Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Islanders vs Rangers. Other poo poo is on, too, I guess.

These are some handy gifs for you to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
Rangers will probably get their asses kicked tonight.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Tailored Sauce posted:

let's hope so!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
basically they need to remember that the Islanders skate hard all the time and the Rangers don't have the luxery of loving around with the puck like they've got all day

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Go Rangers :smith:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

lmbo. 11 seconds

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Go Isles/Habs/Jets/Bolts boo everyone else.

e: A good start :siren:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

ARE YOU loving KIDDIN GME

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

jesus titty loving christ

What a bad loving pass by Talbot holy gently caress goddamn

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Lmao.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.

A good game

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Tailored Sauce posted:

I blame you for this.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

gently caress me forever stop playing like a bunch of scared little shitheads like you always do against the Islanders just loving skate you morons christ

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

I guess I want the Islanders to win because that would make it more likely the Capitals will avoid the Rangers in the first round?

Go sports!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I really want an Isles/Rags first round match up now.

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
go islanders, the moral new york team.

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Many years later, as he faced the firing squad, Goaltender Carey Price was to remember that distant afternoon when his father took him to discover ice.
It's taken me until this moment to realize how much love I still bear for Jaro. Go get em, buddy.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Furnaceface posted:

I really want an Isles/Rags first round match up now.

No thanks

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

zakharov posted:

No thanks

Why do you hate fun?

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

Why do you hate fun?

Is it not plausible to have a first round that includes Pens/Flyers, Rags/Isles and Habs/Bruins? Oh baby.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Pancakes by Mail posted:

Is it not plausible to have a first round that includes Pens/Flyers, Rags/Isles and Habs/Bruins? Oh baby.

My DVR would explode.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

quote:

Let's Go New York!

no don't

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Pancakes by Mail posted:

oh my yes

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Pancakes by Mail posted:

no it is not plausible unless you believe Washington is a bad team (they aren't)

if someone drops out it will be Boston and hopefully it will be Florida replacing them thx guys

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

T-Bone posted:

no it is not plausible unless you believe Washington is a bad team (they aren't)

if someone drops out it will be Boston and hopefully it will be Florida replacing them thx guys

You're right, plausible was a poor choice of words, more like "possible if far-fetched".

But the chance of getting at least one of the three seems pretty good, which would be neat.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I would say BOS/MTL NYR/NYI might be actually likely right now although I still think Tampa will finish 1st

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

T-Bone posted:

Caps-Pens, Isles-Rags, Bolts-Panthers, Habs-Wings

Id be down with that.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
So the islanders have 14 shots in the first 10 minutes of the game :stare:

edit: on pace for 84 shots!

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

frans nielsen rules, much like all islanders do.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rangers just don't wanna skate when the play the Isles. Every goddamn game, don't wanna skate as hard and end up giving them all kinds of room

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

at this rate the islanders would sweep a first round series, yep

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks
isles rule.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Islanders are doing well but the Rangers are seemingly just coughing the puck up every 5 seconds.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rotten Cookies posted:

Islanders are doing well but the Arab gers are seemingly just coughing the puck up every 5 seconds.

and then they'll adjust in the 2nd period but by then it'll be too late to come back because reasons

I don't get how every game goes the exact same way but the Rangers never loving learn

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

kill me now posted:

So the islanders have 14 shots in the first 10 minutes of the game :stare:

edit: on pace for 84 shots!

the isles literally shoot from anywhere no matter how terrible the shot is. in my uneducated opinion their advacned stats are overblown because of this but on the other hand they do generate quality chances as well, they just take a shitload of shots that have no chance of going in or becoming a scoring chance too

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Furnaceface posted:

Caps-Pens, Isles-Rags, Bolts-Panthers, Habs-Wings

Id be down with that.

that would be good

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

dan boyle has looked awful and slow tonight

Pancakes by Mail
Oct 21, 2010

Ahhh I wanted that 3rd goal, get this game into shitshow territory early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Did Matt Martin just run his own goalie?

• Locked thread