Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

RBX posted:

Unless he's retarded Regins wasn't "resorting" to anything. If anything he was just being a dick and smug while playing to the crowd. Like he wasn't even bad tonight and heeled it up pretty good so why are people still crying about him when they don't even know whats gonna happen Sunday.

I actually think Roman was great tonight too. Reigns great, Bryan also great. We agree there. Nowon's general point was that unless WWE is finally learning to be subtle, which even i, King poo poo of Positivity gently caress Mountain, hesitate to believe, Reigns was getting very mild cheers while pulling out tons of tricks, and Bryan was pointing. I do think they're leaning towards turning Roman tweener/heel and anyone who watches WWE and thinks they're turning Bryan is an idiot, but I also believe WWE wanted Reigns to get cheers while loving with Bryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

They didn't photoshop this one. idgi

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Still laughing at the absolute confused silence from the crowd at PTP's glorious reunion

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I actually think Roman was great tonight too. Reigns great, Bryan also great. We agree there. Nowon's general point was that unless WWE is finally learning to be subtle, which even i, King poo poo of Positivity gently caress Mountain, hesitate to believe, Reigns was getting very mild cheers while pulling out tons of tricks, and Bryan was pointing. I do think they're leaning towards turning Roman tweener/heel and anyone who watches WWE and thinks they're turning Bryan is an idiot, but I also believe WWE wanted Reigns to get cheers while loving with Bryan.
No they are kind of killing both of their heat by doing this shades of grey bullshit

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

StarkRavingMad posted:

Still laughing at the absolute confused silence from the crowd at PTP's glorious reunion

they did nothing and never won the titles. I love the Prime Time Players and I've wanted them back for a long time but I know I'm in the minority

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

they did nothing and never won the titles. I love the Prime Time Players and I've wanted them back for a long time but I know I'm in the minority

Titus botched half a dozen times in less than a minute.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

achillesforever6 posted:

No they are kind of killing both of their heat by doing this shades of grey bullshit

The desire to see them brawl and literal chants of LET THEM FIGHT says otherwise.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

MotU posted:

Papa Shango was one of my favorite wrestlers as a kid along with IRS and Bam Bam Bigelow and I am not sure if that means I had good taste or bad taste

I stand by IRS being a better wrestler than either of his sons at least. Shango wasn't good but he was at least super duper over. My opinion on BBB varies a lot, he was much better IMHO after he wen't to Japan.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Sono posted:

I like Titus and want him to do well but man does he stink.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

If they do some shades of grey bullshit on ppv it'll definitely get uh, some buys, I guess? I think that movie's doing pretty okay right now.

Roman'll probably win, be too green to really deal with the whole belt situation in general, we'll get a new champ around summerfest and everybody young and fresh can go back to hovering around the mid-upper card again for eternity. Same old, same old.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Sono posted:

Titus is a really, really awful wrestler but is good on the mic. Darren Young kind of has the opposite problem and maybe I'd transition this from the Prime Time Players to Titus managing Darren Young in a midcard role some time down the road.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I stand by IRS being a better wrestler than either of his sons at least. Shango wasn't good but he was at least super duper over. My opinion on BBB varies a lot, he was much better IMHO after he wen't to Japan.

I'm from NJ so if Bam Bam isn't my favorite wrestler I am garbage so. . .

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Well, plus WWE did nothing at all to set this up. Like even the set up between Darren Young and the Ascension was only on the pre-show. If they had spared a minute a week or so ago to have Darren run into Titus backstage and go "hey, we used to team and I know things didn't end good but no hard feelings" and Titus just walk off without saying anything, and then recap that tonight and do the Ascension set up on the main show...maybe there's a chance the crowd would have some clue what the gently caress was happening. But that's probably not worth the time to Creative.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

electric funeral posted:

I like Titus and want him to do well but man does he stink.

PTP don't have to be good they just have to

Arrive

Wrestle a bit
Leave

I think they'd both be happy with that just from how good friends they seem to be.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Titus is a really, really awful wrestler but is good on the mic. Darren Young kind of has the opposite problem and maybe I'd transition this from the Prime Time Players to Titus managing Darren Young in a midcard role some time down the road.

Titus is great at every single thing to do with wrestling besides actually doing wrestling moves in the ring.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

More likely to have a gently caress finish:

a) Reigns/Bryan

b) Cena/Rusev

c) DOUBLE DOWN SON! :whatup:

WWE B-PPV? I'm mashing c as hard as I can.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Titus is great at every single thing to do with wrestling besides actually doing wrestling moves in the ring.

but he can also bump and that's why he's would be a good manager

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Does anyone remember the good old days, when Stone Cold pissed on Arn Anderson?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bam Bam once ran into a burning building to save people from a fire. Also he had neat matches with Taz.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

In an ideal world, Titus would be the guy that does as little as possible in the ring while Darren works through most of the match. Let Titus get the hot tag that sets up for his finish or their tag finish.

Something I don't get is people thinking that they are booking Dean that badly, sure he's in the midcard, but I'm enjoying this little feud with BnB

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Sex Robot posted:

Oh god, It's finally happening I'm losing my mind

Dude I don't know what you are talking about.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Darren Young is back and I am so happy about that

disappointed that he got almost no reaction but hey maybe we'll get MILLIONS OF DOLLARS back

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Or getting into the ring. Or getting out of the ring.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

:getin:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

We've found the next Kevin Nash!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

TheJoker138 posted:

We've found the next Kevin Nash!

yeah but we've known this about roman reigns for awhile now

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

yeah but we've known this about roman reigns for awhile now

:drat:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
So Sheamus is coming back to screw DB at Fastlane right?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Roman Reigns loving sucks

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

KungFu Grip posted:

I am legit laughing out loud

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I love roman's dueling chants, that is all.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hi. Haven't been watching RAW for awhile so I'm not invested. I just FFed through it to see if anything caught my attention like I usually do. Flair did so that left me with a question.

What the hell is going on with HHH's forehead? Did I imagine it or did it seem like something was trying to come out of it? Anyone?

Also, was there some kind of buildup to that Primetime Players reunion or am I right in thinking that was super lazy booking? Seemed like Young shows up on TV for the first time in forever with a literally unnamed jobber, Ascension attack them, Titus runs out like he was waiting to reunite the team. Was there any kind of buildup in past weeks or anything or was that really as low effort as it seemed to be to me?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Humphrey Vasel posted:

I love roman's dueling chants, that is all.
His position as 'New Cena' is now confirmed. All we need now is the announcers to say 'controversial' 10 times a week and we're set.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They just rushed through reforming PTP because they're low on face tag teams, and the two work better together and there's no point to dragging out a reunion when it wouldn't have gotten a large pop either way.

It's essentially just getting them together as quickly as possible so they can move on to getting the audience to remember/like them again.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
oh no what's going to happen to Slater :effort:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Perigryn posted:

His position as 'New Cena' is now confirmed. All we need now is the announcers to say 'controversial' 10 times a week and we're set.

and for the pro-reigns contingent to be a lot larger because he does not get as much of a reaction as cena either way

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

and for the pro-reigns contingent to be a lot larger
And higher voiced.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

NutritiousSnack posted:

So Sheamus is coming back to screw DB at Fastlane right?

Finally that Daniel Bryan Sheamus match Vince has wanted for years!

Also it's weird to me they're adverse to doing the same thing as last year with Bryan but this would be his second Sheamus match at mania (3rd if the one didn't turn into a Khali won battle royale)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

STAC Goat posted:

Hi. Haven't been watching RAW for awhile so I'm not invested. I just FFed through it to see if anything caught my attention like I usually do. Flair did so that left me with a question.

What the hell is going on with HHH's forehead? Did I imagine it or did it seem like something was trying to come out of it? Anyone?

Also, was there some kind of buildup to that Primetime Players reunion or am I right in thinking that was super lazy booking? Seemed like Young shows up on TV for the first time in forever with a literally unnamed jobber, Ascension attack them, Titus runs out like he was waiting to reunite the team. Was there any kind of buildup in past weeks or anything or was that really as low effort as it seemed to be to me?

Codependent Poster posted:

They just rushed through reforming PTP because they're low on face tag teams, and the two work better together and there's no point to dragging out a reunion when it wouldn't have gotten a large pop either way.

It's essentially just getting them together as quickly as possible so they can move on to getting the audience to remember/like them again.

Actually, more like Darren Young was outspoken against the WWE touring in Saudi due to their homophobic policies, and then they forced him to take down the tweets he made, so to placate him they're putting him back on TV with Titus, where he wont do anything but maybe get an early win or two, but really he'll be used to lose to the Ascension.

I mean that's my guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cool. Thanks.

So what the hell was going on with HHH's head? Was I seriously the only one disturbed by that? Dude had like back neck fat on his forehead or something. For awhile I thought his forehead was trying to cut its own promo. Did I imagine that?

• Locked thread