Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

Yea I dont mean to be harsh but getting a large super liberal city to cough up a few hundred protesters against a R governer is literally nothing and they were nuts to think the recall had any chance. Reporting helped to make it seem bigger as most reporters are liberal and they have an interest in every thing they cover being a "big deal" so I thought it was a big deal at first. Then I took a sidelong stare at the poll numbers and laughed. It was a giant waste of time and political grandstanding where the dems came off way worse then where they started because of the recall and actually fleeing the state like idiots.

The initial recall of the state senators was solid politics since it had gotten national attention by then. If the Republicans hadn't (smartly) worked to delay the elections a few weeks the Democrats might've even taken the chamber which would've changed the dynamic. But by the time it came to actually recall him it was pretty obviously an error, the polling wasn't good and the best candidate they could find was literally the guy he beat in the first place who, surprisingly, Walker was able to beat.

Did a lot of good for Walker's career though, now he gets to say "they tried to recall me and I won!!!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
I met the guy who made that prank call once, he's a cool dude

He ran for Congress once

The Landstander fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 18, 2015

• Locked thread