Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

wow this sure is a huge collection of whiny white dudes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Mandatory moment in a classic video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA&t=460s

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Racism is simply a distraction to keep us all from ganging up on the rich.

Ancient Mariner
Jan 14, 2015

by Lowtax
I like black people

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Will they congratulate to them if they live beyond their teenage years?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
you can definitely say black people but whether or not it is racist depends on whether or not you are racist and whether or not you attach racist things to the statement

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
I like black people... in bed!

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

thathonkey posted:

you can definitely say black people but whether or not it is racist depends on whether or not you are racist and whether or not you attach racist things to the statement

What if you are a racist black person saying black people?

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I like black people... in bed!

Specific ones, or any/all?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

This should be the gbs equivalent of 'I'm gay' for black people month.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

im blarg

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
lifehack for whites: you can sey the n word to your black gf if u clear it w/ her first.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

TheMostFrench posted:

This should be the gbs equivalent of 'I'm gay' for black people month.

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ArtIsResistance posted:

only if you're polish or have the express written consent of a polish person

jk white people are immune to offense because we're superior

But Poles aren't white?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Around Polacks Don't Relax

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004
i called a black guy friend of the family once. it went over better than youd expect

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
what would happen if i yelled the n word in a black neighborhood?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Wootman posted:

what would happen if i yelled the n word in a black neighborhood?

Samuel L. Jackson will have your back.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
rest of the world says black, americans are retarded when it comes to skin colour

JohnGalt
Aug 7, 2012
One of the good ones

Nuage
Jan 21, 2005

Moosechees posted:

The only people offended by "black people" are scared white people looking for reasons to get offended.

If you say it and an actual black person is offended, you probably used it in a sentence like "wow black people sure do like watermelon and hot sauce lol niggers"

I think this is 100% on the money. All black people I've ever known have really hated being called coloured, and prefer just being called "black" plain and simple. If it's being used as a term of abuse, or to single someone out in a malicious way, that's different. But you could say the same thing about the term "white people". or "*anything* people".

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
ppl should use the word black about a person only when describing what they look like anyway

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Under the vegetable posted:

Can I still say "Jew"?

the correct term is congressman!

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dyna Soar posted:

ppl should use the word black about a person only when describing what they look like anyway

but theyre brown except for those super black ones from africa. some of those guys are so black they look blue!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Orkin Mang posted:

but theyre brown except for those super black ones from africa. some of those guys are so black they look blue!

very perceptive of you

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
the way words become unacceptable slurs is p. interesting because it's a never ending trendmill that accomplishes nothing. like, retarded was adopted by the medical community because it was seen as a nicer way to refer to people who's mental development has been slowed down than invalids or cripples or whatever. Then it gets adopted as a perjorative so they quickly stop using that and begin describing it as autism, which has now similarly become stigmatized as a slur.

black people had a good run but it's now got too many uncomfortable connotations so instead we're just going to go back to calling them "colored people" with the syntax reversed. this is a good project which will meaningfully change things.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
i think its pretty cool to call a load of people who have never been to africa african rather than american which is there home and country

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
pro tier ironic racism slam

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
well african american is mean to describe someones cultural heritage much like cajun or similar i guess? at least that's how i understand it, which makes actually describing someone african american based on their skin colour misleading

some african americans to me look p. drat white, but since they've been raised to identify themselves as african american they can't be white

but what do i know, i'm not american

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
Why do they have to be African Americans?
Do they have duel citizenship with Nigeria or Lesotho or something?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Mr. Popo posted:

Why do they have to be African Americans?
Do they have duel citizenship with Nigeria or Lesotho or something?

i think it's pretty apparent where the term comes from, don't you?

same as creole, mestizo, pardo and so on. americans just decided to single out those descended from ex-slaves.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Feb 16, 2015

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
African American is a racist term

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Zzulu posted:

African American is a racist term

african americans or w/e need to come up with a pc term for their culture so ppl can start referring to them with a unique name, like cajun for example.

black is kind of stupid since it doesn't really translate to other languages well and also all black ppl aren't of the same culture

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
So there's a United Negro College Fund and now there's a United Hispanic College Fund... WHERE'S THE WHITE MAN'S COLLEGE FUND OBAMA!?? :argh:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It's funny when awkward people are trying to describe a black person but go through great lengths to not just say that theyre black. Op is one of these people it seems

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ebony people

Obsidian people

Stygian people

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Stygian people

i guess im cimmerian

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Are white people British-American?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

burritolingus posted:

Are white people British-American?

there is no such thing as a british person

lol go ask a scotsman if he's british

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
all whites in america should be Euro-Americans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Zzulu posted:

all whites in america should be Euro-Americans

they're already called white, and then broken down to irish american and so on. black ppl are all just black, which admittedly is pretty useless.

also it seems to me that nowadays white americans are very much stereotypified (is that a word?) the same way as latinos or black ppl

• Locked thread