Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

It's occurred to me that I should try to relate to others more. Tell me about your day GBS. I will listen attentively and engage you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BKPR posted:

It's occurred to me that I should try to relate to others more. Tell me about your day GBS. I will listen attentively and engage you.

today was family day and i haven't seen my family in almost two months and i miss them and i can't even pour booze on my brain

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im gay

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
relate to my rear end, op

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
*reaches out*

*grabs ur dick*

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!

moose face posted:

today was family day and i haven't seen my family in almost two months and i miss them and i can't even pour booze on my brain

I hope you're okay dude you've been sounding real rough lately.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
pour me a glass of cabernet and massage my feet op

omg i had such a long busy day today

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
the moose is loose

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

moose face posted:

*reaches out*

*grabs ur dick*

look man i value our friendship, and while i might want this, id rather you sleep it off because it isnt you

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

moose face posted:

*reaches out*

*grabs ur dick*

yes. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS SQUEEEZE

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RedLobster posted:

I hope you're okay dude you've been sounding real rough lately.

i am holding myself together with bailing wire and raw, desperate strength

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

moose face posted:

that's unfortunate. i've missed a bunch of chances to see my family recently because i have an odd work schedule. it's not ideal, but like so many things you can half rear end it until conditions are more favorable. face time with people too far away and do one on one stuff with people when time doesn't allow for the big gatherings.

i am tentatively happy for you! i understand the title may have led people to think i am only here for discussing low points, but if you are just happy to affirm your identity i am glad for you.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Iron Prince posted:

relate to my rear end, op

i find my time in the bathroom relatively enjoyable and stress free. does your rear end feel this way?

Mariana Horchata posted:

pour me a glass of cabernet and massage my feet op

omg i had such a long busy day today

i don't know that there are appropriate emoticons for these requests, but i am wishing you all the wine and foot massages in the world! :)

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I woke up a tad cranky. Then I pet my cat for a little bit.

I took a shower and got ready for my day.

I went to history class today. It was kinda neat. I only have one class today.

I should be writing an essay right now. However, Im having a really tough time getting started.

never seen again
Jan 25, 2008
had a dinner party and was slightly disappointed in the quality of the wine one of my guests brought to gift the host

Not that I'm expecting them to spend a lot, I just would have thought they had better taste

tia for reaching out

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
i want lady touch my dingus

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i'm kinda depressed

but also mad at myself for being depressed since my life is relatively simple/easy compared to other ppl i know

which just makes me more depressed

someone gimme some good drugs tia

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

psyopmonkey posted:

I should be writing an essay right now. However, Im having a really tough time getting started.

*reaches out*

*grabs ur dick*

BONE DOG fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 17, 2015

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

psyopmonkey posted:

one class days were my favorite part of college. imo when you start a paper the best thing to do is just write poo poo down, even if you feel like an rear end in a top hat. you can fix all the awkward sentences later, but getting a structure down quick is nice. a drink may help.

Qvindtar posted:

had a dinner party and was slightly disappointed in the quality of the wine one of my guests brought to gift the host

Not that I'm expecting them to spend a lot, I just would have thought they had better taste

tia for reaching out

i feel like wine is an obscure topic for a lot of people. the air around it can lead people to feel overwhelmed and discourage them from trying to dive in, and on top of that so much of it seems fluid and subjective. if i were in your shoes i'd probably give "obvious" suggestions e.g. "the main course is lamb, so as you all know a merlot or alfredo would be great".

coolskull fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 17, 2015

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

moose face posted:

*reaches out*

*grabs ur dick*

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Literal Carehaver posted:

i want lady touch my dingus

you and me both, brother.

Feranon posted:

i'm kinda depressed

but also mad at myself for being depressed since my life is relatively simple/easy compared to other ppl i know

which just makes me more depressed

someone gimme some good drugs tia

this is fairly common for people who have clinical depression. there's plenty of arguments to be made about how lesser problems are still valid, etc but the short version is if this is a frequent thing you should probably talk to a pro about it. i spent several years losing sleep being angry with myself and blowing up at people before i got on meds so i could actually do things.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

BKPR posted:

one class days were my favorite part of college. imo when you start a paper the best thing to do is just write poo poo down, even if you feel like an rear end in a top hat. you can fix all the awkward sentences later, but getting a structure down quick is nice. a drink may help.

Yeah, I love being in charge of my own schedule again.

Ive already got the outline done and the sources im going to cite. I got this. Aint no thang but a chicken wing. :nyd:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

lmao

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Not much to tell. I'm taking care of my folks' dog while they're off on a trip and she got to come to work with me today and laze around my office while I taught CPR and filed paperwork. She's a good dog, so it was nice to have her around.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

it's normal to have an unyielding sense of dread about the future though right? like that's not a sadbrain thing it's just a typical human feeling to have isn't it

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Feranon posted:

it's normal to have an unyielding sense of dread about the future though right? like that's not a sadbrain thing it's just a typical human feeling to have isn't it

yes it's normal you are normal to feel this way about the future

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Not much to tell. I'm taking care of my folks' dog while they're off on a trip and she got to come to work with me today and laze around my office while I taught CPR and filed paperwork. She's a good dog, so it was nice to have her around.

that's awesome. it is rad to have dogs in the office. keep on truckin' friend.

Feranon posted:

i suppose it depends on current circumstances. i have spent a lot of time drinking sparks in my parents house in my early twenties, and at the time it was a reasonable feeling. now i'm a bit more together and very positive about the future. it may be helpful to sit down with a legal pad/notepad++ and pin down all the poo poo you're dreading and what if anything you can do about it.

e: shoutout to the mod who put a tag on this thread (gnarly?), i am sometime forgetful about proper forums behavior.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
was working food service today, after an hour and a half of having to do literally nothing (poo poo was loving awesome) like 20 soccer moms roll in with their kids, ordering shakes for themselves, their kids, stray dog outside, etc. while i'm sitting there with 20 orders of shakes in front of me, the most recent soccer mom looks over and goes "wow, lots of people ordering shakes huh?" and I just kinda stared at her for a second and nodded. That was funny so I stopped being so mad about shakes and got on with my job

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

klapman posted:

was working food service today, after an hour and a half of having to do literally nothing (poo poo was loving awesome) like 20 soccer moms roll in with their kids, ordering shakes for themselves, their kids, stray dog outside, etc. while i'm sitting there with 20 orders of shakes in front of me, the most recent soccer mom looks over and goes "wow, lots of people ordering shakes huh?" and I just kinda stared at her for a second and nodded. That was funny so I stopped being so mad about shakes and got on with my job

i used to work at wendys and the month after halloween was dumb because someone would come in with a coupon book and i'd have to make a dozen tiny frosties for all the kids on that lady's block. also we were down the street from the high school, and apparently after football games someone would announce "hamburgers on me!" and come down with thirty people who they were all paying for.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

klapman posted:

I hope to god you're not over 20 years old

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

i ate peanut butter with a spoon because i couldn't be assed to cook or leave my room and did some organic chemistry homework.
happy presidents day everyone!

edit: oh yeah i also smoked about half a pack of green american spirits but thats every day

tvayisnihyaami
Dec 23, 2012

by Lowtax

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I had to go over to this nearby island to get a dog cause his owner is in jail and is probably going to be there for a while. The ferry back left an hour late because of mechanical problems, but I'm home now and really hungry. It's a conundrum cause I'm too hungry to spend time cooking but I only have ingredients, not ready-to-eat foods in the house. My husband could maybe cook but if I allow that to happen I'll be waiting four hours for a bowl of pasta (3 1/2 hours thinking about it on the couch time, 20 minutes prep and 20 minutes actual food cooking).

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like I am falling into an infinite black void

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Profondo Rosso posted:

i ate peanut butter with a spoon because i couldn't be assed to cook or leave my room and did some organic chemistry homework.
happy presidents day everyone!

edit: oh yeah i also smoked about half a pack of green american spirits but thats every day

peanut butter is basically the best simple food short of actual MREs. not something i usually go for unless i don't want to put on pants though. at least you're using your time to learn!

join us on the dancefloor of life, you silly!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shithouse Dave posted:

I had to go over to this nearby island to get a dog cause his owner is in jail and is probably going to be there for a while. The ferry back left an hour late because of mechanical problems, but I'm home now and really hungry. It's a conundrum cause I'm too hungry to spend time cooking but I only have ingredients, not ready-to-eat foods in the house. My husband could maybe cook but if I allow that to happen I'll be waiting four hours for a bowl of pasta (3 1/2 hours thinking about it on the couch time, 20 minutes prep and 20 minutes actual food cooking).

This is why I make pesto. Pesto, chicken, green pepper, broccoli, and a couple of spices mixed in with your choice of pasta is a 20 minute meal.

How did you decide on "Shithouse Dave" as a username? I've always kind of wondered.

moose face posted:

I feel like I am falling into an infinite black void

Break-ups are difficult and often lead to that feeling. Get out of your house and go hang with a friend, or even just do some sit-ups and watch the dumbest thing you can think of on TV. Gotta stay out of your head.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hey op - gently caress off

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
woke up around 2pm, watched the following movies: near dark, thief, hackers. ate a tuna salad sandwich followed by a second tuna salad sandwich (natch) and now i'm browsin the gibbis and replyin to your interesting thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

gnarlyhotep posted:

I hope to god you're not over 20 years old

21, only started working when I was 20 which was a mistake, so I don't have any marketable skills yet. Going to move out in June though so i'm taking steps at the very least

• Locked thread