Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Bregor posted:

Broadcast just said they'd try to move Wilson up and down the lineup so expect the RWs to look wonky tonight? :shrug:

is Wilson still a useless poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Eric the Mauve posted:

You guys aren't gonna believe this, but Kris Letang took an open-look slapshot and missed the net

You won't believe this either, but the Penguins guys immediately commenced gushing over what an amazingly hard slapshot it was

that's nothing the Rangers announcers were gushing about how hard a McDonagh slapshot the other night was

I mean who are they fooling

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Tim Gleason is such a poo poo

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

that looked like a weak penalty on carolina, but also some bad penalty killing

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

communist kangaroo posted:

OVECHKINNNNNNNNNNNN

was it a one timer from the circle

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

does an ovechkin goal count if it isn't a one timer? maybe that's what they were reviewing

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

watching teams play the Islanders is hilarious. They're just so unprepared to deal with the constant forechecking pressure. Guys get the puck and just make all kinds of hilariously bad plays even when they have time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Ginette Reno posted:

It's pretty annoying when that's working. Sometimes the Pens can counter it by quick passing and turn that super aggressive forecheck into a lot of odd man rushes but haven't had much success with that this year.

I think the Habs have beat them a few times and i'm not surprised because trap and counter works so well against that style, especially if you have speed

Yeah it's effective for them and teams really have to be ready to move the puck well and give their teammates support...can't stand around in the defensive zone at all. I'm really curious to see how it pans out in the playoffs though since in a 7 game series opposing teams have time to gameplan around it

• Locked thread