Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:LP Halted due to technical issues:siren:

Video Confido - The X-CAM Story. Let's Play The Movies!

What?

The Movies is a management game where you take control of a movie studio at the dawn of the movie industry. It was made by Lionhead Studios, the same guys who made the Black and White series.

No, what's with the X-Com stuff?

Oh, I really wanted to do an XCOM: Enemy Unknown LP, but there's already quite a few, and they're way better done than I could do, so I opted to do something far more ridiculous. :v: Also I use character interaction as a writing crutch.

Do we actually get to see the movies?

Yep! Every movie that is made is actually randomly generated, and 'filmed' in real time. As a result, the game becomes a time simulator as well, since each person does their thing in real time. Crews need to move between sets, Actors can be off getting wasted while they're supposed to be on set, and if you're terrible at making paths, your people can just straight up get lost.

Don't expect any MLG pro The Movies gameplay, but one thing I will not accept is bad pathways :colbert:

:siren:All movies will be released on this youtube channel:siren:

Update 0 - You Blew It
Update 1 - Three Weeks Later
Update 2 - Staging Area
Update 3 - Something About Awards
Update 3A - Meta Stuff

Danaru fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Update 0 - You Blew It

"The inability of this project to maintain the support of several crucial council members has greatly reduced the effectiveness of both entities."
"He sounds serious this time."
"This entire undertaking was the product of an ill-conceived plan... a series of simple... misunderstandings, met with an... overzealous... response.

"We believe the best course of action now is to cooperate with the aliens, for the... betterment... of all mankind."
"...Oh no"
"We are of one mind about this. The path ahead... is clear..."

"Yo, Biggie and I installed a minifridge in the Skyranger, anyone who touch... wait why is the big screen off?"
"Commander, the Council..."
"The council just shut down the X-Com project. It's over."
"Oh what the hell, why?"
"It could be the terror mission in India that you ignored."
"Well maybe I'd help them if they'd stop harbouring anti-X-Com terrorist groups."
"They might have found out about that alien base you let stay in Germany."
"You mean the Elerium mine? If we destroy the base, they'll stop sending supply ships, and we won't be able to loot the place anymore."
"What about that package you sent to the Kiryu-Kai?"
"Look, I didn't know Thin-man heads could still explode into poison after they were cut off. That sounds like something that should have come up during the autopsy."
"It did."
"Alright I'll admit I don't read them, I just skip to the technology bonus."
"It doesn't matter now. The X-Com project has failed, the aliens have won the war..."

"...Wait, why?"
"Huh?"
"Why do we lose? We still have all of our soldiers, all of our weapons, armour, aircraft. Why would we stop fighting now?"
"We no longer have support from the Council."
"gently caress the council. We have so much Elerium stockpiled that I considered building a throne out of it, we've got enough firepower to bring down a non-super power nation, I've been embezzling cash pretty much this whole time so we've got some fat stacks to fall back on, we don't need no drat council telling us what to do."
"...Wait, you've been what?"
"Commander, I think I have an idea."
"Biggie, my man, what's up?"
"Before becoming a pilot, I wanted to get into the movie industry, so I impulse bought a large plot of land in California."
"You impulse bought a plot of land?"
"My grandfather's last name was Vanderbilt. In any case, we can use it since we're probably going to be bombed to hell in a bit, what with the aliens controlling the people who know where we are."
"Movie industry eh...?"
"We won't be able to build an underground base openly, we'd have to build it above ground. If we want to remain hidden, we'd have to disguise the compound somehow."
"You know, I think I might just know a way to solve our income problem AND create a plausable cover story at the same time."
"I've grown to become anxious when you get that look on your face."
"First things first, like Big Sky said, we're going to have some hell raining down on us before long. Bradford, call a Code Plaid."
"Code Plaid? I've never heard of a Code Plaid."
"Just do it. Time's at a premium."
"Alright, alright."
"If I may ask, Commander?"
"I figured this day would come, so I added a small part to new-hire orientation as insurance."
"Why didn't you tell us?"
"I honestly figured you three would betray me Julius Caesar style, I didn't think the council would fire us first."
"Commander! The soldiers are rioting! The engineers too! Everyone's rioting!"
"Good, Operation Fleece-And-Peace is a go. Grab everything you can get a hold of and scatter!"
"Skyranger's already running."
"Alright, Big-man, send the coordinates to everyone, everyone's going to bail out and individually make their way to Bravo Site"
"Wait, what's the plan? What do we do when we get there?"
"You ever acted before, Bradford?"
"I was in a high-school play once."
"Then we're gonna make you a star!"
"Here, I bagged up all the booze in the lounge, we'll take Bradford's car."
"You're just going along with this?"
"It's a better plan than whatever the aliens have waiting for us. Come on."
"Big Sky and I will do our best to coordinate the effort from the Skyranger. If we keep mobile, the aliens will be too busy trying to track us to notice the rest of X-Com. Get to the site and we'll be in contact."
"Not quite how I expected to take a road trip, but it looks like we're out of options."
"I'm driving."
"Shotgun."
"It's my car!"
"Don't care, hop in the back."
"Let's motor. We've got a planet to save."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Update 1 - Three Weeks Later

"They were on us for a long time, they're stubborn assholes, but a few days ago they seem to have given up."
"Did you see what they did to the base? Vahlen managed to reconnect to one of our satellites, it's just a giant pit now."
"Oh just wait, I'll show THEM a giant pit. ...or, wait..."
"Paperwork's done. I had to put the place in my name, since the land is in my name too, but the name and logo are the ones you ordered."
"Sweet, let's take a look."

"...Wait, THAT'S your real name?"
"Of course it is, you've been calling me that since I was hired."
"Well no, your callsign... Nevermind. It looks good."
"Commander, you're aware we're trying to hide from the aliens, right?"
"The same aliens that got tricked by a beacon set on a runaway train, yes."

"I'd like to report that several engineers have arrived safely. They've already started construction of our facilities."
"...So uh, about that thing up there saying it's 1920, what's that about?"
"There have been some... peculiar events occurring, I believe Doctor Vahlen knows a bit more."
"...Er... not... really. We're theorizing that the aliens are creating some sort of psychic wave over humanity. As a society we seem to be regressing through the decades. It's possible they're trying to revert our technology to an older state, making a takeover that much easier."
"Huh, so then why aren't we effected?"
"That may be due to the... well, to put it bluntly, when we first discovered meld, we did a number of broad experiments with it."
"...How broad?"
"...Well during physical check ups, sometimes we just hit people with a syringe of it to see what happens."
"What the hell?!"
"I mean, at that point we were pretty sure it wouldn't kill anyone. My point is everyone has trace elements of Meld in their bodies. It seems to interfere with the psychic effect."
" "What about those without meld in their systems?"
"That's... unlikely. There was this incident with the air exchanger, and..."
"You said you were researching a better exchange rate with the outside air."
"Well, I lie sometimes. In any case, the state of society is that of 1920. Everyone dresses, acts, and believes that way. It's caused some understandable friction."
"She's right, 1920 hasn't been too kind to us."
"That's funny, everyone's seemed pretty nice to me."

"As you can see, we've been making good progress. We don't have modern day technology beyond what we took from our old base, but we still have modern day knowhow."
" "I've seen them boys and girls put together a laser tank in a matter of days, I'm betting this is boring to them."

"You'll like this, commander. To the outside, it's a simple makeover department, and it functions as one too, however the roof will open to allow the Skyranger to VTOL and land. If anyone sees it, we can say we're doing some special effects. Due to the psychic wave, they'll forget soon enough anyway."
" "Slick."

"We've relocated the hologlobe and our operations systems inside the Stage School. We'll also be able to hand out actor identities and assignments from here."
"We're down to regular radar and satellite detection, by the way."
"That's right, I'm hoping someone made it out with the Outsider Shard that we used to make the Hyperwave Decoder. Otherwise we'll be hard pressed to detect anything."
" "That's rough. At least the aliens seem to think we're dead, so they don't care enough to look for the sats."
"We have no launch capability either, so let's hope it stays that way."

"Erm, Private Giorgio happened to get very excited when I brought up the logistics of food. Apparently operating a restaurant was a bit of a dream of his."
" "Dude. Does he have burgers?"
"I believe so. He operates a grill, and seems to specialize in fatty--"
" "Bradford, go get me a burg."
"Why me?"
" "Because I'll order Vahlen to give you a complete checkup if you don't."
"Yes sir."

"Here's our scriptwriting facility. Our server room is held in the basement here. We actually managed to connect to a few networks that the aliens missed, generally in hidden locations."
"Area 51 for example, so we still have access to important military data and the like."

"There are five genres we can write about. All things considered, Sci-fi might be our best bet to start with."
"Let's do that then. At least they'll be writing what they know."

"The Casting Office is where we'll rehearse and cast people for our films."
"What cool stuff does this one hide?"
"Nothing really. There's a couple lockers if you need to store something."
"Aw."

"Every movie will require these people. Depending on the size of the movie, there may need to be multiple lead roles and crew members. Extras are a bit different, it'll depend on what the script calls for."

"This is the crew facility. Right now we're using it to store our military equipment as well. We have three soldiers on crew duty right now, which should last us for a while unless we start filming movies side by side."
"More movies is more money."
"Please don't forget about the alien invasion."
"I'm back, here's your burger, Commander."
"Oh hell yes."

"Here's the prod...uction office, I see you've already been acquainted with it."
"I needed*gmph* a car. It'll appreciate in value *norf*"
"He parked like that at our old HQ too."

"We've hooked up to our HQ network to be able to do any movie related operations from here. This includes reviewing the finances, seeing the reviews and stats of the movie, and actually releasing them to the public."
"*gorph* Oh my god Private Giorgio is a loving artist."

"Our sets are still being worked on right now, but we have a script in progress, and the camera crew are ready to go. We just need some actors and directors now."

"*mgphh* Alright, I know just the guy!"

"Bradford! Get in there! You're an actor now!"
"Wait, me?"
"Wait, him?"
"That's right, get in there and get geared up. It's show time!"

"Is this wise?"
"Beggars can't be choosers. I need you two here helping me run the place, and we've still got X-Com units struggling to get here. This is an all hands on deck situation."
"I understand that, but--"

"...oh wow."
"pffheh"
"This is so worth the near annihilation."

"Alright, so as well as Bradford, we also hired Sergeant Byron Brazil as an actor. Apparently he went to film school before joining the military."
"Interesting. How many of these meters do I need to know?"
"They're mostly self explanatory. If the Work bars go below the line, they'll get in a bad mood. That'll effect both on film and off film missions. We can treat them with food or alcohol to improve their mood, but we want to be careful about them getting addicted."
"Alright cool. Experience is pretty obvious, but I know Brazil, he's not 22."
"Ah yes, to avoid confusion, the computer will show their fake age, the one given to make it seem like we're under the influence of the psychic wave. It'll look odd if we manage to weaken the wave, but our actors don't look any older."
"Wait, but the common people won't age."
"Yeah, but they aren't forever immortalized on film, and therefore comparable to what they looked like before."
"...This psychic crap is getting confusing."
"All the more reason to find a way to stop it."

"We assigned Squaddie Lynette Brookes as a director."
"Did she go to film school too?"
"Nope. Youtube Let's Player."
"...Beggars really CAN'T be choosers, can they?"
"You might notice Brookes' physique is far lower than Brazil's. This isn't as important for directors since they aren't on screen during the movies."
"How exactly does the computer track all these stats?"
"...Alright so you might have more than just meld in your bloodstream."
"Oh my god those nanomac--"
"MOVING right along!"

"Our sets are coming along nicely. We have a sci-fi set already build as our top priority, considering we have a script for it in progress."
"Man, those engineers move quick."

"We also have a cellar set for horror movies, and a wild west saloon set. Just in case."
"Hey, what's up with the script icon?"
"Oh good, the script is finished."

"...Oh, the script calls for an extra."
"Well we can put Brazil as the extra, can't we?"
"We could, but we might be better off just hiring a new extra, in the mean time Brazil can practice."

"Alright I snagged Private Blenkinsop out of the Crew sign up."
"I see, while the person in the acting school lineup has skills already, someone without experience can do just fine as an extra. Good thinking."
"Actually I just remember Blenkinsop panicking a lot, so he doesn't get to be what he wants to be."

"There we are. Rehearsal should be wrapped up soon, and we'll be ready to go."

"I took the liberty of hiring Squaddie Lane as a director. Now that we have both an actor and a director that have comedy experience, we should consider writing a comedy script next."

"And rehearsal is finished."
"This should be a treat. Bradford's first movie."
"Frankly it'll be interesting to see just what kind of movie we can make."

"Wow, is that REALLY the equipment we have?"
"Unfortunately, that's all anyone is making now. Once my scientists begin showing up, we should be able to research better video equipment."
"But we're 'future people'. Can't we just make modern stuff?"
"Do you know how to build a camera from scratch?"
"...Alright point taken."

Brazil and Lane are brushing up on their comedy, since we're planning on a comedy movie next.
"I have a feeling our current movie will be a comedy. Just not for Bradford."

"They dyed his hair blond?"
"The makeup department will be able to dye hair any colour they need."
"But it's a black and white movie."
"...heh heh."

"We assigned another writer, and they're now working on a comed-- oh come on Commander!"
"What!"
"We're already in debt! We just started!"
"It's just like back at the old HQ"
"It's FINE. We'll be raking in the dough once Bradford's movie is done."
"You really believe in Bradford?"
"...You're right, we might be screwed. Let's check up on them."

"..."
"They're almost done shooting. Maybe it'll make more sense in context."
"Oh, Commander, I have some good news. We'll be able to archive our movies remotely to the Area 51 servers. That means we can keep our own servers clear. I was worried we wouldn't be able to establish connection to that section."
"Didn't you say we already connected to Area 51?"
"Yes, but not previously to the Youtube servers."
"...The... wait what?"
"When the alien invasion began, Youtube's servers were moved to Area 51. That way we could quickly find any videos of alien activity and respond to them, as well as removing the videos to keep the public in the dark."
"...Er... do you mean..."
"It also allowed us to track down exactly who owned the account."
"...um... listen, if you happen to find any..."
"I won't tell anyone about your Strike Witches AMVs."
"...I always hated you the least. I want you to know that."
"Hey, you two, filming is finished."

"Sweet!"
"That comedy script finished too. The boys are calling it "King Con"."
"We can begin filming that once we release this."
"I think you're going to like this, Commander. We put a lot of heart and soul into this project."

"You better have. Someone got us in debt, so we have a lot riding on this."

"..."
"...gott in himmel"
"...We've doomed the planet, haven't we."

Danaru fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 20, 2015

Last Transmission
Aug 10, 2011

gently caress yeah, this idea is too stupid to possibly be poo poo!

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
I always wanted to play The Movies, seemed so strange but fun.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I was looking forward to this from the sandcastle, glad to see it make the light of day!

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cucka posted:

It's a pretty great game. I have fond memories of running my studio into the ground because I wanted a really killer horror flick :allears:

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I know absolutely nothing about X-COM (seriously, not a single thing aside from there being an alien invasion), but I know that this already looks magical. :allears: That movie was certainly something.

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010
I bought The Movies back when it came out and I had fun with it at the time, but the problem I mainly ran into was it just got REALLY repetitive real quick.

I'm looking forward to seeing this MAGICAL story to conclusion. :allears:

Seyser Koze
Dec 15, 2013

Mucho Mucho
Nap Ghost
This is already the best LP. :allears:

Also glad to see Shadowrun made it to the archive.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Okay, this oughtta be entertaining. I'm digging the meta-plot, such as it is.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
This is going to be incredible, I can feel it.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!
This is such a ridiculous idea that I have to see it continue.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
This is all one big UFO reference, isn't it? :v:

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011

FredMSloniker posted:

This is all one big UFO reference, isn't it? :v:

XCOM pretty much IS a huge UFO reference as a whole.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That was the greatest movie in human history.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
So was the movie incoherent because folks involved lacked skill in, well, anything, or is that just the way movies in The Movies turn out, or do you actually specify what happens in the movies and you went avant garde, or...?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

FredMSloniker posted:

So was the movie incoherent because folks involved lacked skill in, well, anything, or is that just the way movies in The Movies turn out, or do you actually specify what happens in the movies and you went avant garde, or...?

what are you talking about, it makes perfect sense

man, infamous for senselessly fighting amongst himself gains a glimpse of the infinite void beyond his home. left to conclude that he is the only thing alive, man succumbs to isolation and despair, destroying himself. in a tragic reveal, we are shown that man's perspective was flawed, in looking towards the stars he never noticed the other that lived amongst him the whole time, he was never alone at all.

beru04
May 4, 2013

Stop making me realise things.
Well this LP is already incredible :allears:

Also, I thought it was the first part of a Doctor Who regeneration episode personally...

Jalak
Nov 23, 2013
Unfortunately, you find out very quickly that all these sequences that make up the movies don't really convey what the hell is happening. It's best to just ignore the actual movies themselves and focus on the management. Still a unique concept, at least.

Although I do remember when my cousin put in two male leads in a romance movie without really thinking about it, leading to hilarious results. Don't know a lot of how romance movies went during the early stages of cinematic history, but I'd imagine something like that would be pretty controversial in the 1930's. Hell, we still have trouble with that sort of thing in movies right now.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

FredMSloniker posted:

All movies in the game are randomly generated from predetermined scenes. Basically there are a ton of scenes with certain slots ('main actor' 'extra 1' etc.), so depending on the genre, it picks vaguely appropriate sets, vaguely appropriate scenes, and cobbles them together using your actors. I plan on making up a stupid plotline for every movie that comes out like I did for Behold a Seventh Planet :v:

There technically is a way to custom make a movie, but we'll use it extremely sparingly or not at all. It's more fun to see what random bullshit the game spits out.

cucka posted:

Honestly, if any of you manage to find it in a bargain bin or something, I'd suggest giving it a go. It's a drat good game if you like goofy business sims, but it's old enough that you'll be hard pressed to find it :(

Seyser Koze posted:

This is already the best LP. :allears:

Also glad to see Shadowrun made it to the archive.

Oh sweet, it did too! :dance:

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010

FredMSloniker posted:

I'm sure Dan will go into more details (e: f,b), but from what I remember, regardless of the writers skill, if you let them run wild with it, what we just saw is very typical. If you, God, want to make the movie yourself, you can, to a degree. You can pick the stage(s) you use, what the actors are suppose to do, (with limitations and restrictions; it's not THAT open) and a few other little things in pre-production, then once the movie is shot, you can go in and add little things like subtitles/subtitle cards, I THINK you can chose the music used, and a couple other little things in post-production.

I'm not sure if this is a spoiler so I'll hide it for now: There is a sandbox mode where you can literally build anything/everything you want with infinite money and it's whole purpose is for people who want to make movies and not bother with the challenge of running a movie studio itself.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
I cry every time. It's art.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Huh, this looks neat. Is there any way to purchase this game digitally? It doesn't appear to be on Steam.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Oh good I still have time to catch up on Shadowrun before this gets too big and I lose track of everything again.

Btw this is a good gimmick, but I'd read an LP of The Movies either way. Always looked great, never played it.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I remember some people managing to make an actual short film with The Movies. At least I don't think it was a full length feature.

I also recall reading about someone who worked on AI on the game. But sadly, the dumber AI was already fully tested or something and little, if any, of that AI got put in. Wish I could recall where I read about it, it was an interesting look at game development.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This should be good. I have this game and played quite a bit, unfortunately the PC I played it on wasn't really up to the task so after about 45 minutes of playtime the textures on a lot things would disappear. :(
I ran the studio into the ground by making movies that took ages to film.

Are you playing this with or without the expansion?

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)

Kgummy posted:

I remember some people managing to make an actual short film with The Movies. At least I don't think it was a full length feature.

I also recall reading about someone who worked on AI on the game. But sadly, the dumber AI was already fully tested or something and little, if any, of that AI got put in. Wish I could recall where I read about it, it was an interesting look at game development.

Before Activision blitzed the site, there were a whole bunch of little shorts made with The Movies, but most of them were, honestly, a bit crap, even when dubbed (You can find people still uploading stuff made with The Movies here, although not all of them are actually made with the program.), not helping was the fact that custom camera angles were only available with the expansion, the promised mod tools never got released (And it's hard to find the unofficial mod tools now), and the official site, until it closed, was riddled with problems.

Still, looking forward to seeing what abominations the AI comes up with. :)

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

JamieTheD posted:

not helping was the fact that custom camera angles were only available with the expansion
That specifically was also made worse in some countries where they simply refused to sell the expansion. :mad:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I just can't get into Behold a Seventh Planet. It's way too cerebral and the Eisenstein-esque editing can make it difficult to tell the difference between what is real and what is an illusory product of the captain's increasing deranged, paranoid psyche. I can see why it's considered a classic, though.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Finally, proof that video games are Art.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk
I love you.

I hate you.

I will watch this and enjoy every last second of it. I loved playing this game, even more with the expansion.

I need to go find my discs and reinstall I think, if that even works...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I played this game a lot in my Freshman year. my greatest work was a Trek parody where a red shirt repetitively foils attempts by officers to get him killed for dramatic purposes. It was pretty fun to do even if it was super clunky and features that were clearly primary selling points took forever to unlock in the campaign.

If you go into it with the perspective of "I'm going to subvert a bunch of film staples" it can be really entertaining. If you try to make something 100% accurate to your original idea though it's one of the most frustrating games I've ever played.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

AriadneThread posted:

what are you talking about, it makes perfect sense

man, infamous for senselessly fighting amongst himself gains a glimpse of the infinite void beyond his home. left to conclude that he is the only thing alive, man succumbs to isolation and despair, destroying himself. in a tragic reveal, we are shown that man's perspective was flawed, in looking towards the stars he never noticed the other that lived amongst him the whole time, he was never alone at all.

I concur. Behold! A Seventh Planet! is an outstanding example of this emerging medium's capacity for exploration of the human condition. Director Lynette Brooks expertly uses cinematography and clever editing to immerse us in this world which seems to us simultaneously alien and familiar. C. O. Bradford's performance is similarly stellar. The pained expression on his face as he perforates his own vessel compels us to empathize with him, recognize our ipseity, and wallow in it. When we learn that Private Killeen was not alone on his vessel, we comprehend the true magnitude of the tragedy of his death. Though we mourn, we are uplifted and empowered to recognize the universal fellowship of mankind.

Behold! A Seventh Planet! is a hard act to follow, and I eagerly await future pictures from X-Cam Studios.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Welp, setting DA aside to play The Movies again. Time to make more space zombie movies.

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted
Hmm, X-Cam studios, and a movie that shows a human failing to defeat an alien. Well, its better anything that the other folks in EXALT has come up with. I will be looking forward to their next show.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

All the "related videos" are crazy fundamentalists discussing Revelations.

I'm not a big scholar, but I think that's what they call a good sign.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

grandalt posted:

Hmm, X-Cam studios, and a movie that shows a human failing to defeat an alien. Well, its better anything that the other folks in EXALT has come up with. I will be looking forward to their next show.

I now feel a desire to start up a rival thread for EXALTed Studios as they try to rebuild.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

64bitrobot posted:

I now feel a desire to start up a rival thread for EXALTed Studios as they try to rebuild.

I already thought about doing that :) Even started it up.

Edit: Just so you know, Windows 8.1 really hates this game. Can't do a custom script or any post-production. It just refuses to load.

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I already thought about doing that :) Even started it up.

Edit: Just so you know, Windows 8.1 really hates this game. Can't do a custom script or any post-production. It just refuses to load.

That edit is the most depressing thing I've heard all week.

• Locked thread