Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I wonder if it goes the Nixon route where he loses then comes back years later weirdly charismatic with a secret plan to save America while remaining totally sinister and constantly on the verge of unhinged

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The thing that was interesting about Doug was he gets a look at what normal happy human life looks like in some depth, even has sex with not a prostitute and has the opportunity to cash out but he turns his back on all of it for the worst addiction. Like Frank was always going to be a poo poo. Like Ribs guy said its like blaming a snake for having fangs but that's not Doug. He had a soul but he decided to sell it because he gets off on the power.

It did seem kind of excessive with Cassie though because he spends ages deciding not to kill her. Maybe he couldn't look her in the eye is all.

I forget but was he driving Rachel to the forest to kill her in season 1 or did she just misconstrue the situation and rock him from paranoia?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

To be fair I don't think any world leader would give a flying gently caress about videogame feminists or the angry neckbeards who harass them

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

It wasn't really luck that he won Iowa. He had Molly Parker beat the poo poo out of Dunbar in the debate while not looking bad and then threw her under the bus at the end which in retrospect was a retarded move. Obviously his awful economic plan and disaster in the middle east should have sunk him but I guess that's not a big deal in the universe of the show.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I thought it was neck and neck and he was a good bit behind before the debate?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

It was kind of almost montage like at that point so I wasn't paying as much attention. I thought getting the other woman candidate to shank her was a good tactic. The best I could think of without getting into dead hooker hijinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

If I was going to order shows about political corruption/incompetence in order it would go Boss, The Thick of IT and then House of Cards

• Locked thread