Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Me! Me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hiddenmovement posted:

In (have no idea how 2 play)

Rude!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Look at the scum, collaborating already.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

I'm an Autobot by the way. Confirmed town right here.

I'm a nurse and protected mills last night.

:colbert:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also I can't be suss on gaspy and repeatedly vote him this game.

That makes me sad.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toml

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Small Keating posted:

I am a Patlabor.

I am pat benetar and love is a battlefield.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also I'm phone posting so couldn't see, did someone buy votefinder a mills fan club tag?

Lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Demowned

Rip muyb

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Small Keating posted:

No but really folks, I kid, I kid. I kid the Demons, but do you know why?

Because they are legitimately terrible and why would you do that to yourself. I hope for their sake that you aren't bringing your children up in your bizarre and possibly satanic death cult, Beet.

Oh god no I don't follow the demons. I made a bet because I felt sorry for muyb, who does.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Small Keating posted:

i am so sorry, all this time i had you pegged as the worst kind of deviant, there are no words

:dogbutton:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Good morning, guys. I unfortunately had some real work to do for once! However, I have been thinking about who would actually be a decent choice for a D1 turbolynch.

We have a few unknown factors here from new posters, but it would be nice to see some actual input from them first, I think. So I'd be most in favor of lynching anyone who's just too quiet. Or on the other hand, possibly these two:

Anidav - I agree it would be a fitting full-circle tribute, to lynch him not for his annoying roleclaims confusing everyone, but to celebrate how dangerous and successful those claims have now become.

Mills - Purely for tradition's sake

We haven't always turbo'd mills have we?

I remember turboing his friends one gsme and I think Hal Incadenza or however it's spelt flipped scum. That was funny. I was half suspect of Kommando last game because he replaced Hal on D1.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

whats for dinner posted:

Upselling what an awesome scumhunter you are on day one seems like a pretty good way to get night killed, man :ohdear:

That's if he survives D1

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

It was windshipper and he was an rear end in a top hat to all of you so you turboed him D1.

This right. You still tried guiltily us with the irony card for expelling foreigners.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

Day 1 is always hard.

A day 5, 6 and 7 too, according to last game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i can't wait till d3 or d4 when milky is going all 'a beautiful mind' with transformers names.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

You need to turn on your pms so that Bif can invite you to the scumdoc.

There's only one way you would know this.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Plz don't kill me town, I want to play and be baller like Mills.

:stare:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Looks like someone wants a certain gang tag.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

I've seen that work both ways before but I tend to prefer voting people for it. I'm comfortable with my vote for now!!

What? The third person writing or joining the :cumpolice: ?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

The fact that you put analysis into this lovely day one post implies that you are putting in a small effort to out-town the town.

Auspol town always gets into a shitflinging frenzy on day one where a large majority of the posts are jabs, jokes or meaningless. You however have come to stand out and try being a helpful town on day 1.

You are either reading too much into this or are scummy for the fact that you're trying to fish hard out of day one posts.

Framing the argument is a key part of a mafia team, do it too early and too often and you will get lynched.

Yes.

But Kat is also hyper analytical, developing auspols first mafia spreadsheet in like auspol game #4 ever that a lot of players have since imitated but kept secret.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I think Kat had the first meltdown too?

Anyhow. Good times.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

Let's just lynch Anidav. :shrug:

I always struggle with gamblers fallacy though.

##vote anidav

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Because you guys have a habit of lynching me even when I play good :v:

You played good once and we didn't lynch you.

Looks like we won't make THAT mistake again.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh, how I have been there.

I do think it's worth trying to poke people and go fishing for little tells like that though, even on D1. If only because there's not much else you can do, besides the usual joking around. Even if the original tell is pretty bogus, the reaction that follows may be more revealing instead.

Using it to "frame the argument" and pushing it way too seriously for D1 might be going overboard and be a scumtell though, I agree. However, this reply sounds like a very toned-down OMGUS to me.

Auspol has really loose definitions of an omgus I've noticed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kat Delacour posted:

Oh dear Urban smurf, I apologise.

Urban smurf is the one with the glasses and scarf I thought.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

As much as Anidav might be a great candidate for the D1 lynch we're looking at a pretty bland setup for D2 if no one's going to talk about some other options. There should be some more fights going on by now! Is this what happens when I stop flinging around like 5 votes a day? Peace and harmony?!

yeah, i'll clarify i'm always a d1 lynch advocate, but a comedy lynch doesn't achieve as much as everyone thinks it does.

but

Anidav posted:

Looks like Gaspy's mafia games are cursed.

##vote Anidav

This will be the second Transformers Mafia where you guys have done this. It is a bad move.

Anidav posted:

Unvote and repent and I might actually be helpful for you guys on a day that isn't numbered 1.

then he goes and pulls the same poo poo that's gotten him killed in every game he's tried it in.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

gently caress, if only I had some sort of document to run my posts through with other people!

well you're not going to get anywhere in mafia if you need an approval process for your posting.

and if you need an approval process for your posting you're trying to cultivate a particular image / post in a certain style. that's not very town like bro.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

whats for dinner posted:

I'll all for D1 lynch on anidav but are there any other posters who haven't checked in yet?

i can't be bothered checking 20 posters but here:

1. Anidav
  2. Bifauxnen
  3. black_tangled
  4. dj-bbq
  5. Freudian Slip
  6. Gwynplaine
  7. hiddenmovement
  8. Kat Delacour
  9. Matthew Beet
  10. Milky Moor
  11. Mills
  12. Mithranderp
  13. MysticalMachineGun
  14. Old Dirty Cumburgs
  15. SKY COQ
  16. Small Keating
  17. Splode
  18. Those On My Left
  19. Tirade
  20. whats for dinner

and post count

Matthew Beet 27
Anidav 21
Splode 18
Mills 16
Asphyxious 12
black_tangled 11
Small Keating 10
Old Dirty Cumburgs 9
Mithranderp 9
Tirade 9
Bifauxnen 9
Kat Delacour 9
whats for dinner 7
Those On My Left 7
MysticalMachineGun 7
Milky Moor 6
Freudian Slip 5
hiddenmovement 5
dj-bbq 3
Gwynplaine 3
SKY COQ 3

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

black_tangled posted:

I always wondered if teams were chosen randomly.

you mean who are scum and who are town? they are.

i think last game though gaspy hand picked some roles for some people.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

What was Gaspy's last game? I will go read Anidav's contributions.

we turbo'd him day 1, he flipped town cop and was all smug.

end of game gaspy reveals he was a paranoid (insane?) cop.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SKY COQ posted:

Hmmm, ok.

I think the rush on Anidav is pretty manufactured, plus if we keep him overnight we can give him the chance to prove his quasi role claim.

Still a few hours to get a vote in. Do we have other options?

"Hi I'm Coq, I post wishy washy poo poo like this to try and cover my arse if the lynchee flips town. I do this because I'm concerned people will think I'm too late jumping in on a lynch if i jump on now. I don't realise that in doing so, this does the opposite of what i wanted and draws attention to me. You can tell this post is white noise, because I don't offer anything of worth up and instead ask everyone else to make suggestions, giving the illusion i'm helping."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

Good job with that list of "how to be a good townie" Beet.

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Is it a decent list of basics for beginners?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

You'll need to spell it out, mafia expert.

If I had to choose, I'd vote for Beet, Kat or Milky. Beet because contrary to every other d1 he's not flinging poo poo everywhere like a monkey on crystal meth. He's content to turbo anidav which differs from the last few games. Kat or Milky for lazy dogpiles on the anidav train in the sweet spot of 4 or 5 votes in.

With that,

##unvote

##vote Matthew Beet

Good post, this is how you do it.

Except you missed the part where i had just attacked coq, Or maybe you didn't miss that.

At least coq hasn't jumped on that band wa....

SKY COQ posted:

This is another in a string of good points you've made. I'm content to go with this.

##vote Matthew Beet

Oh..

:v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

Yeah I really liked it. But let's not get too off on a tangent here. I want to focus on finding some scum!

nah no tangent. i just didn't know if that was sarcasm. :hfive:

back on target.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

Bif, TOML and Beet are all being uncharacteristically quiet this game (compared to last game at least).

super quiet..

User Posts
Matthew Beet 35
Anidav 35
Mills 23
Splode 19
black_tangled 17
Mithranderp 17
Tirade 13
Asphyxious 12
Old Dirty Cumburgs 10
Small Keating 10
Bifauxnen 10
Kat Delacour 10
whats for dinner 7
Milky Moor 7
Those On My Left 7
MysticalMachineGun 7
SKY COQ 7
hiddenmovement 6
Freudian Slip 5
Gwynplaine 4
dj-bbq 3
votefinder 2
tithin 1

Pin drop quiet.

last game i bounced off gaspy and toml a hell of a lot on the first day so my posting was quite high.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

Don't get precious, your vote hasn't moved from anidav. If you honestly think mine and coqs vote is a scum move as opposed to a decent d1 guess then move your vote accordingly.

that's hardly precious.

I was more trying to point out to coq what constitutes a good post instead of a wishy washy white noise and then he follows up with an omgus-lite

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

Last-minute "mea culpa"? Interesting ploy.

We have Tirade and Coq voting for Beet in very quick succession after Beet expressed suspicion at Coq's posting. Interesting

That's why I said "compared to last game"--not meaning to pin you as being a quiet poster in general, just noting that there was a difference in it.

Anyway, how long have we got to get a lynch? Votefinder's saying 2 hours. With that in mind (assuming people just don't come in and pile on Anidav super quick before more discussion can be had) ##vote Anidav

nah that's fine.

i was more aggressive last game, though 90% of it was directed at gaspy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tirade posted:

That's the second time you've coqed up voting. Aren't you supposed to be a mafia pro?

I think he's fishing. Jumping around to see who is quick to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ANIDAV posted:

Look ok I'll admit the flipping has been somewhat bad play but my whole incentive has been to open up conversation about other options. Which has happened.

I am worth far more to the town alive than dead, and if allowed to live will be a useful bot to have around. Please don't let my death be the first mistake.

• Locked thread