Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Finale Remark: That was abrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I just hope they don't use filler plots to drag this out until the ROI sours

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
Now that it's had time to sink, they really dropped the ball with S3. I wonder what kind of conditions they were working under?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

redcheval posted:

It was probably stone or at least wood. We have a few from when I did it as a kid and they're wood (those have a flat bottom though so I don't know what was up with the black egg).

Probably just designed for use with a stand. In my childhood rock collection, there's some mineral eggs with brass stands like that.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

dj_clawson posted:

Kevin Spacey underwhelmed me in that moment. I know he's better than that.

Loose lips sink ships. :colbert:

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
What did she think she was doing all these years? I guess this is supposed to be disillusionment or a midlife crisis or something.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Seeing Frank claw his way to the top was amazing. What does he do when he finally gets there? Yeah, the writers didn't know either.

Yeah, I won't be marathoning S4 after this.

If I were them, I would've pushed for something like any of these:

1) Frank sets out to make foreign heads of state his bitch
2) Frank sets himself up for post-presidency power brokering (Shadow President for Life)
3) Frank flies too close to the sun and has himself assassinated to replace the fall with lionization, a la JFK
4) Frank flies too close to the sun and has himself assassinated to pull the temple down on his head, a la Franz Ferdinand

The presidency isn't where the ladder ends and there's more interesting ways to fall off than turning into a putz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I know they used algorithms to help select House of Cards in the first place. Have they ever mentioned using algorithms to help write shows, too?

It would explain why the writing this season was all... the way it was.

• Locked thread