Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
Name a couple a couple justices just to be safe? It's not like running 2.5 terms after a resignation/assassination has ever actually been tested constitutionally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer
I enjoyed this year's card house, overall. The second to last scene had me leaning into the TV and practically on the floor in font of the TV like a child. It's hard to match 'knock, knock' for a closer, but if 'I'm leaving you' had hit closer to the Frank/Claire confrontation the finale would have been better. The intense Frank moment and the emotional cliffhanger seemed to be much tighter last year.

qbert posted:

Holy poo poo the product placement.

Monument Valley literally ends unemployment in America.

The Monument Valley placement felt pretty natural, aided by knowing that the Playstation placement in the last season wasn't paid. I can sorta work through someone in his 50s having a mildly 'unorthodox' video game addiction, and the idea of an insane, power-hungry VPOTUS playing CoD with 12 year olds was hilarious. The idea of anyone willingly using a Windows Phone is pretty hard to rationalize, though.

And, really, I don't know what it is about their product placement, but I can basically tell which of my friends hasn't gotten through the first few House of Cards episodes based on statuses about Microsoft products in House of Cards.

Additionally:

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Pussy riot was gooooooooood

ultramiraculous fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Feb 28, 2015

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Xoidanor posted:

The america works platform was also loving ridiculous, primarily because of it already having been tried in the real-world and it decisively not working as intended. The show portrayed it like it actually created new jobs. Meanwhile, in reality the private sector basically just use similar policy to replace non-subsidised employees with subsidised which effectively creates no jobs.

Yeah, the actual program details made me suspend my disbelief by force, essentially. It makes no sense. New Deal 2.0 is one thing. New Deal 2.0 + dismantling social security is just a Republican/Libertarian wet dream (just don't tell the voters). If they had slimmed it down to just being a FEMA-funded jobs program, it would have had the same plot effect and less of the :ughh:

• Locked thread