Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
I like Crest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Modern Day Hercules posted:

There's basically always been cinnamon flavored toothpastes for that kind of person.

Haruharuharuko posted:

Cherry and bubblegum flavor have existed since at least I've been a kid.
I remember a few years ago hearing a radio ad for some toothpaste and the big selling point for it was that it wasn't mint flavoured. I don't think they even said what flavour it was. I saw it in the supermarket one time, and I had planned to buy some, but it had completely vanished - never to return - by the time I needed more toothpaste. That is the only time I have ever seen non-mint toothpaste.

Of course, you can always just use baking soda and water.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
When I was a kid they had root beer flavored toothpaste, which is still a thing as far as I'm aware. Root beer itself is not a thing here, so when I first had it as an adult, all I could taste was children's toothpaste. That's the story of why I don't like root beer, hope you enjoyed.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Kajeesus posted:

When I was a kid they had root beer flavored toothpaste, which is still a thing as far as I'm aware. Root beer itself is not a thing here, so when I first had it as an adult, all I could taste was children's toothpaste. That's the story of why I don't like root beer, hope you enjoyed.

What third world hell hole do you live in where you can't enjoy root beer?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

New Leaf posted:

What third world hell hole do you live in where you can't enjoy root beer?

Literally anywhere but America.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I like Crelm

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Tiggum posted:

Literally anywhere but America.

:thejoke:

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Tiggum posted:

I remember a few years ago hearing a radio ad for some toothpaste and the big selling point for it was that it wasn't mint flavoured. I don't think they even said what flavour it was. I saw it in the supermarket one time, and I had planned to buy some, but it had completely vanished - never to return - by the time I needed more toothpaste. That is the only time I have ever seen non-mint toothpaste.
Crest sells lime-mint, vanilla-mint, and chocolate-mint toothpaste in the States, just right there on the shelf next to all the other toothpaste. I miss the citrus stuff, too, but chocolate-mint is a fair substitute.

There's a Japanese company (natch) that sells slim tubes of toothpaste and single-serve cups of mouthwash in lots of unique flavors, including curry and salt. Over the years, I think I picked up Tsugaru apple (richly flavored), Japanese plum, and dark chocolate toothpaste. They're all right. Lush, at least in the UK, used to sell vanilla-salt and blackcurrant-charcoal toothpastes. They are also just all right, if you don't want or need the fresh breath that's a side effect of brushing your teeth (or if you're scared of fluoride).

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Tom's makes fennel flavor!

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

the Buttocks! posted:

If you're not rockin with the Red Elvises then you're not rockin.

edit: holy moley that's an ugly website.

To bad the band broke up, just Igor and some extras now.

Content:

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

Since this thread is now just about toothpaste preferences, I use Prevident 5000 (spearmint) and Close-up. Its red flavored.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

This thread is not about toothpaste preferences, jesus christ

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

PYF Funny Pictures: Just Brush Your Teeth With Piss

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Alpaca looks like loving Cosmo Kramer

Literally Esoteric
Jun 13, 2012

One final, furious struggle...then a howl of victory

Holy poo poo I never knew the original was a video from some show. Now I have to watch everything they've ever done.

Yes yes yes yes yes

HIGHEST PAID WEDDING BAND IN THE KAMCHATKA PENINSULA!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRB5q-APOSU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

You can't fool us that easily John.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

This is what men like right????

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Wait, the photoshop ISN'T her Kim Jong-un haircut?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

That guy has a great rack.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

Didn't realise Luke Goss had such a crackin' set of top bollocks. Fair play mate.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I get it. It's funny because Travolta has no shadow on the wall.

dobbymoodge
Mar 8, 2005

Paladinus posted:

I get it. It's funny because Travolta has no shadow on the wall.

Woah. I didn't know Travolta was Romanian.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Like 90% of baking a drat cake is mixing the dough, unless you're using shake&bake crap. Which I guess Hollywood is. But still, a cake without frosting is still great, whereas I've never even seen a full movie without actors.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Like 90% of the appeal of a cake is its presentation.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Travolta looks like a cartoon character peeking from behind a tree.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

BonHair posted:

Like 90% of baking a drat cake is mixing the dough, unless you're using shake&bake crap. Which I guess Hollywood is. But still, a cake without frosting is still great, whereas I've never even seen a full movie without actors.

A documentary.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Dan Didio posted:

A documentary.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and classify the narrator as a type of actor. But I guess that makes sense otherwise.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Dan Didio posted:

A documentary.

I was gonna say Koyaanisqatsi.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker

davebo posted:

I was gonna say Koyaanisqatsi.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

BonHair posted:

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and classify the narrator as a type of actor. But I guess that makes sense otherwise.

What about when the narrator is the expert who actually is an expert on the topic/compiled the information and is presenting it? Are teachers actors?

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Huntersoninski posted:

What about when the narrator is the expert who actually is an expert on the topic/compiled the information and is presenting it? Are teachers actors?

Same as when an actor directs and/or writes. She can be both.

Mildly funny picture to justify derail:

BonHair has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Feb 24, 2015

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

BonHair posted:

I disagree. Acting is pretending; presenting information is not. Not all performance is acting.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

It's rather obvious but in case you don't know portuguese ... "Banho de cu" is "rear end shower"

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

I keep looking at this and thinking that's Crow T Robot from MST3K in the lower left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

BonHair posted:

Mildly funny picture to justify derail:

I saw this sign at the PF near me when I was a member so it's not uncommon either.

• Locked thread