Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Is this officially starting at midnight Pacific time?

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Love the Colbert cameo, but man is he written poorly. It was nothing like what he does on his show, and read off like someone writing for him who's never seen the show. I mean what host talks over the guest, gleefully throws two "man, did you know you suck?" questions at them, and then tries to offer up his own political commentary. And to the president?

For a show so well written, it was just really odd.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
So at least for the first three episodes, myself and roommates have decided they're ending every episode on some sort of hate.

ep1. Hate gently caress
ep2. Hate Breakfast
ep3. Hate Russia

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Episode 4: Hate Jesus

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
ep.5- Hate Unemployment!
ep.6- Hate Claire

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

You know I think our conservative viewers like Frank too much..... Anyway we can fix that?
Yeeah. Everyone in my house did a collective, "Uh-huh. So he's a Democrat?"

A few of us were dead set that Frank's big plan this season would be switching parties.

EatinCake fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 27, 2015

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
Finished it.

Huh. As a whole, there were a lot of small subplots that were interesting. The Putin guy was neat.

Overall this show is one giant arc of watching lovely people build a house of cards out of lovely actions and the inevitable repercussions for their actions. ...this season didn't really make out the characters to be any worse than they were previously, and as a result it just seems kinda unnecessary.

Happy to see Claire leave Frank, but I think the whole show would be more effective had they had everything fall out at once.

Also, Doug's character is brilliantly written, and I will watch this series in it's entirety to see karma destroy him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
ep.13 Hate Frank

I've begun watching the original British House of Cards... it's so. british. Within the first 5 minutes Frank is hunting birds with a dog.

• Locked thread