Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

where's this a quote from?
I think 4chan or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
if u use the phrase 'sjw' chances are pretty high that u are at least as annoying as, if not more so, than ur frienf

soooooo gokuill urself , p much

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

ilikedirt posted:

The "Goku" Meme

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

something awful

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

ilikedirt posted:

if u use the phrase 'sjw' chances are pretty high that u are at least as annoying as, if not more so, than ur frienf

its just shorthand so everyone ing bs will know what im talking about ilikedirt.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!

Three Olives posted:

I don't understand XOJane, is it the new Livejournal for sad fat women?

I refuse to accept that XOJane is anything but the greatest Internet honeypot in the world. Why keep writers on staff when Internet crazies will write a tell-all about their gluten obsession for a paltry $50?

Also OP it's a phase in activism where people want to go turbo-militant. They expect people to be on board with them suddenly calling everyone out for listening to an NWA track because it's oppressive. The only way I've seen it end well-ish is when the person being more SJW than thou damages or loses some important friendships. Then sometimes they snap out of it because they realize that they're just isolating themselves.

Otherwise they turn into Tumblr-style activists where racism people stay away from feminists etc. and they start doing stupid poo poo like having big ol' shitstorms because a Native American said "Mother Earth" and that's problematic because traditional gender roles*.

Tumblr factioning activism and focusing too heavily on the minutiae isn't anything new. Generally it's called "The Circular Firing Squad of the Left." Basically liberals lose because we forget that we're going after the Koch Brothers/John Boehner and start ripping other leftist groups up for not being perfectly progressive. It always ends up the same, with the left offering up ammunition for Fox News and other conservative outlets because we have a grudge against another group. It's an old phenomenon, Tumblr just makes it worse because instead of being alone you have an endless stream of sycophants that will listen to your every word provided you have enough Oppression Points stacked up.

*This poo poo actually happened and I'll probably :justpost: it in the Tumblr thread or A/T.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

Razorwired posted:

I refuse to accept that XOJane is anything but the greatest Internet honeypot in the world. Why keep writers on staff when Internet crazies will write a tell-all about their gluten obsession for a paltry $50?

Also OP it's a phase in activism where people want to go turbo-militant. They expect people to be on board with them suddenly calling everyone out for listening to an NWA track because it's oppressive. The only way I've seen it end well-ish is when the person being more SJW than thou damages or loses some important friendships. Then sometimes they snap out of it because they realize that they're just isolating themselves.

Otherwise they turn into Tumblr-style activists where racism people stay away from feminists etc. and they start doing stupid poo poo like having big ol' shitstorms because a Native American said "Mother Earth" and that's problematic because traditional gender roles*.

Tumblr factioning activism and focusing too heavily on the minutiae isn't anything new. Generally it's called "The Circular Firing Squad of the Left." Basically liberals lose because we forget that we're going after the Koch Brothers/John Boehner and start ripping other leftist groups up for not being perfectly progressive. It always ends up the same, with the left offering up ammunition for Fox News and other conservative outlets because we have a grudge against another group. It's an old phenomenon, Tumblr just makes it worse because instead of being alone you have an endless stream of sycophants that will listen to your every word provided you have enough Oppression Points stacked up.

*This poo poo actually happened and I'll probably :justpost: it in the Tumblr thread or A/T.

:golfclap:

Well said.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I'm going to staunchly pretend sjw isn't an understood term referring to a subset of unhelpful people in socially progressive communities while wholeheartedly embracing every stereotype I hear about mras, puas, and incels because I'm incapable of even remotely critical thought or nuance.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

psyopmonkey posted:

1- get a cat
2- get new friend
3- pet cat

when r u gonna get to step 2?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Generally people chill out a lot and stop caring about dumb insubstantial horseshit the internet obsesses over if you get them outside and involved in actually doing something, anything

"advocacy" isn't actually doing anything I mean like volunteer at a soup kitchen or fire station or animal shelter or whatever

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
i'm more of a social justice cleric myself

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Steampunk iPhone posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
This probe is gay

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

THE PENETRATOR posted:

This probe is gay
gnarly hotep is not well versed in forums lore.. Troubleing

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

THE PENETRATOR posted:

This probe is gay

6 hours tho so who cares.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
the day gnarly became a poo poo lord

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
probe gay, so what

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

probe gay, so what

redeems the probe

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm going to staunchly pretend sjw isn't an understood term referring to a subset of unhelpful people in socially progressive communities while wholeheartedly embracing every stereotype I hear about mras, puas, and incels because I'm incapable of even remotely critical thought or nuance.

MRA, PUA and Incel are all self applied terms hth

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
Won't somebody take a stand for social justice?!

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i'd prefer if all minority groups were ostracized and this includes whites in africa and asia

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Miltank posted:

Won't somebody take a stand for social justice?!

I will.

*stands up, sits back down, pants*

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Fatkraken posted:

MRA, PUA and Incel are all self applied terms hth
Do you have functional eyes? Like I'm just flabbergasted you could post this in sincerity on something awful of all places.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

gnarlyhotep posted:

probe gay, so what

lol. like the username

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Ya spend some time with them off the internet and realize that none of this poo poo matters to anyone but them irl and if they talk like they do on tumblr they're correctly regarded as crazy people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfzSTx2peeo

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

is niggerstomper post probateable

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Al Nipper posted:

Ya spend some time with them off the internet and realize that none of this poo poo matters to anyone but them irl and if they talk like they do on tumblr they're correctly regarded as crazy people

they like a single mormon

AdolfHitler
Mar 21, 2009

Steampunk iPhone posted:

I think you should bend her over a park bench and gently caress her with your stinking, rock-hard gently caress staff until she’s dead. Use your keys to rip her creamy little dick cavity to shreds. Smear the blood all over your face and shaft. Then, you should poo poo into her mouth. By this, you will show her that you are in the dominant position, and that you don’t care one way or the other about her behavior. It’s the next best thing to loving severing, which you should promptly do while you vote her life a five and give her rear end AIDS. Nuke her from orbit, but at the same time, make sure you’re using fire. I am a big fat human being. I like to pick my nose and put the boogers into my erect penis. I like to pee out little rods of my compressed penis booger. God is a human being. God is a friend of the family. The Lord God Jesus Christ is a worthless human being. I kill everything I see. I can’t stop loving. I wish I could have sex. I want to gently caress so bad. I can taste your loving vagina juice. I am a friend of the family. I am a stupid stupid fat loving friend of the family. God is Hitler’s human being. There is no such thing as a human being.

its time to beat the poo poo out of the mods.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

It's a response to a thinly veiled "I have a sexy girlfriend that plays video games" thread in Games.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Al Nipper posted:

this was entertaining but I think I need a Cliffs Notes

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Smoking_Dragon posted:

It's a response to a thinly veiled "I have a sexy girlfriend that plays video games" thread in Games.
does anyone have a link to said thread?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Generally people chill out a lot and stop caring about dumb insubstantial horseshit the internet obsesses over if you get them outside and involved in actually doing something, anything

"advocacy" isn't actually doing anything I mean like volunteer at a soup kitchen or fire station or animal shelter or whatever

Excuse me!

Excuse me! *comes running out from the shadows* Excuse me!

(huff) Volunteering is (cough) EXTREMELY ABLEIST and not everyone(s) is/are able to (cough, sputter) leave their home, and *wheeeeze* many do not even have a home to leave! For some people and multiple systems, tumblr activism is the only thing they can do, so stop being *kneels over, legs shaking*so ableist and get your bigoted self out of my *HAAAAAAAACK* safe space!!

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Heath posted:

Excuse me!

Excuse me! *comes running out from the shadows* Excuse me!

(huff) Volunteering is (cough) EXTREMELY ABLEIST and not everyone(s) is/are able to (cough, sputter) leave their home, and *wheeeeze* many do not even have a home to leave! For some people and multiple systems, tumblr activism is the only thing they can do, so stop being *kneels over, legs shaking*so ableist and get your bigoted self out of my *HAAAAAAAACK* safe space!!

what a horrible post

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Razorwired posted:

amazing words

Thank you. My college is overrun with this.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Cucking Mama posted:

what a horrible post

describes pretty much all of yours

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Steampunk iPhone posted:

I think you should bend her over a park bench and gently caress her with your stinking, rock-hard gently caress staff until she’s dead. Use your keys to rip her creamy little dick cavity to shreds. Smear the blood all over your face and shaft. Then, you should poo poo into her mouth. By this, you will show her that you are in the dominant position, and that you don’t care one way or the other about her behavior. It’s the next best thing to loving severing, which you should promptly do while you vote her life a five and give her rear end AIDS. Nuke her from orbit, but at the same time, make sure you’re using fire. I am a big fat human being. I like to pick my nose and put the boogers into my erect penis. I like to pee out little rods of my compressed penis booger. God is a human being. God is a friend of the family. The Lord God Jesus Christ is a worthless human being. I kill everything I see. I can’t stop loving. I wish I could have sex. I want to gently caress so bad. I can taste your loving vagina juice. I am a friend of the family. I am a stupid stupid fat loving friend of the family. God is Hitler’s human being. There is no such thing as a human being.

Lol

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cucking Mama posted:

what a horrible post

heh hehhh cucking mama, it's like cooking mama but with cuck

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

yeah, it's my username.

gnarlyhotep posted:

describes pretty much all of yours

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Maggotmaster, the chilean teen who posted the death threat that ended LF, and for a while had a personality cult of societal dregs following him (now her)

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
stay safe ghost head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
i can understand maggotmaster thinking it's ok to threaten the leader of a different country but that waiter dude probably shouldn't have joked about rpgs

• Locked thread