Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Enterprise was bad bc there was singing in the opening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
i never saw taht show but i heard it really went off teh rails after 9/11 happened

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I was there, man. It was worse than you know.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

duck monster posted:

edit: And the only loving holodeck scene in the whole series was when they met the sparkly aliens with the bad atmosphere and the tucker got stomach pregnant

Looks like someone skipped the finale.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

pik_d posted:

You should skip the finale, it was dumb as hell.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Everyone orders booze except for Harry, who chooses the house red.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

pik_d posted:

He must be good at taking advice.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

So Chakotay's working on his second martini,
Kim is sipping red wine, doctors got water,
the pilot guy has a vodka tonic, and Neelix (?) with white wine?

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

cakehole i'll see you in hell...

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

O'brien getting owned by a domineering asian wife was the most realistic thing about DS9

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Everyone orders booze except for Harry, who chooses the house red.

Where's the doctor's drink?

Also, Wang has like 3 glasses of water.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Anyone have that image macro that lists all the episodes where O'Brien suffers?

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
ensign paris got fat

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Upon further analysis, there must be a person missing from this picture - the person taking the picture.

Who could it be?

If you magnify and enhance on the window reflection, I think you'll find the answer.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Picardo's finest role.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Kinda of weird, right? His biggest roles have been as an animatronic cab driver and a holographic doctor.

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

this picture perfectly sums up my existence i am a disheveled arnold who doesn't know whats real anymore and the gay cab robot is my career reveling in my helpless state

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

i wish arnie was in star trek

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Glasgow Kiss posted:

i wish arnie was in star trek

He already had a Shakespeare film adaptation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Evdkh5yv6gA

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Ah, prosthetic foreheads - is there no alien you cannot create?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Hector Beerlioz posted:

All treks are super bad

Tos and tng just managed to ride the coattails of the 60s and late 80s zeitgeists to achieve their popularities. Like if everyone wasn't so jazzed up about future moon colonies and poo poo tos would've just been a mediocre program capable of impressing nobody with its null budget effects, hammy acting and storylines preachy even for the 60s. If everyone wasn't so optimistic and cheery about good guys winning without violence tng would've been just a dull hour of sterile but polite humans having effete adventures mostly involving a patient captain husbanding a young but white steve urkel being played by wesley crusher.

Enterprise and especially Voyager had nothing else to buff their minimal appeals, no big exterior push, so both live in infamy as lovely franchise entries even though on paper both are bog standard trek programs.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

duck monster posted:

Enterprise owned. Nobody knew what they where doing, but that was in fact the loving premise because its inexperienced astronauts flying seat of the pants on babys first deep space ship and its held together with gaffa tape and staples with a warp drive nailed to it and has a loving grappling hook (Seriously they should have used that grappling hook for loving dudes up every episode because that poo poo is awesome). And basically the whole things seat of the pants.

It also felt a bit more like people having jobs, rather than the icky middle-class feel of TNG (Seriously would space dudes sit around watching robots play classical music? No, they'd be smashing cunts with a grappling hook).

you said it way better than I did

also there were no badge communicators or transporters so they had to punch a button on the wall to talk and take shuttles down to planets

AND THEY LIKED IT :corsair:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

redshirt posted:

Ah, prosthetic foreheads - is there no alien you cannot create?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gnarlyhotep posted:

you said it way better than I did

also there were no badge communicators or transporters so they had to punch a button on the wall to talk and take shuttles down to planets

AND THEY LIKED IT :corsair:

Until their transporters worked just like the rest of Trek and their ablative armor or whatever was just as effective as shields and they found a holodeck and literally Archer is like a mirror-mirror retarded Kirk.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

redshirt posted:

Until their transporters worked just like the rest of Trek and their ablative armor or whatever was just as effective as shields and they found a holodeck and literally Archer is like a mirror-mirror retarded Kirk.

it's almost like the show threw out the only compelling thing about the premise.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

etalian posted:

it's almost like the show threw out the only compelling thing about the premise.

At least the show had a big tittied Vulcan. Like the original.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

redshirt posted:

At least the show had a big tittied Vulcan. Like the original.

rubbing gel on vulcan booty is required to advance the plot

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

etalian posted:

rubbing gel on vulcan booty is required to advance the plot

Lol don't forget Porthos also once got lubed up.

The future! Not your father's trek!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Hi, I'm Travis Mayweather, the ship's ace pilot! I'm just gonna go stand over there and not say anything for four seasons.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the best star trek crew was the Galaxy Quest one.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

redshirt posted:

well you would know better than me since you're basically aatrek jr

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

gnarlyhotep posted:

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

hard counter posted:

All treks are super bad

Tos and tng just managed to ride the coattails of the 60s and late 80s zeitgeists to achieve their popularities. Like if everyone wasn't so jazzed up about future moon colonies and poo poo tos would've just been a mediocre program capable of impressing nobody with its null budget effects, hammy acting and storylines preachy even for the 60s. If everyone wasn't so optimistic and cheery about good guys winning without violence tng would've been just a dull hour of sterile but polite humans having effete adventures mostly involving a patient captain husbanding a young but white steve urkel being played by wesley crusher.

Enterprise and especially Voyager had nothing else to buff their minimal appeals, no big exterior push, so both live in infamy as lovely franchise entries even though on paper both are bog standard trek programs.

gently caress off, mate.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

gnarlyhotep posted:

lol.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

opus111 posted:

gently caress off, mate.

The movie reboots would've been pretty lame by any standard too but luckily hollywood has a rock hard warp core edging to breach for anything nostalgia right now. They're willing to suck off any proven nerd franchise because that poo poo'll make bank guaranteed, given current trends. So don't worry, you can expect to see more of Nimoy and the Shat re-releasing their greatest shits come next year.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

hard counter posted:

The movie reboots would've been pretty lame by any standard too but luckily hollywood has a rock hard warp core edging to breach for anything nostalgia right now. They're willing to suck off any proven nerd franchise because that poo poo'll make bank guaranteed, given current trends. So don't worry, you can expect to see more of Nimoy and the Shat re-releasing their greatest shits come next year.

I think the new films are terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

gnarlyhotep posted:

In that case have some sympathy for someone who was clearly molested growing up until he 'lost his looks'.

• Locked thread