Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

jackyl posted:

seriously this is in a Costco ad
"33,500 total servings is 378 #10 cans of food" blah blah :words: "more than 1400 calories day for four people for a year"

so many questions

is that really one can of whatever it is per family per day

wtf is in those cans

who the gently caress would ever buy this

Real good bet that poo poo is specifically sold for mormons

Mormons are required to keep a certain amount of emergency survival rationsnso they can survive after the second coming.

I think there's a couple other kook religions that do it too. Jehjovahs witnesses maybe? I don't remember

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
i tried powdered eggs once, that poo poo is the worst

no wonder people make fun of british food, you had a whole generation raised on taht crap

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Rutibex posted:

you can do the same with a much cheaper plastic bag. cans are only useful because you can heat them up and cook the insides after they are sealed. for dried products they are just pointless

The canning process is cheaper, especially since cans can be made much bigger than plastic retorts.

Also lastic can't take as much temperature during packing and dependong on conditions breaks down faster, resulting in shorter shelf-lifes overall

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Feb 18, 2015

• Locked thread