Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

concerned mom posted:

yeh im fine with early access i think its a good idea but early accessing a new game whilst ur old one is early access is a bit much

They got a new team for the med stuff and they are sharing new tech between both games, like they mentioned that the terrain generation that is still pretty basic atm, will be used on future planetoids in Space Engineers and how the NPC AI will first be used in ME cause it's the easier to navigate terrain before they'll be ported to SE eventually.

With that in mind, i'm actually happy they have a new sandbox to experiment with that might end up contributing to SE (and the other way around). That said ME is pretty basic atm, like the early SE releases, so unless you have fun building up towers and seeing them crumble, or just want to give the guys more money to develop both titles, don't buy in yet.

e:
to get the bandwith use of the thread a bit up.

The result of me trying to install a new staircase in my tower:

And the results of me trying to repair the damage:

Also hoping they get the SE blocks up to ME standard soon, so I can start to merge blocks and don't have to build around them all the time.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Feb 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

I wish I had shadowplay, but my nvidia card is too old. I accidently knocked down a wall and it led to a crack that took about 2 seconds to spread to the next wall creating the exact same crack.

This traveled onwards to the left until it reached the far wall, at which point the whole upper part of the wall just dropped down one story, where it now sits, totaly stable.
:stare:

This is how the inside part looks, the whole upper story dropped down, the only 'casulties' were the little guard hut at the corner with its staircase. The tower in the background is unrelated and colapsed yesterday already.

I could actually keep on building on top of the collapsed wall parts.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Feb 21, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Currently you can use the 'voxel hand' tool to place and remove dirt and stone freely, so go wild with your underground kingdom.

Only limitation might be the lightning as the current selection of torches and fire pits don't seem to spend any actual light as you can see in this no effort artificial cave example.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 22, 2015

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Currently pushing it off or make room for it to drop away. Not optimal, but I hope we get some sort of Hammer tool at one point to smash it.

• Locked thread