Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So wait, a group of cops and prosecutors decided to try and ruin a man's life... because he told one cop about a lawsuit? He wasn't even the one suing them! Literally shooting the messenger.

It's not only evil, but beyond petty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Why on earth does it seem like the default course of action for a cop is "Draw gun, scream at person"

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Going to go with the assumption that there was, in fact, no reaching for any gun.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ok there's no way that some cop wasn't covering for their rapist friend.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

About the only way that could be "reasonable" is if you work under the assumption that the mere presence of a black man means your life is in danger.

Admittedly, this does seem to be the policy for U.S police.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

FRINGE posted:

:ohdear: "I was stressed and trying to get to work and doing 50 in a 45."

:cop: "No problem! Accidents happen and I certainly dont want to take two days pay from you!"

A thing that no one expects to happen.

Actually if the speeding guy is a cop it does.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Yeah sometimes they're just racist and afraid of a black 10 year old boy

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Radbot posted:

Why does a peaceful protester have to answer for what a violent rioter does?

Because much like how a single shoplifting charge at 15 makes a black man deserve being shot unarmed by cops a single black protester breaking something means the entire movement is discredited.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Jarmak posted:

The driving manual has no legal significance. If the law says you can't use your high beams within 500ft then unless the laws makes an exception for signaling, which it doesn't, they can give you a ticket if you turn on your high beams within 500ft. of oncoming traffic.

Which, of course, means he deserved to die.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Jarmak posted:

Yes the conversation with the poster from CT, a different state then MI, about whether he can get pulled over for doing this in CT, is totally me secretly trying to say that because he broke a CT law while driving in MI he deserved to die, good catch.

Yes it does when you're excusing a cop for shooting someone over a petty potential traffic violation.

It doesn't matter if the kid broke any laws. No law he could have broken carries the penalty of "Dragged out of your car and shot seven times"

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Jarmak posted:

Okay, lol, next lets talk about jet fuel and steel beams.

Wait you actually believe cops when they say they "feared for their life" and "he reached for my gun"?

Especially when the camera was conveniently turned off before hand?

Hahahaha you have to be trolling.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Jarmak posted:

It wasn't turned off, it was knocked to the ground and broken when the kid attacked him, which you can see happen in the video. Also the photos of the cop's bloody face kind of speak for themselves.

If you actually think it wasn't the cop tearing off the camera himself then I don't know what to say.

Tip: The kid did not attack the cop out of the blue, the cop attacked first, any injuries on the cops part was from the murder victim flailing around as he was tased and then shot.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Genocide Tendency posted:

A white guy and a black woman get pulled over for the same reason. The white guy got pulled over for a traffic violation. The black woman got pulled over because of racism.

You forgot the part that happens after the two different people are pulled over.

The white guy is let off with a warning, not pulled over again for a couple months if not years.

The black woman is arrested, fined several hundred dollars, and then pulled over again next week.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

SedanChair posted:

Where is the proof that she kicked the cop.

Are you implying that a cop would lie to justify their actions? :monocle:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

What were her actions when she got pulled over?
I don't think you get how racism works.

It doesn't matter what the black woman does. Being black is the reason for her treatment, not her behavior, not any crime she may or may not have committed.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Did you miss the part where there are two people pulled over. One a white male, the other a black woman? For the same offence?

So?

Who cares?

The point isn't individuals anyways.

If you're black, it's statistically proven you're going to be pulled over more, harassed by police more, and and generally involved in the unpleasant aspects of the justice system. Even though, again, it's statistically proven that a black person doesn't commit crime at any greater rate then a white person.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I like how you keep saying I am a coward who doesn't want to admit I think bad people should get the poo poo beat out of them.

Because I have said they should.

Luckily for you, there's an easy way for you to tell the bad people from the good people.

You can tell who the bad people are with just a glance!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Stop being uppity.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Not fighting with a cop is "acting white" ?
If they just acted white they wouldn't panic when the cop tased them, thus their flailing around in pain being a reason to beat them into the ground and/or kill them.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

1. Just because someone gets tased, shot or physically manhandled, does not mean that they are a victim. Sometimes their actions warrant it.

2. Just because some cops don't properly follow the rules, does not mean none of them do.

Well you see until reform is done it's best to not give cops the benifit of the doubt because they've failed to earn any trust.

But I guess that would mean less blac- sorry, bad people getting punished so I can see why you're on the cops side.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

DARPA posted:

Dude with the gun wasn't going to suffer no hippies disrespecting his country's flag.The Confederacy

A bunch of people fly around the confederate flag at the founding site of the klu klux klan.

Not racist.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cole posted:

obviously my lack of television show awareness means it will be impossible for you to get the point i was making.

lets see how fast you guys can dogpile

You used an example that was the exact opposite of the terrible point you were trying to make.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cole posted:

Which literally means you get my point lol

And your point is stupid, and failing to make your example actually match your stupid points makes you look stupid.

It's stupidity all the way down.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The problem is when someone voices any opinion that a cop might not be wrong, racism is a first resort. Whether or not that is the case.

This is because humans are capable of recognizing a thing we call a "pattern"

When the dozenth unarmed black person is shot to death, while white people can point guns and cops and scream without issue, one starts to think that maybe there's some racism there!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

4 different states.

Do you have the traffic laws of every state memorized?

I apologize if you have a learning disability.

None of this matters because for every time you were pulled over a black person was pulled over twice.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

That is a crime.

Its a violation of the first amendment right.

Arguing with the cops when they give you a lawful order is not protected by the first amendment. Nor should it be.

A white person wouldn't have been given that "lawful" order in the first place.

Which, I suppose, is what makes you happy.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Because it's one of those petty dumb laws that exist only to give the cop a reason to harrass whoever they want. It shouldn't be lawful.

And even if the arrest was lawful, that doesn't change the fact that every other thing the cop did was wrong.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

And we have already proven that he was in the right to pull her over for not signaling, ask her for her identification/papers, ect. So no. Not "every other thing the cop did was wrong".

But please. Continue to be completely wrong. Change upsets me.
None of that matters because he pulled her out of the car, violently beat her, arrested her, and threw her in jail to die because she refused to put out a cigarette.

Please tell me the crime involved in not putting out a cigarette in your own car.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 4, 2015

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cole posted:

Yeah, of all the black people in the world, he picked her because he knew she would kill herself in jail. Otherwise he would've just done it for her!

You actually think it was a suicide?

Seriously there's so many weird holes and oddities from a prisoner not being checked on for 3 days, for having an impossible amount of THC in her system, I have little doubt that she was killed and then it was made to look like she killed herself.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pick up that can citizen.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The best way to have handled it after she refused to get out would have been to call a second officer and let them try and deal with her because she was being a belligerent gently caress over getting a ticket for not following traffic laws.

This is false.

The traffic violation had already been dealt with, she had gotten her ticket.

He order her to put of the cigarette like the power tripping racist baby he is after that.

Then, because the black woman said no, then he threw a tantrum, assaulted her, and threw her in jail to die.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Randbrick posted:

. It would still be utterly bizarre and a touch perverse that you'd feel such a motivation to argue over the milquetoast "bad" behavior of a woman who just DIED, sure, but there might be some element of correctness in your unnecessary and strange insistence on questioning her behavior.

But you see any minor infraction a black person commits instantly means that they deserve to die.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Which of course means "Darkie McRetard" deserved to die, got it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

DrNutt posted:

No it's not. When someone decides to become a police officer, there is an assumption that the career they are going into has a (vastly exaggerated but still relevant) measure of risk to their personal safety. Any random black person should not have to fear things like "driving to work" or "walking home" any more than anyone else.

As usual, The Onion is the most accurate news source.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cole posted:

It works out both ways.

Actually concidering that cops that do try and stop brutality and aren't out to murder black people are fired and punished for not using violence assuming that all cops want to murder you if you're black is probably a safe bet.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cole posted:

because i don't know if 100 will convince me. it's possible, but i can't be sure.

you should post 100 and find out. maybe it will work.

Spoilers: No amount of examples will convince you.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Cole posted:

how do you know?

Because you're racist and a cop apologist and the point of you asking for more examples is another example of one constantly moving the goalposts.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Sedanchair was using hyperbole, then you jumped on it as if it's a literal thing. Nobody is ever actually going to dig for 100 different news articles detailing police misconduct because that's way to much effort for an internet argument.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

lfield posted:

Dr Pepper said cops that try to "stop brutality". And one of the original 2 links is about a cop getting fired for trying to stop another cop's abuse.

Really my point was that Cole went all NotAllCops, and so I pointed out that it's been shown that when cops do try and act better, they tend to stop being cops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

lfield posted:

Police are more likely to shoot unarmed black people than armed white people.

• Locked thread