Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
lol jewz

It turned out as designed and expected. They bitched, no one cared. Life moved on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

rear end cobra posted:

hi I've lived in New York for four months look at my Facebook posts about 31 things every true New yorker knows about and my complaints about slow moving tourists because im from New York my city

I live in New York City. Don't you love New York City? People who aren't from New York City don't get it.

New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City

Goes like this. I live in Stamford now and NYC is a 45 minute train. Prior to this I lived in Boston and worked at a company whose hq was in NYC and I was upper management. As a result I spent a week out of every month at minimum for the better part of 6 years hopping an Amtrak. Never in my life have I been in a city where residents feel the need to proclaim the name of the city they're in as much as New Yorkers.

In Boston you mostly just hear them refer to it as "in town."

Between that and the Yankees fans it was no mystery why I was a c level executive in a company but refused to move to the HQ and endured 1-2 weeks a month in hotels instead.

Granted this makes up people who probably have lived there less than 5 years but that accounts for millions of people so it was nonstop.

New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. New York City. Newuorkrejbshsussbsksgsmsja

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
They do, in fact they say it as far as here in Stamford as well. Stamford is a city and when Id meet someone and ask them if they were from the city they'd answer "no I'm from Stamford"

But it was something I heard nonstop. Coffee shop, bar, food place, park, anywhere. I heard "New York City" said loving constantly.

I travel a lot and it just stood out at me. I never heard the full name uttered so goddamn much from residents in any other place like I have in nyc.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I loving hate time square.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Monday_ posted:

But the Disney Store! Toys R Us! The Hard Rock Cafe! What's there to hate?

Every goddamn part of it.

The Fridays is just icing on the cake of how loving stupid it is.

And the dumb gently caress "cowboy" in his underwear.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Holy loving gold.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
haha... that's just mean.

Spaceman Future! posted:

Next on line? What.. what the gently caress im in line, not on line why.. YOURE NOT ON THE LINE FUCKS you're IN IT. I'm never changing, Ill keep fighting that poo poo for years, being "on line" rather than "in line" is the stupidest poo poo ever and gently caress you NYC for making me take a stand.

no poo poo. "on line" is retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Alan Smithee posted:

*is actully nicer than people from Boston

I'm from Boston and absolutely agree with this.

• Locked thread