Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WillKane
Feb 18, 2015

Nothing new under the sun.
The biggest issue may have been that a strong majority in Wisconsin opposed the recall on procedural grounds. Walker did not campaign on all aspects of Act 10, so it wasn't simply the case that he was enacting policies he had campaigned on. While this motivated some swing voters, a larger chunk of independents disagreed with the recall procedure and preferred that he receive a full term. The recall election and last fall's election both had high turnout numbers for a gubernatorial election, which in some ways buoys Walker's claim to be able to garner broad support from an electorate. On the other hand, I'm not sure he would have been elected if he had to be on the ballot during a presidential election year. He's certainly not unique among Republican governors in that respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolek
May 1, 2003

How disappointed Amy Goodman must have been after that recall vote.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mr Big Sportsman, dresses like this then tries to cut all funding to our state parks

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013
To be fair you can't hunt in a state park. Maybe he only likes hunting.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
There are actually quite a few State Park hunting/trapping grounds in Wisconsin

You can also get elected governor if you wear blaze orange and say "Go Packers" enough

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
He recently refused to answer whether he believes in evolution or not. That alone makes him a pandering loving idiot.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

packsmack posted:

To be fair you can't hunt in a state park. Maybe he only likes hunting.

Sure you can if you follow the rules for doing so. The turdlicking texas shitlord he brought in as "deer czar" calls public conservation lands "the last bastion of communism" and wants to sell them all so it's not much of a stretch to call him out as an opponent of WI hunting traditions. He just has to put blaze orange on to get R votes it's yet another dumb thing about Wisconsin.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol when john kerry went hunting and he used a brand new shotgun, and the loving thing had silver furniture.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

spooky girlfriend posted:

My fave Scott Walker moment is when someone prank-called him pretending to be the Koch brothers and recorded Walker being the stereotypically evil goober that he is.

Please tell me there's audio of this.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Yea I dont mean to be harsh but getting a large super liberal city to cough up a few hundred protesters against a R governer is literally nothing and they were nuts to think the recall had any chance. Reporting helped to make it seem bigger as most reporters are liberal and they have an interest in every thing they cover being a "big deal" so I thought it was a big deal at first. Then I took a sidelong stare at the poll numbers and laughed. It was a giant waste of time and political grandstanding where the dems came off way worse then where they started because of the recall and actually fleeing the state like idiots.

the recall would have succeeded if they had timed it for the november elections and had a better candidate than tom barrett.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Nonsense posted:

lol when john kerry went hunting and he used a brand new shotgun, and the loving thing had silver furniture.

I'm a man of the people, enjoying the simple things - like hunting with my friends and my trusty Holland & Holland.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Please tell me there's audio of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBnSv3a6Nh4

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I met the guy who made that prank call once, he's a cool dude

He ran for Congress once

The Landstander fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 18, 2015

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

My favorite part was when all the dems literally fled the state like petulant children to prevent a vote that wouldnt go their way. "working within the process" shut the gently caress up lol

They were basically doing it in support of when Abraham Lincoln did it. No one actually expected anything to come out of it, and those that did were dumb as hell. (The Republicans crying about it)

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Philthy posted:

They were basically doing it in support of when Abraham Lincoln did it. No one actually expected anything to come out of it, and those that did were dumb as hell. (The Republicans crying about it)

lol expecting some slovenly republican to examine history

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
Really I'm just saying we do it to waste his loving time and resources, since he'll be trying to stage a national campaign as well, and I can only imagine it would be a pain in his rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
did walker end up with the koch bros billions of campaign financial aid money, or is it still undecided or a secret? i really do hope they throw that at either walker or rand paul

• Locked thread