Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I am not Wheeljack.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

Hi Kat, I'm glad you're playing mafia again :)

*adjusts counters on his abacus*

toml and kat confirmed scum

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

black_tangled posted:

I hope posting radical transformers gifs isn't considered flavour text posting. That would make me sad.

Why would celebrating the glory of our noble leader Optimus Prime be regarded as a negative thing, fellow Autobot?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Anidav posted:

There's nothing wrong with being himself, by the allspark that is just his programming.

Exactly!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

:shrug:

##vote anidav

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Anidav posted:

I can fly, let me fly.

Swoop?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

As I've always said, I'll vote for whoever on Day 1.

##unvote

##vote SKY COQ

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Once again, I really wish people would stop being like MAN, THAT MILKY CHARACTER, NOT SAYING MUCH, HMMMMM?

It's Day 1. We all have nothing to contribute beyond bandwagoning Coq or Anidav. I've placed my vote. Stop pretending there's any room for actual analysis at this point.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

##unvote

ok mills here it is. anidav is just a bad town player. is it a bad thing to want him off?

coq is a good town player, but he's playing terrible this afternoon.

which is the better risk when i think they're both town?

Both of them painted targets on their backs, too, as they attempted to get out of being lynched implying/claiming that they had roles we wouldn't want to lose. Earnest town or manipulative scum?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Matthew Beet posted:

anyone else

well yeah exactly. they're both equally appealing and unappealing targets.

do you think one is worse off? would you risk coq as a town and be stuck with anidav as a town? or vice a versa?

7 miuntes.

I don't know. I think that the survivor would be lynched tomorrow anyway. That is, providing they survive the night.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Alright, so, who protected Tirade?

##vote Tirade

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Tirade posted:

You got a reason for this post?

I tried to do a town power role thing to you. I was either blocked (lucky chance) or you were protected by someone (strangely convenient).

Just seems odd that you'd be protected by someone given that you weren't one of the people who claimed a power role yesterday!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:laugh:

The two night kills may have been due to a town-aligned power being used unwittingly against a townie.

That didn't happen.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Kat Delacour posted:

Further feelings.

TOML at the end of D1 could be seen as trying to block the lynch, but I think instead it was trying to follow the advice of a very insistent and persuasive Millspicion. He has done some good effort posting this morning but only to reassert Mills' Coq hunt and throw some shade at Bif.
SK I feel okay about. I think they are participating reasonably and expressing their concerned Town Vanilla-ness.

Milky:

That didn't happen.

What's this about?
[/quote]

Consider it an incredibly accurate hunch.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Freudian Slip posted:

We seem to be going around in circles Bif.

I didn't lay low last night. I voted for Anidav because at that point there was only white noise and Anidav starting to melt down. I knew I was going out in the evening and wanted to vote before I left. I was happy with the vote then and thought the vote would be over quickly. I didn't get back home till after hammer and was surprised by the amount of posting.

Today I have had more to go beyond the white noise of yesterday. I have been fairly strident that we shouldn't lynch Coq today because of the role claim he has made. I have also shown that a poo poo town of people have him as their prime suspect. If he makes it tomorrow, he will have to clarify his role and then we can see whether someone contests his role. In the meantime, we should focus on finding someone else.

In terms of Mills, yes Mills did vote for me and I said that the whole mafia team would have to be noobs to kill him because they were scared that Mills was on to them. Mills himself talks about the fact that he usually has a good idea who is scum by day 2. I think the scum decided not to give him the chance. This is just a theory though.

As for Mith, I believe TOML's theory now is the best as Mith would have been using her power to watch someone. If they were a paranoid gun owner - that would explain how she was killed. I no longer think bussing was involved - at the time I was trying to link Milky's Tirade post with Mith's death.

ie. Milky tries to kill Tirade, but Tirade and Mith were Bussed so he killed Mith instead and wonders why Tirade was still alive.

The only thing that makes me question the paranoid gun owner theory is that Milky is fairly adamant that Mith was not killed by a townie power.

Tirade was not bused.

I have already said that Tirade was either protected or I was blocked, jailed, whatever.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Freudian Slip posted:

Yeah, that's what I figured. The bussing idea was just spit balling theories how the information we had could fit together.

I much prefer TOML's theory now of a paranoid gun owner. Is there anything that would disprove that theory?

It's a very rare and powerful role for the town.

I think we have two scum teams.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I'll have to vote shortly due to gym such.

##unvote

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Yeah, for now, I'm going this way. May change my vote if I'm back in time and there's some better ideas.

##vote Freudian Slip

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

##unvote

fine, gotta swap to someone i guess. i'm most suss on bbq after these posts but i'm not going to let a no-lynch happen either.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

At work, so, phone posting but I'm looking at dj_bbq or Freudian based off yesterday's debate.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Hi, I'm town and I don't want to give out any further information pertaining to my role. I would suggest that people be very careful about, like last game, trying to run a lynch on me because I'm 'too dangerous'.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

black_tangled posted:

OK, speculating on the number of teams is not helpful, I will stop :)

Really? DJ BBQ seemed like a clear "we got nothing better" situation and Bif started the ball on FS just to spark a discussion and then instantly retracted it.

Argh, I have no time to post this morning and going into a lunch meeting now.

We keep swapping off people and hitting townies, right? Wonder why that is.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh I agree fully that he's scum, but I think he's useless scum. He's trying to stall and give the others time and let them throw him under the bus.

Scum is scum.

##vote dj_bbq

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I mean

##unvote

##vote dj-bbq

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Freudian Slip posted:

I am still curious about Milky

What made dj-bbq a suspect to you when he has posted a similar way to you (except without the power claim)?

Maybe it's that exact reason?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

TOML, I'm pretty sure I mentioned two possibilities as to why my action failed. Extrapolate from those and you can determine what happened to my action. If Tirade was bussed, I would have gotten a different result on my action.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

Right! Thanks for clearing that up.

For our next trick, I'll now mention that you should be able to figure out my role, too.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

If Bif is scum I'm going to go mental because she's been scum in like every game I've played and, man, the odds on that!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

##unvote

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Other things I'm curious to have aired this afternoon - will anyone actually read all the way through TOML's wall of text?

Yes.

Planning on reading through it again when I get home.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

We've swung and missed twice with our lynching is there any one person who made compelling arguments towards both lynchings?

I am becoming awfully suspicious of you.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Well, this is a fair bit to digest. Let me ruminate.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

If bif and beet were scum in cahoots this would be a pretty good smokescreen.

Not really, because setting each other up so the death of one exonerates the other is a pretty typical scum play.

With how the numbers are stacking up fairly evenly, I'm going to suppose that there are scum involved with the votes as they currently stand, but that it's unlikely for them all to have voted on the same person.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

Milky. Any chance you can, in the next ten minutes or so, indicate who you're intending to vote for?

I am, in all honesty, leaning towards Bif, although I'm not going to put my vote down just yet. Bif's behaviour reminds me of her scum play, however, part of me can't believe that she's scum again. Of course, if these roles weren't randomly assigned, then Gaspy might've done that to throw people. In the end, it's not something I can prove either way.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

If they're scum I don't think they're trying to throw eachother under a bus. I think they're hoping to lead us to a confused town that votes for no one. No lynching. More night kills.

It seems like an obvious thing to mention, but for people who have been useful and had good theories about multiple people. It seems weird that they haven't been killed. If they're not scum, then we may need to consider anyone they haven't suspected.

It's not weird that they haven't been killed. If they're suspected people who are scum, and get killed, then it becomes another argument against those suspects. Of course, they could be killed to do just the opposite - the whole wine in front of me idea.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm too dumb to know what to actually look for. But barbecue is too quiet. Now I realise they're known for this but they keep on springing up only when directly challenged and offering little in the way of insight or scumhunting.

I'm not offering much either, but bbq's meant to be an experienced player.

For all I know they're a roleblocker and just quiet and stoic and good at their job.

I'm just not sure what else to go with.

I don't know why, but this sticks out to me like a sore thumb.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Yeah, I've locking in on Bif. I'm also suspicious of DJ-BBQ and Gwyn. Something about TOML seems off but I can't quite figure out what it is - mainly, I'm not throwing out the idea of weird scum plays given the sheer amount of casualties the town has suffered over the past few nights. I think, at this point, the scum can afford to be a bit theatrical.

If we have any more investigators, I hope they're clearing people. If we have any Doctors left, I hope they're protecting the right people.

Given the sheer number of town deaths at night, I'm not going to discount the idea of two sets of scum either. There's too many deaths otherwise and I doubt the scum would blow their one-shot powers on the first couple of nights, or have the ability to kill multiple people on each night in general.

##vote Bifauxnen

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

oh my loving god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

I'm just going to say I'm pretty sure TOML is town now but if this doesn't work, it's going to look really bad.

• Locked thread