Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

joker is played out and bullshit the only interesting supervillain is stiltman or possibly dr doom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
The people I drink with on thursdays watch this. Dunno why, never asked them. Always assumed it was some kind of nerd thing.

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
who is this show about if not batman? if i am a whedonite i'll like this? :mrgw:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Phoon posted:

joker is played out and bullshit the only interesting supervillain is stiltman or possibly dr doom

Where's Egghead, that's what I wanna know.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
this guy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

King Vidiot posted:

Where's Egghead, that's what I wanna know.

chasin hodgeheg

POWERBALL
Feb 16, 2012

by zen death robot
this thread made me check out gotham. thanks!

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
This just in: Goons hate everything

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Goons hate everything that other goons like, and they love being vocal about how much they hate it. They'll watch a show for 5 seasons just so they can go into a TVIV thread and go "Hey guys I've been watching this show since the beginning and it always sucked and I hate it and I hate all of you for liking it. I'm just trying to understand what all the hype is about."

And they will post this same thing verbatim in every new thread for the show.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

They sometimes like things they think goons wouldn't like.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i havent seen this show, i just think it sounds very dull

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
I mean I agree, Gotham sucks, but my point still stands

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

King Vidiot posted:

Goons hate everything that other goons like, and they love being vocal about how much they hate it. They'll watch a show for 5 seasons just so they can go into a TVIV thread and go "Hey guys I've been watching this show since the beginning and it always sucked and I hate it and I hate all of you for liking it. I'm just trying to understand what all the hype is about."

Never understood people like this or the ones who go "the first three seasons are terrible but season 4 is so awesome!!"

Why would I invest my time in a linear narrative that's bad for hours on end to get to "the awesome" bit?? :shrug:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The ham is actually a good cop show, you are all wrong about it being bad.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

King Vidiot posted:

well, TV IV is a special breed of badgoons. like for awhile there, you could get probated for saying anything about Girls and you better like it!!!

anyways, i don't look there much but i remember noticing most people in tviv being rabid fans who show up the second you say anything negative about a show, even the most shittiest poo poo (i.e. helix) you'll find people defending that. i think a more exact comparison would be goons on game of thrones where they read all 5 10,000pg books and watch every single episode while saying how bad it is because gasp, other people like it!

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Batman tv show and no King Tut I ain't watching voted no.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

gannyGrabber posted:

The ham is actually a good cop show, you are all wrong about it being bad.

It's actually pretty terrible because of the supervillain poo poo, but I like to think that the guy who plays Gordon could be good on an actual detective show.

It's bad, like young adult novel, only a show, bad. Adults should be embarrassed if they watch it and say it's good.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
I like a lot of things but this show is really terrible and dumb and bad in a lot of ways it's ok to like bad thigs it's ok to have no taste don't get mad because other ppl have standards of quality for the media they consume it's not their fault

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Professor Shark posted:

It's actually pretty terrible because of the supervillain poo poo, but I like to think that the guy who plays Gordon could be good on an actual detective show.

It's bad, like young adult novel, only a show, bad. Adults should be embarrassed if they watch it and say it's good.

Yeah, like I said, I agree, Gotham is terrible. That was more for when people started going "Also, all these other shows suck." Goons are hate-filled monsters

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
http://batman.wikia.com/wiki/Gotham_High

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Xaris posted:

well, TV IV is a special breed of badgoons. like for awhile there, you could get probated for saying anything about Girls and you better like it!!!

anyways, i don't look there much but i remember noticing most people in tviv being rabid fans who show up the second you say anything negative about a show, even the most shittiest poo poo (i.e. helix) you'll find people defending that. i think a more exact comparison would be goons on game of thrones where they read all 5 10,000pg books and watch every single episode while saying how bad it is because gasp, other people like it!

lol I remember when Terra Nova was on and, despite my being really excited for it, the show sucked and they were losing literally hundreds of thousands to millions of viewers each episode, so I said something like "man this show had a lot of potential but I can totally understand why it's hemorrhaging viewers in the 6-7 digits" and had a poo poo load of responses like "gently caress you this show is just finding it's core audience" and "yeah "hemorrhaging" loving idiot :rolleyes:"

It made me pretty happy when the show was :aaa: CANCELLED BECAUSE OF LOW VIEWERSHIP :aaa:

Professor Shark fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 18, 2015

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

This killed my parents.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I watched the first 2-3 episodes just to give it a fair shake. The cinematography is really good, but man there's nothing else there to like. Bruno Heller was involved with Rome, which is one of my favorite shows. But drat. They really should have made a Gotham Central show instead.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
Comic book garbage for children

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
It started off as a bad dumb shot but it's decent now so I guess what I'm saying is you're all obese virgins.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Xaris posted:

Here's my impression of TVIV:

Thread About a Bad Show: Haha, this show sucks so much I can't believe how low it's sunk since the first season! Can't wait to tune in next season!
Thread About a Popular Show: Hey guys did you notice this thing that just happened, I predict that (gives away the ending).
Thread About a Good Show: *crickets chirping*

Simstim
Mar 16, 2005

You just gave me a great idea buddy.

Zzulu posted:

comic book tv shows and movies would be better if we saw these superhumans in some gratuitous sex scenes

next guardians of the galaxy, alien sex orgy in the spaceship

poorlifedecision
Feb 13, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I dunno OP but there are like 5 and a half million of them weekly on average.

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
5 and a half million gay babies the new hit situation comedy by famous television impresario charles chaim lorre

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Geeky girls. The same ones that watched angel and buffy back in the day. Agent carter, shield, and the flash also fall into this category.

I agree except for the Flash. You haven't actually watched the Flash yet, have you? The show strikes a great balance between Barry Allen's everyday life and his Superhero persona. The Flash is actually awesome.

The Flash made Captain Cold a legitimate bad guy.

Or were you talking about the post Burton-Batman Flash from 1990?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
i watch it because i hate superhero poo poo but good luck finding anything new that isn't about superheroes these days and at least there's way less gay lords running about in spandex on this show and its rly just a o.k. detective show set in a superhero universe

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
caught a couple eps of the flash and it was as rad as a smallville clone can be but im not an epic fagtard/gay baby so i don't like keep up wih it or anything

fanged wang
Nov 1, 2014

by Ralp
if you like lovely detective shows and homo infant crap but hate superheos allow meto reccommend a little show called true detective

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
if you arent down with the Flash you are some kind of communist shitsucker who who hates fun and is dumb, just fyi

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
*in human being nerd voice*
I agree except for the Flash. You haven't actually watched the Flash yet, have you? The show strikes a great balance between Barry Allen's everyday life and his Superhero persona. The Flash is actually awesome.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It's a decent detective show :byodood:

Then why not watch A GOOD DETECTIVE SHOW

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wizard Master posted:

*in human being nerd voice*

lol

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Flesh Forge posted:

it has this in it

iron goatse

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW
the only television i watch is tosh.0, south park, and sports