Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

They say that he who dies with the most Opil wins.

I am winning.
I'm going with the Federation, and I believe Kirk, Spock, and two redshirts should beam down to the surface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.

Cartheon posted:

Risking our captain by beaming him into unknown circumstances on a planet inhabited by an intelligent and violent species? Best to let the science officer with combat skills check in on the science teams on the planet. Kirk can beam down later if he is needed.

On the contrary, by having Kirk in place we have an effective diplomatic team betwen the captain and science officer. And the security ratings can help protect our officers.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
C Contact the authorities.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
On 892-IV, we should Beam down a party disguised as traders, sending Kirk, Spock, and two security redshirts. Between Kirk and Spock's skillsets, we should be able to handle the challenges of working out an effective deal for the native culture.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Approach the king and offer membership in exchange for metal! And send down Kirk, Spock, Scotty, and two redshirts.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Attempt to negotiate seems the obvious course.

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
Attempt to communicate!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nweismuller
Oct 11, 2012

I am winning.
We have Kirk and Spock. If we can't reason the computer into exploding, I'll be disappointed.

• Locked thread