Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug
In!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Mills posted:

The best way to congratulate Anidav for his achievement in the last game is to turbo-lynch him D1 in this game.

How many of the early auspol mafia games where you turbo'd on d1?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

I am pat benetar and love is a battlefield.

I'd give you a pat benetartar but I'm respecting the demon.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Tirade posted:

I'd give you a pat benetartar but I'm respecting the demon.

First time anyone's respected the demons in decades.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

Why would celebrating the glory of our noble leader Optimus Prime be regarded as a negative thing, fellow Autobot?

##vote Milky Moor

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

You need to turn on your pms so that Bif can invite you to the scumdoc.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

Hi! I'm the Cumburglar. I like posting about burgers (I don't know what a beetroot is!), posting in chat threads, and being a relaxed dude. I have fun playing with friends on the internet.

I'm happy to be here! :D

##unvote

##vote Old Dirty Cumburgs

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Seriouschat though I'm in no hurry to lynch - as it stands now we've got no real info to go on tomorrow if anidav flips town. The run on him has moved surprisingly fast and for no reason other than he squeals loud when under pressure. It's got me suspicious.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Unvote and repent and I might actually be helpful for you guys on a day that isn't numbered 1.

Is this a role claim?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mills posted:

I think he's scum. :shrug:

Can you explain why?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mills posted:

I think his threats sound fake. Like it will be our MAJOR LOSS for him to be voted out.

How do you feel about him?

I don't know to be honest. In the last transformers game game gaspy actually made him a cop pretty much as a gag because it was almost certain he was getting d1 lynched, and that's exactly what happened. He flipped out in much the same way that time too. I was scum that game and used the "gently caress off, you horrible player" as an excuse to join the dogpile.

I'm a firm believer in the fact that day one lynches are 99% chance, so I think anidav has maybe a 20-25% chance of being scum. I'm hesitant to vote for him because without any alternatives or counter proposals we'll have learned nothing from the day and may as well have dropped the hammer at 9:15 this morning.

One other thing - Anidav if you flip vanilla town I won't ever come in to bat for you again.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mills posted:

Having decided I don't like this train on Anidav very much afterall, I have mostly arbitrarily chosen this vote as a lazy vote on Anidav. Typically scum want to fit in, but they don't like to say a lot for fear of not fitting in, so this short and sweet post from FS is a good example of what a scum might post to keep the train rolling on Anidav.

##vote FS

I urge others to do their own digging in a similar vein, rather than blindly following me onto FS.

You'll need to spell it out, mafia expert.

If I had to choose, I'd vote for Beet, Kat or Milky. Beet because contrary to every other d1 he's not flinging poo poo everywhere like a monkey on crystal meth. He's content to turbo anidav which differs from the last few games. Kat or Milky for lazy dogpiles on the anidav train in the sweet spot of 4 or 5 votes in.

With that,

##unvote

##vote Matthew Beet

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

Huh, so where's that good posting you did last game? You seem very :shrug: for a town.

loving hell dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOdkcM-yR3M

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Matthew Beet posted:

Good post, this is how you do it.

Except you missed the part where i had just attacked coq, Or maybe you didn't miss that.

At least coq hasn't jumped on that band wa....

Oh..

:v:

Don't get precious, your vote hasn't moved from anidav. If you honestly think mine and coqs vote is a scum move as opposed to a decent d1 guess then move your vote accordingly.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Mills posted:

Oh yeah it's already 7pm. I'll go Coq instead of FS. Don't like the way he jumps around.

##vote Coq

That's the second time you've coqed up voting. Aren't you supposed to be a mafia pro?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##unvote

Well gently caress. Can't say I'm too suss on coq either. My gut feeling is that they're both town, and coq is a better player than anidav. But we gotta lynch. I'm at trivia so need to put my phone away but I'll be back to help with the lynch just before 9pm if the hammer hasn't dropped.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote Anidav

I'll switch to coq if needed at the end, but of the two anidav is the more annoying poster.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
loving hell, non-voters get your rear end into gear.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

Alright, so, who protected Tirade?

##vote Tirade

You got a reason for this post?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

I tried to do a town power role thing to you. I was either blocked (lucky chance) or you were protected by someone (strangely convenient).

Just seems odd that you'd be protected by someone given that you weren't one of the people who claimed a power role yesterday!

I think I know what happened, and I'm now pretty confident you're not scum. But use it elsewhere, doofus.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Splode posted:

Ok what is with the role claiming in this game? Also milky I'm sure it wasn't your intention but this looks like you're encouraging more role claims.

Role claiming is a bad idea guys, can we not?

And yeah, no one claim doctor or protector or whatever. We cool.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

dj-bbq posted:

This is my excuse for my absence yesterday arvo / night, work got sick nasty, plus I'm a cold, logical kind of guy, and need some datas before jumping on the :bandwagon:

Always be voting.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Quiet players - hiddenmovement, gwynplaine, dj-bbq - speak up. What are your thoughts about yesterday? Who are you suss on?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Gwynplaine posted:

It's not being a jerk if someones absolutely right. I'll be involved, but I need to be less eager.

Nah you totally don't. Speaking up and being wrong is fine, so long as you can justify your actions. Keeping quiet, particularly from d2 onward, is a really scum play - it stops people being able to catch you in a lie or a slip-up. Put your thoughts out there, post who you're suss on.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Also rule #1 of mafia, beyond any tips about how to be a good townie etc, is don't take mafia seriously or personally. Which, incidentally, anidav clearly hasn't learned yet.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Here's my take on yesterday.

Up until the end I was not convinced that either anidav or coq were scum, and I'm still not too suss on coq.

The buildup was way too fast on anidav, and then the votes switched way too easily to coq. It's hard to avoid throwing a scum under the bus on d1 if there's no other alternative (rip me last game). But Anidav's massive flameout, yet again, meant that it would have been easy enough holding a vote on him on the grounds of him being a poo poo townie. Instead we saw coq get brought from nowhere right up to one or two votes from being hammered in what, half an hour? Unless we had almost all town convinced that coq was the better vote, it means at least some scum flipped off anidav the townie to coq the scum, which is incredibly risky when lynching Anidav was easy enough to do.

My guess is that half an hour from hammer, scum couldn't have believed their luck. It was lynch anidav, lynch coq, or lynch no-one and have the same shitfight over again on d2.

The only thing that throws this theory into doubt is the quiet people piling on to anidav at the end, which is why I've asked them to get more vocal.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Sorry for lack of posts - I'm at the cricket and the Vodafone network has completely shat itself. It's taken me over an hour to post this.

Hopefully it will sort itself out soon. Hold off on the hammer drop until later on tonight, ok?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Sorry for lack of posts - I'm at the cricket and the Vodafone network has completely shat itself. It's taken me over an hour to post this.

Hopefully it will sort itself out soon. Hold off on the hammer drop until later on tonight, ok?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Motherfuck. Close to zero network data all afternoon. No chance to properly look at posts but I'll help on either djbbq or wfd.

Voting for bbq right now cause ive had a slightly higher feeling of suspicion on him but will flip if needed.

##vote dj-bbq

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
##vote dj-bbq

I think FS is likely clean but will need to properly re-read yesterday's posts.

Hell, given coq's town flip I'll probably need to start reading the thread again from scratch.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Sensational post TOML. I'll give my thoughts after work tonight but I'm broadly in agreement.

For now, ##unvote

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
On reflection I'm not sold. It seems all too neat, the one-two from toml and beets has me on edge.

Bif, you've voted for three people so far today which doesn't make for much of a counter narrative. Who would you put on the top of your suss list out of those three, and why?

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
To start with, apologies for the low post rate, work is busy and has also banned SA which doesn't make for useful posting. I've caught up with TOML's effort post and Beets as well. Actually understanding what the hell it all means is another issue - there's a lot of poo poo to digest. My main thought is that with beet and toml going up against bif, this is the first time we've had two groups actually throwing poo poo at one another rather than two options for group lynching near the end of the day - probably a good thing for scum-hunting as we can deduce that it's either two groups of townies or town vs scum but probably not two lots of scum.

So, toml posted a shitload, but how valuable is it? It really seemed to be a fairly ironclad indictment of bif when I first read it on my phone. But actually, he's taken a lot of liberties interpreting motive that's not drawn out if you look at the actual posts. Bif posts on d1 something that slows the lynch on anidav and that's treated as a scum move, yet others (e.g. me) slow it and it's a point in our favour.

I don't have time to go through and fact check toml's fact checking but there's other points that stick out. For instance, all of toml's points about bif being suss are kind of a stretch. "Bif seems antagonistic" - in a mafia game? A real loving surprise there. He ends up picking beet as town despite him playing the same ineffectual game as bif and adding zero to the team. A good play by throwing SK on the scum list too, without any good arguments for it. I've argued for dj-bbq but now I'm not so sure, given that he's now on toml's poo poo list which I have less and less faith in. I reckon for tonight I'll side with bif, if things somehow don't pan out I'll re-evaluate tomorrow. And dj, you can thank me later.

##vote Those On My Left

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Brilliant.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
gently caress, this screws my cunning plan. I'll repost it anyway, 2 secs.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
Keep in mind that I was going to let this run until 8:30ish then post, but here goes.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
If my bigger post earlier sucked it's because I didn't have much time to write it and wanted to put in a not very subtle message in it. I was planning to effort post on bif being scum once I got home this arvo but both toml and beet got in first. I figured, rather than waste the rest of the evening, let's see if we can't get an alternative option for some scum to come join in on?

So I wrote this horrible and not very convincing post that hopefully hasn't caught out anyone thinking critically about this game, but contained a SUPER SEKRET CODE so I can absolve myself of its horrible logic later on (first letter of second word in sentence):

quote:

To start with, apologies for the low post rate, work is busy and has also banned SA which doesn't make for useful posting. I've caught up with TOML's effort post and Beets as well. Actually understanding what the hell it all means is another issue - there's a lot of poo poo to digest. My main thought is that with beet and toml going up against bif, this is the first time we've had two groups actually throwing poo poo at one another rather than two options for group lynching near the end of the day - probably a good thing for scum-hunting as we can deduce that it's either two groups of townies or town vs scum but probably not two lots of scum.

So, toml posted a shitload, but how valuable is it? It really seemed to be a fairly ironclad indictment of bif when I first read it on my phone. But actually, he's taken a lot of liberties interpreting motive that's not drawn out if you look at the actual posts. Bif posts on d1 something that slows the lynch on anidav and that's treated as a scum move, yet others (e.g. me) slow it and it's a point in our favour.

I don't have time to go through and fact check toml's fact checking but there's other points that stick out. For instance, all of toml's points about bif being suss are kind of a stretch. "Bif seems antagonistic" - in a mafia game? A real loving surprise there. He ends up picking beet as town despite him playing the same ineffectual game as bif and adding zero to the team. A good play by throwing SK on the scum list too, without any good arguments for it. I've argued for dj-bbq but now I'm not so sure, given that he's now on toml's poo poo list which I have less and less faith in. I reckon for tonight I'll side with bif, if things somehow don't pan out I'll re-evaluate tomorrow. And dj, you can thank me later.

##vote Those On My Left

i.e. scum trap disregard

Bif you can get knotted, scum.

##unvote

##vote Bifauxnen

Hopefully most if not all the people who have joined the TOML wagon can be put in the scum camp.

A few other points that go against bif.
1) The "scum but useless scum" has always and continues to be a really dumb argument.
2) TOML was dead on in that in the last game bif reacted almost exactly the same way when gaspy effortposted against her.

TOML I've got a few suggested changes to your scum / town list but I reckon it's about 80% there.

Least scum: Milky Moor, TOML, Beet, probably Splode, probably FS
Most scum: bif, gwynplaine, probably SK, probably dj-bbq.
Unsure: black_tangled, hiddenmovement

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
loving hell. Explain what needs to be done for the least amount of people to die.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug
How do lynchbombs work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

Ensure that TOML is the one who loses the duel.

I could draw up a bit of model but there's no way I'd have it done in ten minutes and there's a lot of variables in play. Chief among them is whether Bifauxnen is being honest or not.

I think bif is full of poo poo.

• Locked thread