Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Alright, put me down, this was a really cracking spectator read last time and I'd like to get any meta-game lynches out of people's systems before your transformers Ilyad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Hello friends

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The only game I played a Millspert made a spectacular blowup for D1 so I don't actually know what to do with a regular ball punch in the dark D1.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Mills posted:

I don't know what that means but I found 4 of the 5 scum by D2 in Kommando's game. :shrug:

You brought in a friend to help scum, who roleclaimed town cop D1 but in that game I was the town cop so we spent D1 shouting at each other. Forget their username.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

Plz don't kill me town, I want to play and be baller like Mills.

I dunno, this is written in a way that infers an external perspective - that you are a separate entity to the town and pleading to them. It could be a subconscious slip. Also happy to admit I may be reading too much into it, it just twigged something for me.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

The fact that you put analysis into this lovely day one post implies that you are putting in a small effort to out-town the town.

Auspol town always gets into a shitflinging frenzy on day one where a large majority of the posts are jabs, jokes or meaningless. You however have come to stand out and try being a helpful town on day 1.

You are either reading too much into this or are scummy for the fact that you're trying to fish hard out of day one posts.

Framing the argument is a key part of a mafia team, do it too early and too often and you will get lynched.

Lol

##vote Anidav

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Yeah I was the first meltdown, which is part of why I'm on a strict no-spreadsheet diet and just trying to gently caress around and read between the lines.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Is the angry smurf like the angry pirate? Cos that would be a short treasure hunt.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh dear Urban smurf, I apologise.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Tirade posted:

You'll need to spell it out, mafia expert.

If I had to choose, I'd vote for Beet, Kat or Milky. Beet because contrary to every other d1 he's not flinging poo poo everywhere like a monkey on crystal meth. He's content to turbo anidav which differs from the last few games. Kat or Milky for lazy dogpiles on the anidav train in the sweet spot of 4 or 5 votes in.

m8 you've done nothing but throw out votes blindly and defend Anidav. I voted because of a super suss outburst triggered by my first foray into D1 guesswork.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
With a timed day what happens if without a hammer - do we just forfeit our coin flip lynch?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I was born on a stormy spring eve to two starcrossed rangas. I never stood a chance.

I don't know what to do except read and try to digest suss feelings that are scummy or townies trying too hard. It's tough but I stand by my vote for you for now because ??? I guess coq is suss too but I just have a better vibe about you.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I dunno man scum or town I'd rather play with people who keep track of the players they have directly quoted and cast aspersions at.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I agree that Mills was killed because he posted like he was very very certain of coqs scumminess and he was drat pursuasive too. Coq has come in with "I know something you don't know ner ner I've got a secret" as his only defence so far.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
So for the people better at this game than me, was the flavour text Saw Too Much and Watcher flip just Gaspy being cute or can someone watching die as blowback from certain other roles? Because working out who Mith was suss on that hasn't flipped could ID a scumrole.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I can only really articulate right now the people I have good feelings about.

Beet is doing the Lord's work
Milky is probably town, I agree that posting frequency on D1 is a poo poo metric when there's nothing to analyse which is a feeling I tried to express yesterday about how I don't actually know what to do on D1. His freaking the gently caress out over his night action and snap targetting Tirade was weird but I think it came from a legit place.
Tirade tried to put some breaks on the Anidav turbo which makes no sense as a Scum move.

I need to re-read and think again.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Gwynplaine posted:

Given how incredibly quiet they are and how they're not voting, do we have anything to lose in lynching bbq?

Rightly or wrongly, I'm not suspicious of Bif at all.

Considering the last Auspolformers game that is a very dangerous position. I don't necessarily think Bif is scum either but I'm still suspicious.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't think lynching poo poo participants is a good idea if that's the only reason you're lynching them.

But hey since you're obviously reading the thread enough to interject so immediately maybe you should do something.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I saw the original and they definitely only added to it. But yeah, never ever.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Further feelings.

TOML at the end of D1 could be seen as trying to block the lynch, but I think instead it was trying to follow the advice of a very insistent and persuasive Millspicion. He has done some good effort posting this morning but only to reassert Mills' Coq hunt and throw some shade at Bif.
SK I feel okay about. I think they are participating reasonably and expressing their concerned Town Vanilla-ness.

Milky:

Milky Moor posted:

quote:

MysticalMachineGun posted:
The two night kills may have been due to a town-aligned power being used unwittingly against a townie.
That didn't happen.

What's this about?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

TOML took this moment to re-affirm intent to stick with Anidav. (this could easily be interpreted either way)

Post history shows

Those On My Left posted:

loving, fine

##vote Sky Coq

This was his last vote.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I only extracted the part about TOML because I still has his post history open from my own feelings post just before. Didn't have any opinion on the others.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I also hadn't realised it was after the hammer, I don't know how to get to votefinder to check that kind of stuff - I can't see a link in the OP.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Wait, Bif, did you mean I cut it weird as in "interpretted either way" was about the other two guys? I assumed it was about TOML because it followed his comment. It seemed a logical sentence.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh god no I hosed up the crop, that's just me being stupid. Sorry.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
And with that said, now any scum watchers/trackers/whatever the one that sees usernames is can keep an eye out for other town power roles targeting you.

Roleclaiming is loving stupid.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's coming up on home time, things got hopping about 6 last night, give people time.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's Groundhog Day!

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
In trying to understand Milky's absolute certainly that it wasn't a misplaced townie action I have probably confused myself, or may just end up confusing the game here. The only possible reason I can come up with for his certainty is that the GM response included both the target name and "action failed" outcome, because if I understand the role correctly being bussed would return an outcome for someone else. That Tirade himself responded to basically say "I get it, don't target me dumbass" either means Milky & Tirade are a team putting on a big show, or Tirade has an innately deflective role. Gaspy being gaspy, my money is on townies and natural deflection.

Coq is definitely a deadman walking but he's also a bellweather death. That is, in death his card flip reveals more about the other players than anything he could get done with his power now he's roleclaimed. Moreover, as an alive unknown he just throws a lot of confusion into the mix - is he alive because he is scum or is he alive to make us think he's scum. You big dummy. However, I also don't want to start voting on it because I wanna hear other people's feels on this and I know a Coq train could build up momentum quickly.

I don't know what to think bout Bif and FS.

Gwyn calling to lynch people effectively at random is really stupid newbie stuff or a scum windsock. Either way I don't think it's helping.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder Bif, I think Whats For Dinner came out of nowhere and am especially concerned that the people doing the voting are all building excuses to not have to stick around and defend their choices.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If it gets to 8pm without any further feedback or suggestions I'm voting for Coq for the reasons outlined above. This encroaching curfew and lack of posting is very frustrating.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Great that everyone who wanted to vote what's for dinner has been able to participate this evening despite what was for dinner.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If Milky is right about two scum teams we could be hosed for a consensus. I'll change to Whats For Dinner if that's the wind is blowing but I really do feel like it came out of nowhere, although I agree his posting is pretty non-existent and white noise.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Chugga chugga choo choo

##vote whats for dinner

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Well earned victory. Town was a shambles.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Gwynplaine posted:

I'm going to have to go to work soon, and will be unable to post much, but I still, even now think BBQ might be up to something. Not sure about KD, Beet or BT either.

Even before the Vanilla Scum slip up you were the Idiot King of Townies. Throwing shade on a loving corpse.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Don't feel like you shouldn't play but maybe next time reread posts before submitting to avoid mistakes that seem deliberately bad. That poo poo in a game about sussing out your opponents is infuriating. The vanilla card flip set off a mexican wave of holy shits.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
No poo poo, he even guessed bruticus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Those On My Left posted:

Thanks for running a good game Asphyxious :)

• Locked thread