Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I am going to:
revolt!
suffer in silence so I don't offend the Job Creators
cannibalism
Thunderdome janitor (until a robot takes that job)
View Results

• Locked thread
Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.

Why is she so dirty?? What's the deal??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
its art

:stare:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'm sliding into the uncanny valley

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm sliding into the uncanny valley

heeeey baby lemme get a look at that uncanny valley :pervert:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mange Mite posted:

sounds expensive, it's cheaper just to have your security guy send a couple of roughnecks with axe handles to beat up the subhumans

Except that a couple of roughnecks will tire after the first dozen of cracked heads, a humanoid drone can keep busting heads 24 hours with no breaks.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Robots already did take my job but it turns out that my bosses are all too lazy/stupid to run the robots so now I just do the same work in like two hours and just sit around the rest of the day

Sometimes the robots break down and they pay me extra to fix them

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
gently caress
eat
talk
sleep

am i missing anything?

oh

poo poo

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin
to take off your skin, And dance around in your bones!
I'm going to install the compliance chips in people's brains.

Work hard in the value mines, Wal-Man, and we activate your pleasure centers. Work badly and you'll be writhing on the floor until your next 20 hour shift.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Trochanter posted:

I'm going to install the compliance chips in people's brains.

Work hard in the value mines, Wal-Man, and we activate your pleasure centers. Work badly and you'll be writhing on the floor until your next 20 hour shift.

"They took my genitals. Can you make that better? There's a wire in my brain that simulates sexual pleasure when I greet people. That's all I have now."

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

EvilJoven posted:

I keep saying that the revolution will come as soon as most people can't afford cable.

or beer :wth:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Young Freud posted:

Except that a couple of roughnecks will tire after the first dozen of cracked heads, a humanoid drone can keep busting heads 24 hours with no breaks.

If you really need to break that many heads then your media guys are loving up.

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

Do what the proud aboriginals world wide did when their culture and system of reproduction was uprooted and destroyed, drink myself to death slowly.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Tsinava posted:

advanced robotic systems will probably bcome self aware and an AI will take over the world and force communism upon it. the uncompromising bourgeois would swiftly get killed by drones.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i plan on becoming a robot myself actually

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space
Use my last $20 to buy a decent knife and then stab other streetwalkers for their shoes and organs.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
won't affect me, as you can't automate my profession. :smuggo:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

what if in 10 years we have true AI? You are going to die poor in a concentration camp for poors just like the rest of us.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

A misanthrope posted:

what if in 10 years we have true AI? You are going to die poor in a concentration camp for poors just like the rest of us.

well i suppose if things get that bad there's always suicide. that's one thing they can't ever take away from you.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Robots already did take my job but it turns out that my bosses are all too lazy/stupid to run the robots so now I just do the same work in like two hours and just sit around the rest of the day

Sometimes the robots break down and they pay me extra to fix them

what do u do, if i may ask? in general terms. don't need to name the company.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I would have my robot life partner think up some good posts

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

well i suppose if things get that bad there's always suicide. that's one thing they can't ever take away from you.

use explosives and take out some self-checkout grocery store terminals when you do it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

the robots overheard you and to punish you and set an example to the other fleshlings they have extracted your brain and put it in a pain-jar where it will live on in agony forever

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

How can you be so sure? And failing that, the people who lose their jobs to automation are likely your clients, or your client's clients, or your client's client's clients. If those on the bottom have no money, those in the middle have less, and so have less demand for frivolities. What makes you so sure your skills will pay the bills when there's no demand for them?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Trochanter posted:

How can you be so sure? And failing that, the people who lose their jobs to automation are likely your clients, or your client's clients, or your client's client's clients. If those on the bottom have no money, those in the middle have less, and so have less demand for frivolities. What makes you so sure your skills will pay the bills when there's no demand for them?

Great point. I work in the media and our paychecks come from ad sales. It's a creative job and hard to automate (for now), but what happens when businesses close or are unwilling to spend money on advertising?

I'm going to put on war paint and go skin the Koch brothers. That's what happens.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
I will destroy the robots and take their jobs.

A misanthrope posted:

There's a theory that the reason we don't revolt right now (because income inequality really is ridiculous right now) is because there's not much difference between the quality of the life of a rich and poor person. A $400 refrigerator and $11,000 refrigerator will both keep your milk cold. Once people can't afford to eat, or get any kind of health care whatsoever, I see a growing need for your propaganda services.
What kind of poor person can afford a $400 fridge? $90 for a secondhand full-sized fridge.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

probably just lots of drugs tbh

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
I have many industry contacts in the robotics industry and am willing to use my influence to smuggle some meatsacks out of the rendering camps... for a few favors.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
I already work supervising a robot, its only a matter of time till it can supervise itself then I'm screwed

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

what do u do, if i may ask? in general terms. don't need to name the company.

they're calling it UX/UI design now

So, like, Wordpress + copypasting JavaScript, and you're "Senior" if you remember to look at it on your phone before publishing. It's a golden age I tell ya

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 19, 2015

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster
go postal until i am put down

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Profondo Rosso posted:

probably just lots of drugs tbh

On a related note I guess drug dealer is a job that won't get automated. Sadly all the ED-209s walking the streets will make it a much more dangerous career.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

A misanthrope posted:

On a related note I guess drug dealer is a job that won't get automated. Sadly all the ED-209s walking the streets will make it a much more dangerous career.

P sure the gangsters will just set up illegal vending machines, bottom row is all drop guns

Literal Carehaver
Oct 20, 2014

by Cowcaster

i love how those women are deeply engrossed like 'wow really makes you think'

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Secks Cauldron posted:

What kind of poor person can afford a $400 fridge? $90 for a secondhand full-sized fridge.

In the future you won't even have $90. You'll hide your dog meat in the snow outside the camp bunkhouse to keep it from spoiling. You'll die from typhus before you can eat it and the robot guards will find it during spring thaw.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

P sure the gangsters will just set up illegal vending machines, bottom row is all drop guns

Vending machines are also robots.

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin

A misanthrope posted:

Drugs will be ordered online and delivered by drone -think if Easy-E ran Amazon.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Trochanter posted:

Drugs will be ordered online and delivered by drone -think if Easy-E ran Amazon.

So it'll be gay and have AIDS?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Trochanter posted:

Oh hell you're right. I didn't even think of that.

loving robots :(

Trochanter
Sep 14, 2007

It ain't no sin

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

So it'll be gay and have AIDS?

Yes, all of it. The warehouse, the drugs, the drones. Ordering online will give you leukemia and a craving for cock on the spot. Like introducing crack to black neighbourhoods, it's a way to keep the riffraff in line :tinfoil:

Trochanter fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
shut up human being

• Locked thread