Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pizza in other cities will never be good as NYC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I'm going to be on broadway a few years from now, just bussing tables as a transition job

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

New York is where boring people move to pretend like they are interesting.

New York where Midwest dreams go to die

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Croc Monster posted:

Fake New Yorker detected. Our subway locomotives are too old and janky to speed. They just kinda screech-and-chug along. MTA union maintenance men get paid $150/hour to suck each other's dicks, not actually repair things.

DC Metro is better at killing people IMO

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8x1pPd1SgM

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

*Best city in the world has almost no real grocery stores*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Yeah Im going to retire somewhere in the south maybe north carolina or tennessee or florida

college triangle in NC is pretty decent, mainly because 3 universities and lots of transplants helps thin out the local redneck supply.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Croc Monster posted:

They're small, cramped, dingy, careworn, and given the chance, the checkout clerks would murder you in the underclass uprising in a heartbeat. Shopping in a grocery store in Manhattan is soul-crushing. Unless you go to one of the gourmet food markets. Those are fine, but everything will cost you 3x what it should and there's about 1/10th the selection of what you can get in a real supermarket in a flyover state.

you can tell everything about the neighborhood just from what stuff the local bodegas stock.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

*dies a little after each electric sewer ride*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESE4cv6LTcc

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Chrispurple posted:

If anyone has ever heard New York and thought of Buffalo before NYC then they deserve some kind of humanitarian award. Excuse me while I try to drown myself in Lake Erie without sucking in too much toxic sludge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2uN28EJRlA

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Croc Monster posted:

That's New Yawk ingenuity right there, I tells ya!

you never hear the phrase in the US "southern ingenuity"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I've never seen anyone get in trouble for eating and drinking on the metro, but I've heard of it happening.

Also, my friend from Jersey thought those posters were hilarious.

It was ad campaign by the DC metro:
http://www.adweek.com/adfreak/dc-metro-rats-out-new-york-city-subway-16212

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I know, I work in DC. That was an IRL post not an ITT post.

Still see rats at L'Enfant and Gallery Place a bunch, tho.

lmao:
http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/26/trash-talking-from-the-dc-metro/?st=cse&sq=subway+rat+poster&scp=1

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Slugnoid posted:

it really is the greatest thing ever. guaranteed pay rise every year and no customers. people only deal with you because they absolutely have to :toot:

also one of the few jobs left that have pension plans.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euj4jPqIERg

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hingehead posted:

Saw a dude also bring in a giant gently caress off bird cage which naturally was occupied with birds onto the bus, blocking off the aisle.

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Wut up young blood, time for your daily Terry search. Mmm what's this that purple urkel, daddy's getting a bonus this week. The streets are safe again.

To the NYPD searching black people is just like unlocking Xbox achievements

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

CISMALES DID 9-11 posted:

snowed 4 inches here? better make a megathread

got cold out in the winter? let's post about it

*Living in places which have good weather make you soft!*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

*avoids eye contact with other human beings*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Khorne posted:

Driving in NYC was easy as poo poo. I don't get why it's so hyped up. Just don't expect to park anywhere and the driving part is simple.

Probably because it uses the traditional grid layout instead of whacky street plans found in other cities like SF or DC.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Monkey Fracas posted:

It is both a cultural center and an enormous rat infested garbage dump full of assholes

there's a good reason why rich people flee the city in the summer.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

This New York was an actually good cool city and that anyone tries to claim turning all the strip clubs off Times Square into Starbucks was an improvement is all the proof I need that mankind is being overrun by lizard people

Movies like the Taxi Driver, Warriors or Death Wish are really neat since they capture the pre-banker apocalyptic feel of the city really well.

It was basically closer to the Purge irl.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Khorne posted:

Their pizza is the best I've ever had though. It's not just hype.

lmao, other cities have just as good pizza if not better

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

Lets see work on the island and make 50k or do the same job in manhattan and make 200k but accept a 6 hour daily commute

welp

It pretty the crazy the commute people do just have a white people single family house with picket fence.

A hour or two on the diesel commuter train, then having to transfer over to the subway system.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Monsters attack and try to destroy NYC since they got tired about hearing how it's the best city in the world.

(Loki did nothing wrong)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ugly In The Morning posted:

The Warriors is actually a documentary about trying to take the NQR trains after 11 pm.

it also owns since it was just a modern retelling of Anabasis

etalian fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 16, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cuckoo posted:

You're right that was being generous uhhh $25k uhh

Wait even poo poo-tier apartments in flyover states and all but the worst trailers have central AC these days

basically having to pay top dollar for a ancient horrible apartment.

(at least it's in a historic building!)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Lovecraft story New Yorker can relate to best is Rats in the Walls.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

You could make a brick oven pizza with all the ingredients imported straight from Italy and new yorkers would whine about not being good like their pizza.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gazpacho posted:

"who needs the rest of the country anyway?"

*is kept alive by the rest of the country*

NYC is basically that annoying capital city from the hunger games, which only survives since it siphons off resources and people from the rest of the country.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

city has rats, garbage, nasty rear end weather, overpriced housing and goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gaunab posted:

ha good one man. that's exactly what someone from new yrok would say

flyover states

:smugbird:

• Locked thread