Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
make him run for governor while he runs for president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
im uh, heheh, gay

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

agreed op

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

scott walker is about as smart and savvy as rick perry so i dont think you have much to worry about other than your state electing a retard again

WillKane
Feb 18, 2015

Nothing new under the sun.
Agreed, once the bright lights of the national spotlight really come on, I think Walker will be summarily relegated. Similar to what happened to Rick Perry. The national media is already starting to dig.

Butthead
May 31, 2011
Not sure who this dude is but I'm assuming he is rich and white, so I'm with you OP.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
politics is stupid, op

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Literal Carehaver posted:

im uh, heheh, gay

Your avatar is the most unnerving on this site

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Literal Carehaver posted:

im uh, heheh, gay

his gay yes.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
What's with all the Wisconsin threads in gbs lately? I guess there really isnt much to do here besides drink.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

packsmack posted:

What's with all the Wisconsin threads in gbs lately? I guess there really isnt much to do here besides drink.

flyover states like pretending they home some pull over the rest of the country

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

packsmack posted:

dont forget Wisconsin has uli.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

We tried once. Seems there's too many stupid old white fuckers and racist redneck shitbags still in the state. I was hoping they would have all left for North Dakota by now to "Done git rich wurkin' dem oil fields."

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013

Rambling Robot posted:

dont forget Wisconsin has uli.

The urban land institute? I don't know what uli means.

I guess we have les paul, harleys, and brats/cheese. Those are good things. Maybe wisconsin should have more threads. The burg thread was almost a wisconsin thread, due to our high percentage of fat people we know a lot about burgs.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
That recall was bullshit btw. It was a bunch of people who were butthurt over a guy that was democratically elected enacting his policies. Maybe you should have tried harder to not elect him the first time. Instead everyones time was wasted when he was predictably re-elected by the exact same people who voted for him and against him the first time.

spooky girlfriend
Oct 21, 2014

My fave Scott Walker moment is when someone prank-called him pretending to be the Koch brothers and recorded Walker being the stereotypically evil goober that he is.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

packsmack posted:

The urban land institute? I don't know what uli means.

correction, i made a mistake. fargo is not wisconsin.

uli is a video game and math genius.

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012
You go tell'em OP.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

packsmack posted:

That recall was bullshit btw. It was a bunch of people who were butthurt over a guy that was democratically elected enacting his policies. Maybe you should have tried harder to not elect him the first time. Instead everyones time was wasted when he was predictably re-elected by the exact same people who voted for him and against him the first time.

so working within the process to advance a political goal is ok for one group but not a second, different group that has different ideas?

Wank
Apr 26, 2008
Drift is pretty loving awesome. I can't get into Bish Bosch though.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
They already tried to recall him once and he won the recall election. This was after the massive protests and takeover of the capital building. Dude is bulletproof.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013

proof of concept posted:

so working within the process to advance a political goal is ok for one group but not a second, different group that has different ideas?

When you put it like that it sounds fine. But, lol if you actually think that recall ever had a snowballs chance in hell. He won the recall by 0.8% more than he won his first election. I had to listen to so many dumb political ads because of that.

I'd rather not think about how much the political process screws the average citizen for 364 days of the year. Then I'll go vote on the first Tuesday of November.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp

proof of concept posted:

My favorite part was when all the dems literally fled the state like petulant children to prevent a vote that wouldnt go their way. "working within the process" shut the gently caress up lol

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013

Hobohemian posted:

They already tried to recall him once and he won the recall election. This was after the massive protests and takeover of the capital building. Dude is bulletproof.

Congratulations they got enough people in one of the most liberal cities in the state to protest one of the most conservative governors.

Edit: this sounds hostile to hobohemian (pro username btw), but im really just making light of the sad actions that people thought actually mattered.

Fun wisconsin fact: the dome of the capitol building is the highest in the us (besides dc, can't have states getting too uppity). But it really isnt that big inside and doesn't take many people to "take over"

packsmack fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 18, 2015

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

The Wi capitol building is cool. I use to poo poo in their sweet marble stall bathrooms all the time.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

great-uncle lives in whitewater, he's mexicano as hell

go badgers

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
Yea I dont mean to be harsh but getting a large super liberal city to cough up a few hundred protesters against a R governer is literally nothing and they were nuts to think the recall had any chance. Reporting helped to make it seem bigger as most reporters are liberal and they have an interest in every thing they cover being a "big deal" so I thought it was a big deal at first. Then I took a sidelong stare at the poll numbers and laughed. It was a giant waste of time and political grandstanding where the dems came off way worse then where they started because of the recall and actually fleeing the state like idiots.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

/

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I recall him fondly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXrnuBJnYZ0

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
if there was ever a thread that needed a goatse this would be the thread

WHO IS MAN ENOUGH?!?!?!?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
my dick wiggles at the thought of that

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013

They have as much chance as barrett did.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

packsmack posted:

When you put it like that it sounds fine. But, lol if you actually think that recall ever had a snowballs chance in hell. He won the recall by 0.8% more than he won his first election. I had to listen to so many dumb political ads because of that.

I'd rather not think about how much the political process screws the average citizen for 364 days of the year. Then I'll go vote on the first Tuesday of November.

Their chances don't have anything to do with the nature of your initial gripe, you could have just copped to being annoyed with the circus from the get go rather than take a principled stand on the nature of the democratic process

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

My favorite part was when all the dems literally fled the state like petulant children to prevent a vote that wouldnt go their way. "working within the process" shut the gently caress up lol

haha oh yeah, that was a pretty slick move on their part imo, plus when things like that go down the dumbasses who can't comprehend that it's actually ok for both sides to use the rulebook against the other really come boiling out of the woodwork which is usually good for a few laughs

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Yea I dont mean to be harsh but getting a large super liberal city to cough up a few hundred protesters against a R governer is literally nothing and they were nuts to think the recall had any chance. Reporting helped to make it seem bigger as most reporters are liberal and they have an interest in every thing they cover being a "big deal" so I thought it was a big deal at first. Then I took a sidelong stare at the poll numbers and laughed. It was a giant waste of time and political grandstanding where the dems came off way worse then where they started because of the recall and actually fleeing the state like idiots.

The initial recall of the state senators was solid politics since it had gotten national attention by then. If the Republicans hadn't (smartly) worked to delay the elections a few weeks the Democrats might've even taken the chamber which would've changed the dynamic. But by the time it came to actually recall him it was pretty obviously an error, the polling wasn't good and the best candidate they could find was literally the guy he beat in the first place who, surprisingly, Walker was able to beat.

Did a lot of good for Walker's career though, now he gets to say "they tried to recall me and I won!!!"

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

TEAYCHES posted:

scott walker is about as smart and savvy as rick perry so i dont think you have much to worry about other than your state electing a retard again

let me tell you about wisconsin

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
Yes, I do recall scott walker.

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

I would have voted in the recall but I was too drunk to leave the house that day. Sorry.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

The Landstander posted:

But by the time it came to actually recall him it was pretty obviously an error, the polling wasn't good and the best candidate they could find was literally the guy he beat in the first place who, surprisingly, Walker was able to beat.

Yeah this was the icing on a total ape gently caress. Shame Feingold wouldn't pull Excalibur from tha cheese block, he had the name recognition and goodwill to maybe have pulled it off.

I signed the recall petition but can't find my name on the database they put up to totally not blacklist and intimidate polotical foes. Maybe the guy collecting signatures in my area was a Republican plant who shredded them? :iiam:

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

proof of concept posted:

Their chances don't have anything to do with the nature of your initial gripe, you could have just copped to being annoyed with the circus from the get go rather than take a principled stand on the nature of the democratic process

wow yea he sure could have done thst thing but he didn't

you're useless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013

BluPotato posted:

I would have voted in the recall but I was too drunk to leave the house that day. Sorry.

I blame you for everything.

• Locked thread