. I don't know who it's for but Bore'pak wanted me to smuggle it too him. I figured it's related to the Kessel spice mines. Production has increased like crazy lately and is throwing the whole market off. It's most certainly none of my business. I just want the job done, hand that codecylinder to the Hutt and have nothing to ever do with it if it's bringing Imperial Heat with it."

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Trev

"Bring the heat? No no no, you got it bit wrong. This cylinder is the reason the Agent wanted you. It is literally the most dangerous thing in this room. Unless you're trandoshan, in which case it is the ship's A/C module. "
Trev backs off from menacing the prisoner with the code cylinder and scans the rest of the crew with his gaze. Telling them what he found might endanger them, yet keeping them completely in the dark would be just as bad.

"Well, I managed to preen something out of the cylinder and.. We're blinked. Just carrying that thing brands us essentially rebels, there's no idea why the Hutt would want it and trying to hand it somehow to Imperial Intelligence would probably anger the Hutt. All in all good choices each. "

Sormus fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 7, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

At the mention of it being the most dangerous thing in the room, Viktor is a bit taken aback. He looks to his colleagues and sighs, running a hand through his hair. "Alright. Crew meeting time. You know the place, and you know the code for it. Meet me there." He slips away from the others to get the box from his room, and after a few minutes heads to the code-locked storage vault at the heart of the ship. Punching the key in, he throws the door open and steps in to meet with the others privately.

Once everyone is assembled, he opens the box, showing the crystal to Trev. "This was stowed in one of the spice barrels, Trev. I got a feeling from how you're reacting that this might be related to the cylinder, and I've got a hunch the Hutt knew about the gem in the barrels." He holds the crystal up and looks it over once more, before looking his friend in the eye. "That cylinder's got something to do with these old Jedi stories, doesn't it? Cause here we are, in the same shipment, with one of the crystals that powered their weapons, and an encrypted cylinder that I'm guessing says something about them." He looks to the chiss and the trando, trying to gauge their reactions.

"We got two puzzle pieces here, guys, and I dunno if our little passenger is telling the truth or not on his involvement in this. I knew it was somethin' big to get Intelligence on top of it, but I gotta wonder why they care about these old stories."

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Trev
Trev spent some time repairing and customizing his pilfered stormtrooper armor. Some of the section casts had been changed from the close-fitting made for Clones version he had known to more of a "one size fits all poorly" casts and his already poor mood wasn't improved by the blasted helmet had tried to display him information in Basic instead of Kaminoan.

Trev looks at the crystal with utter disgust. What he had seen them in was a brutal blade made of pure energy.

"Frack. I was hoping I'd never see any of those." he shifts his posture nervously. "'an elegant weapon for more civilized age' they said. I have certain reservations how Elegant it is to chop a man in half vertically."
"As for the cylinder, I am afraid that mere knowledge of what's inside is dangerous and I cannot share it with you. If the Prisoner truly does not know about either the Crystal or the Cylinder then he is just some random scapegoat hired to deliver, or unable reveal anything when caught."

"What I suggest might sound bad, but hear me out. We'll deliver the 10 cases of Spice, as contracted, to our client and then go to Bore'Pak to deliver him his, hoping that selling him the extra 10 crates of Spice at discount will help him forget what we looked like and what our ship was."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth is slightly annoyed to be shaken out of his thoughts in the cockpit by Viktor's demand for another meeting. Talk, talk, talk, that's all humans and their clones seem to do. He meets the others in the "secret" meeting room. He impatiently taps his clawed toe on the ground while Viktor and Trev share words. "The Jedi were a danger. They attempted to kill the Emperor and overthrow the Republic from within; luckily Trev's Clone brothers had been prepared for that scenario, and wiped them all out; or so that is how the stories on Coruscant go. The more I think about it, the less I like having anything to do with Bore'pak. The cylinder, the crystal, I like none of it. I say if we are not going to sell the former captive to the Hutt that we take all the spice, sell it to our contact, and drop the crystal, the cylinder, and the human down the deepest hole on Nal Hutta."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

O'Mallah stands with his arms folded across his chest, the lockbox tucked under his armpit. "I don't really feel much like crossing a Hutt, and it's possible getting the spice to this slug could get Bluebell here out of trouble with him if we save his operation." He nods towards Daleesa. "But I don't like the idea of giving either of these items up. Imperial Intelligence wanted it, and look.." He looks over to Trev, before looking back to the trandoshan. "Trev and I WERE in the Imperial military forces, and I've dealt with the agency before. Agents do NOT gently caress around, and they aren't sent on missions if they aren't of some great importance to the Empire."

He sighs, leaning against the wall and setting the box down on a shelf nearby. He leans his head back against the wall and shuts his eyes, rubbing the bridge of his nose. "I'm hoping the agent can't find enough about us to track us down, but I wouldn't bet two creds on it. I say we let the Empire know we have the cylinder but weren't aware of what it was, and turn it over to the Hutt. Let the Agent deal with Bore'pak. We do NOT screw over our original employer, though. We get him his ten crates, and then turn all this back to the Hutt as a favor and an apology, and then sic the agent on the Hutt and hope this is important enough to get the Hutt killed and get Bluebell safe."

Viktor stands up straight. "So. We get paid for our first job, make good with the new enemies we made, and through it all, we get a crystal to dump on the black market, all under their noses. We come out clean, we come out richer. Sound good?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth makes a sigh-like hiss, "I still do not like it. We are not crossing this Bore'pak. We were not hired by him to complete this assignment, the dead meat in the next room was. He failed, and if we space him, the data and the crystal, no one else has to know. If we get rid of all the evidence, Bore'pak will feel crossed and will put out a bounty on the man in the other room that will never get fulfilled. If we go and do this deal with the Hutt, it just means more people will know we were involved, and that information will be more likely to get back to the Imperials. You must realize that if the Imperials do track us we are all dead right? You cannot be so stuid to think that if we tell them we didn't know what it was they will just leave us be and deal with the Hutt, do you? They will come after us, and will make an example out of us. Our best bet is to minimize that by getting rid of any evidence, and that means our guest. I do not like the idea of killing a defenseless man, there is no jagannath in that. But still, he has seen our faces, seen our ship, heard our names. He will spill that information if he thinks it will save his life, or at least end his suffering. "

Saveth's hand unconsciously rests on his pistol holster, "Plus, one does not just do a simple job for a Hutt. You do one job, the Hutt will expect you to do more. Eventually the Hutt will ask you to do something over your head. If you refuse, you die; if you fail, you get a bounty placed on your head," he gives a quick glance to the Chiss, "I am not in the business of dying or having a bounty put on my head; that's an automatic Guild suspension."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Dalessa's short rest is interrupted by Viktor wanting to have a private group meeting. Usually she hated having her sleep interrupted but this situation was special, particularly because involved having her problems possibly lessened.

She closes her eyes while listening to the group give their own opinion on the situation. Dammit, this was just supposed to be a spice run, now there's jedi crystals and mysterious cylinders, that's just too much. Saveth and Viktor both had good points, but in the end...

"Saveth, I agree that Viktor's plan has heavy risks... but I think we should do it anyway. I'm not going to hide that the 'helping save my own skin' part of it influenced my decision a lot, so there it is. Let the drat Hutt have the cylinder if he wants it so much." he glances at the clone trooper. "Trev, I understand that you can't tell us about the info, but is it the kind that the Imperials would be glad to have it disappear if they can't get their hands on it, or is it something they must retrieve at all costs?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

Viktor raises his hands defensively. "Hey, I'm not saying we WORK for the Hutt. We drop our new friend, his ten crates of spice, and his cylinder off to him, and get out of the system. Then, if Intelligence catches up, god forbid, we let them know where it went, and tell 'em the drat thing was too encrypted for us to even get into it, not that we tried; it wasn't ours and was just a complication in the whole mess. We make sure our reputation for being honest, upstanding criminals for our employers sticks with us, because I assure you, Intelligence will likely look into us." He runs a hand through his hair and sighs. "Though really, I hope the agent never comes near us again. Hopefully, our history in the Imperial military will lend us some credibility if it comes to that. But if it's bad enough that they'd disappear us.."

He trails off, letting the silence spell things out. If it was that vital to Imperial security, nothing they did with the cylinder would change things. He looks to Saveth and just shakes his head. "If we dump it, we just look like we know something about the cylinder. And that'll just make things worse. That's why I say we give it to the Hutt, leave, and the instant we can, we let my contact in the Imperial navy know what's up; with luck, Intelligence will take the lead and go after the Hutt and give us a chance to make ourselves scarce. I'd rather be a loose end than a lead, y'know? Loose ends can get cut off and ignored if they're unimportant enough, and I rather we make ourselves seem unimportant. "

O'Mallah shrugs and leans against the wall again. "We're kinda in a lovely situation here. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. But I'm gonna say, beyond a shadow of a doubt, we do not just dump the cylinder, just for the fact if we get caught afterwards. And I only wanna give it to the Hutt to get the Hutt off our back, and to make him useful against the agent. But... man, I really don't know what to do." He hair is a mess now, after having tousled with it so much.

Since we can go in circles ICly about this, let's take an OOC vote, just on the cylinder: do we dump it, or do we turn it over?

I say we turn it over. Who we give it to doesn't matter, but giving it to the Hutt builds our credibility a bit, I say. Like, 'oops, we didn't mean to heist this, here's your man and his package, we got what we needed and we aren't messing with your operation, love peace and chicken grease my chubba.'

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 9, 2015

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Trev

Trev eyes the chiss, he had to be sure not to let this item pollute the crew. Viktor raised good points, but he wanted nothing to do with anything reeking of Force.
"Dalessa, by my investigations I suspect the item contains a list of known traitors to the Empire and a message. I have only recovered partial information from the message but it is clearly from traitors to traitors, which is why we can't have the possession of it. As for your points Viktor: If Intelligence does catch up to us it would be in our interests to not mention knowing anything about the cylinder, just mentioning that the Hutt ordered us to steal Spice and rescue the prisoner & reclaim his items, which included a code cylinder. That way we don't appear too overtly informed on what the cylinder is, where its from or Emperor forbid know what kind of Mil Int it holds." he turns to the trandoshan, whose lizard face would make him an excellent poker player.

"We could, perhaps, deliver the spice to our original client and then just give the prisoner his cylinder back and let him go. Maybe, covertly inform any close by Imperial military that they have an escapee running around with Rebel intelligence on him. That way if he gets back to the Hutt, they won't know we were involved and if the Empire nabs him again we won't be caught with him.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The arguments and discussions over what to do with your discoveries lasts throughout the whole trip to Nal Hutta but you managed to fit in enough time to tend to your wounds, clean and prep your equipment and get some sleep before your ship's navigation system alerts Viktor to an early start as the flight plan is scheduled to end in orbit, just outside transport range of the famous moon, Nar Shaddaa. The Smugglers Moon was famed for its size and influence, built on the backs of its crime families and seedy underworld. If one would ever want to disappear from the galaxy, this would be one of the easiest places to do it. It was also the destination of the arranged trade with Nemro the Hutt, your original contractor, and home to Bore'pak the Hutt. A relatively minor player in the grand scheme of things but you don't get to go around naming yourself 'the Hutt' because of your famous charity work.

A short and simple transmission from your contact with Nemro provides landing coordinates to deliver his cut of the spice shipment. Assuming that plan is still active.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Settling the Nite Owl's guidance system into a landing trajectory with Nemro's landing pad, Viktor eases back on the control systems before bringing it in for a smooth landing. A lot smoother than the last one this ship had to undergo but it seems like the minor battle damage it had taken didn't do too much to hurt it. The long towering structures of Nar Shaddaa surround the small extended landing pad in every direction. It is pretty obvious this is a private facility and the small anti-air defence platform across the end of the extended bridge to the pad certainly does its job to make you feel welcome. Viktor is pretty sure its not a turbolaser battery and the Nite Owl's shields could handle it but no need to be overly cautious. Once the ship has begun to power down its systems and its crew disembark, a truly ragtag bunch of mechanics and mercenaries follow along behind a Weequay attempting his best Imperial Officer impression. Unfortunately dignity and an intimidating presence does not appear to be his strong suit. This is Sheejo, your contact for the operation and direct representative of Nemro as far as you know.

The support team moves quickly to begin inspecting your ship and look to you to see if it is okay to go inside and haul the cargo out but don't really make any sudden moves without your permission. The 4 armed mercenaries adopted relaxed postures behind their boss, weapons holsters or slung over their backs. Sheejo finally steps forward as he realises nothing is going to happen without some kind of polite conversation.

"Viiiiktor. How gracious of you to make it. I was worried when I heard you had Imperials on your tail. I would not want my good friends to suffer any fatal accidents! I assume our little operation went perfectly then since you are here? The great Nemro is excited to hear of your success! His technical team will see to fixing up your ship and unload the cargo while we get some refreshments if you like?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

Stepping off the ship, Viktor is nothing but smiles and bristling energy. "Sheejo, you old dog! I didn't think you'd be out here personally! Man, word travels fast, huh?" He shakes the Weequay's hand and just grins, folding his arms across his chest. "It went pretty well, I'd say. We made out with a better haul than expected, but we got a minor complication. C'mon, over here, away from the muscle." He calmly leads Sheejo away from the mercs, keeping his voice down.

"Now look, we got double the expected amount, and if Nem'ro wants to buy the extra, that's great, but here's the thing: the spice was meant for Bore'pak." He pauses for a moment, before continuing. "Now, the other thing is, we got an extra passenger and he WORKS for Bore'pak, and you know me; I can't just space a guy for having bad luck. But we found out, Bore'pak had a price on his head, and took it off before this guy did this run. So, what I'm thinking that's gonna be beneficial to us all, is Nem'ro somehow, someway, learns of the misfortune that's befallen his fellow Hutt, and in a grand act of benevolence, sells him an extra ten crates he's got lying around for a steal. Bore'pak is indebted to him, Nem'ro gets a free favor out of Bore'pak, and now he's got a bounty out on this guy, and Nem'ro can make back what he made buying our spice and what do you know, Bore'pak is still happy with Nem'ro, and we all come out ahead. Except for our loose end." He looks over to the ship and shrugs.

"I need to run it by Nem'ro, but I think that should be the best way to do this. I don't wanna screw over either Hutt, and I don't particularly wanna be involved with this guy we got; I don't like getting my hands dirty, y'know? So, what say we head on in, get to drinkin', and I slip your boss an idea or two."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Sheejo scratches his chin and ponders for a moment, "Playing hutt games is not good for your life expectancy. I can tell you Nem'ro and Bore'pak are not particularly friendly but to be honest that is fairly standard for the Hutts. I'm sure Nem'ro would be most happy to get double his investment out of you and pay handsomely. Spice is becoming harder to get your hands on. So difficult it is I doubt Nem'ro would sell them off so easily. I would not worry about your safety if that were the case, Nem'ro is quite good at protecting his own you see."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

The smuggler chuckles. "Hey, now, -I'm- not looking to play Hutt games. I'm looking to inspire the Hutt to play them with the spice we sell, and use it to get our prisoner off our hands. We might have a few other things he'd be keen in, but, I'm going to warn you.." He looks around again and leans in, lowering his voice even lower. "They may be too hot. If they are, well, we can give Nem'ro some ammo against his friend, Bore'pak, since Bore's got it out for one of my own, and this stuff is intended for Bore'pak regardless." Viktor grins again, before looking out to Nem'ro's palace. "So let's get this goin', then."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

"Ahh you pirates have no sense of self preservation. Don't come crying to me when this gets you killed."

You are swiftly led as a group into the main facility, it looks like it has recently be transformed from some kind of warehouse and supporting facilities into a large celebratory gathering area. Music blares throughout the facility, attempting to overwhelm the echo of the place with volume. Pirates, dancers, smugglers, scoundrels and sycophants all roam the makeshift hall. Sheejo casually shoves his way through the crowd, rifle butts to the backs of people who aren't smart enough to know their place means the crowd quickly parts to allow to approach the central platform, raised above the rest of the room. At the centre you see the slug himself, surrounded by food and followers, flanked by a pair of hulking gamorreans (though maybe more for show than functionality). Seeing you approach he holds up one of his short meaty arms while shoving some viscus meat into his mouth with the other.

Once you are all clear of the crowd and approaching the platform Sheejo quickly clears his throat and takes a brief bow to Nem'ro, "The Great Nem'ro, I present to you, faithful agents returning to you with success and good news. As well as a proposal for Him."

A glint in Nem'ro's eyes followed by a slimy tongue wiping his mouth clean as he adjusts himself to an upright position gives each of you that small feeling of revolution just as you always do. While your Huttese is probably not as strong as you would like it is passable enough to hear and understand Nem'ros slow and precise tones.

"Well, well. The little smugglers managed to outrun the Imperials then. Ha ha ha. If your cargo is secure and your job a success. Nem'ro will at least hear your simple pleas!"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Saveth

Saveth spends the rest of the voyage trying to avoid his quarters, as ice was forming on the outside door. He instead curls up around one of the power generators in the engine room and gets a little sleep. He quickly wakes after the ship arrives around Nal Hutta. Not wasting time, he gets onto his Guild computer networks and starts looking for any bounties. He divides his time between two lists, one of local bounties; the type where the individual likely isn't going to flee off either Hutta Or Shaddaa. usually don't pay too much, but they're easy bounties. The next list are those that are bigger bounties of folks who have likely fled to Nal Hutta or Nar Shaddaa. That way he could end up talking the others into picking up the bounty and then making the drop off point their next destination.

On the landing pad all Saveth does is look intimidating. He still didn't agree with the course of action, but he would defer to Viktor in these matters; at least until they got Viktor or the others killed. When it comes time for the locals to empty the ship, Saveth makes sure to glare over them at a distance just close enough to make them uncomfortable, but just far enough to remain out of the way.

Saveth follows quietly as they make their way to the Hutt. Saveth would give the Hutts one thing, they kept things nice and humid, the way a Trandoshan likes it. He remains silent, ready to hear what words come of of Viktor now that they were before the Hutt.

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Trev

The former trooper was overseeing the unloading of cargo and briefs the maintenance crew on what he had noticed on the ship during the mission. He was just about to give them a walk around of the ship to point out the impact sites from the Tie fighter chase and give a short version of what the engine units' log when he had been rudely interrupted by Sheejo. He was now concerned the maintenance crew was going to just weld new plates onto of the blast marks and call it good.

Not being one for words he spends his time relaxing and pounding away drinks the waitresses keep pouring him.

"I leave the explanation of this to you guys. I'm going to make sure none of these drinks are spiked."

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

Viktor follows Sheejo with a wary eye cast around him; committing crime in the palace of a Hutt was an incredibly dumb thing to do, but there were some amazingly stupid people out this way in the galaxy. You didn't have to be smart to work with a Hutt, that was for sure. Once he's through the crowd and is addressed by the slug, Viktor grins and throws his arms wide. "Hey, you know how fast the Nite Owl is, and how good a pilot I am! There shouldn't ever have been any doubt, Nem!" Viktor chuckles, snatching a drink from a passing twi'lek, but it's mostly for show and to keep his hand busy.

"You'll be extremely pleased to hear that we doubled the score; there were twenty crates waiting at the dock for us, so we've got you enough spice to choke one of the other, more pitiful Hutts you've got a grudge with." The smuggler grins and puts the shotglass to his lips, feigning a sip. "But, better news is, the spice was meant to be shipped to your friend and mine, Bore'pak the Hutt. With one score, we've crippled the spice trade of one of your measly competitors." He smiles broadly at this, setting the drink down and rubbing his moustache dry.

"So, Sheejo tells me you'd be keen to buy the extra spice, but I had a suggestion for it. You buy it from us, at our assigned rate, and sit on it for a bit. Then, you hear the news, poor Bore'pak is short on spice because all of his was stolen! Oh, poor poor Bore'pak!" Viktor feigns a pout and rubs an imaginary tear from his eye. "So, being the kind and benevolent lord that you are, you let him know you are interested in aiding him recover, and offer him ten of your crates for how much you paid us for twenty. Or hell, thirty. Let him know you're giving him a deal on it, and not only will you make your money back, you'll make him look weak and stupid, and you can lord a favor over his head."

"But, even if that's not a thing you're interested in, you may be interested to know we picked up one of his men alongside the shipment, a man that we found had a price on his head not too long back. Now, I'm pretty sure, he screws up? Bore'pak is gonna wanna put a bigger price on his head. It wasn't a huge one before, 1,500 credits or, but if he messes up again? Well, it's apt to be a fair bit bigger, since Bore'pak PULLED that bounty, I'm assuming to let him run the spice and save his own hide." He shrugs his shoulders. "Now, you know me, I won't space a guy for havin' bad luck, and I won't get my hands dirty myself, but I'm thinking you could take him into your care, get some info from him, and when that bounty goes up, sell him for a profit. Yet another good deed for Bore'pak to make him look like an idiot."

"And I've got one more thing I wanna sell you on, but I'd rather speak about it a bit more privately. It's a bit hotter than the other stuff, but it's another thing meant to go to Bore'pak, so you might want it just on the basis of loving him over." Viktor grins. He wasn't sure how the Hutt was going to take all this, but he knew the slugs liked to jab each other and ruin each other's businesses as much as possible, and he figured, what's worse than being a Hutt having another Hutt help you out? He honestly couldn't think of much.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

There is a palpable silence for what seems like hours before the hutt finally twitches his eye and strokes one of his chins with a heartly laugh, "You...you are my kind of scum." He signals for one of the slaves to activate the repulser lifts on his thrown as he is quickly transported away from the celebrations with one of the others motioning for your group to follow. The party snaps back to its previous flurry of activity as if nothing had happened and the crowd quickly collapses in behind you as you move on. Sheejo gives you one concerned 'I hope you know what you're doing' look before moving off with his security team.

In the hutt's private chambers the security seems a lot more alert, blaster rifles and heavy armour abounds with a certain degree of tension in the air. The Hutt addresses you directly this time, cutting any pretence of formality.

"You are very lucky you dropped into this now and not a few months prior. I liked Bore'pak but myself and the other Cartel family members are disgusted with his pitiful tithes and unnecessary actions towards the Empire. We had worked very hard to form some level of stability with them you see. If he was seeking profit that would be one thing I could live with but his actions have become more and more erratic lately. Re-leaving him of his spice burden would surely be a blessing on his fragile state. Since you have so generously volunteered your resources to me, I pay what I owe. Double the spice, double the standard fee and for this smuggler. What say I pay his bounty out hmm? Maybe a little more on top. 2500 credits sounds reasonable. What about this, special item then?"

kingcom fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 11, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

The smuggler hesitates. He knows what the item means, at least to some degree, and he knows that if Nem'ro is wanting to belly up to the Imperials, this might not be an item for him, at least in a direct manner. Viktor sighs, running a hand through his hair as he gathers his thoughts. It takes him a moment before he finally speaks, slowly and methodically. "You've kinda given me a no-sale on it from the sounds of things so far, Nem'ro, but I'll tell you this: I can make sure it gets back into Bore'pak's hands so you can let the Empire know he has it, if it's something you don't want in your court." He looks to his crewmates, specifically Trev, before continuing. "It's an encoded cylinder. We don't know what's on it, and we don't want to hang on to it, because It's important enough the Empire sent an Intelligence agent after us." He pauses, adjusting his jacket. "But you're a neutral party, and if you say you got it from the bounty you're going to turn in and didn't try to crack it, offered it back to the Empire, they might react more favorably to you than they would us. Hell, if it's vital intelligence, they might even reward a Hutt who's going out of his way to do what's best for the Empire." Viktor grins very slightly at this. "Whereas if WE did it, I think you'd be losing a very good employee."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The Hutt finally placing the pieces together smiles greedily, like a child discovering a hidden stash of candy. The smile envelopes his face before he learns forward, "So, you want me to protect you from the Empire. Ahhhh now it all makes sense. You feel they be after you for some reason and you want me to fend them off for you hmm?" He leans backwards bellowing forth a slow laugh before eyeing Viktor down, "Protection. That, may cost you. You give me this code cylinder and you will owe me a job. I think thats fair for keeping back the Galactic Empire. "

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

The smuggler's face falls flat as Nem'ro decides to take the deal in his own direction. For a moment, Viktor looks annoyed. "Look. I like you, Nem'ro. You're my kinda scum, too. But this is a lot bigger than you think it is. We'll take the deal, because it's a hoot workin' for you, and you can use it to make good with the Empire or gently caress over Bore'pak, whatever you like. But I want you to know what you're getting into. This isn't some small bullshit like the plans to a spaceship or anything. It's treasonous goods."

Viktor looks to Trev and extends his hand in a 'go ahead' gesture. "Tell our boss a bit about what you found, Trev. I don't believe in sellin' to someone blind, and I don't think he wants any surprises."

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
Trev

Trev sighs as he had tried to protect the crew from the subversive element that is jedi space magic. He unpockets his slicing gear and forces the cylinder replay its message. The only saving grace in the situation is that Hutts claim to be impervious to the jedi hockus pockus

Kingcom, if you could link the audiofile.

Sormus fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Mar 11, 2015

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

https://soundcloud.com/kingcom/final-message/s-cFtp7

The Hutt goes silent as the audio recording plays. Staring with some mess of emotions you would hazard a guess at concern more than anything else. Finally after a few awkward glances and nervous shuffling, Nem'ro gives you a reply. "The deal is the same. Give me the code cylinder."

kingcom fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 12, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Viktor

Viktor nods, taking the cylinder from Trev and holding it out to Sheejo so he can pass it up to the Hutt. "Yeah... I'm not comfortable with it either, Nem. But I wasn't going to give you something akin to a timebomb without warning the clock was running and giving you a good idea on the time." He pauses, looking to Trev. "And to be honest, this is the first time I've actually seen it; I just had a hunch it was linked to the Jedi form how Trev was acting and the clues he was dropping. But, poo poo, they sent an Imperial agent after it; it was going to be big no matter what." The smuggler looks back up to Nem'ro. "But hey, if you got our back on this, we got yours. In for a credit, in for the whole chip. We'll get the ship unloaded and get to spending our credits here on Hutta. You just give us the word"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dalessa
Sheet

Dalessa is understandably cautious and a bit over-paranoid about going to a place with lots of hutts. She keeps quiet but glancing around as Viktor negotiates with the slug, but focuses when they start talking about Bore'pak. Figuring out that the pilot forgot about her problem she talks to the Hutt too, starting with an awkward cough. "If you pardon my interruption, Great Nem'ro the Hutt. I was on Nal Hutta once, and there I had a great misunderstanding with Bore'pak himself, which resulted in an unfortunate bounty being placed on my head. Considering how much you are gaining with the success of the mission that I participated, perhaps you could leverage your influence a little in getting rid of this bounty? I guarantee I'm perfectly innocent on the accusations, if that worries you in any way."

frajaq fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 13, 2015

• Locked thread