Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I would like one beard and one submachinegun, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

This shows exactly why the "less lethal" thing that the Ferguson cops are getting is retarded.

These guys don't stop to put a goofy aluminum ball on the end of their piece, they just empty half a magazine into the guy, plant some evidence and call it good.

Can't wait for death by gummi ball.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Branis posted:

whatever he dropped was too big to be the cartidge. It looked like it could have been an x26 taser with the extended grip for an extra cartridge

drat, he got the extendo-clips too.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Oh boy, this again.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

chitoryu12 posted:

I believe all of them were armed, but it was similar to the National Guard guys you see in New York City at places like the Port Authority Bust Terminal or Penn Station. They only have a handgun and three or four spare magazines, which they keep holstered when they're not preparing to use it. Generally the National Guard guys in NYC spend most of their time chatting and giving directions to tourists, though they get antsy if you stare at them too much.

Likewise, the ones in Ferguson were only armed with handguns at the most and kept them holstered. Because they knew they didn't need guns.

I don't even know why I'm quoting this from a whole page ago but whatever. They had M4s, M9s, and riot batons. So rifles, pistols and melee weapons. They also used armored vehicles an wore body armor.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

platedlizard posted:

This is a really bad thread imo

I'm laughing at you if you read more than one page to arrive at this conclusion.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Pohl posted:

Since this is debate and discussion, why don't you post your opinion and some evidence as to why you think it is a bad thread? Give us something to talk about, rather than your bullshit bad thread reply.

Edit: Actually, do us a favor and don't post anymore.

Rude.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I'll post some pictures later this morning

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Lots of nice people out last night.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Did he tell them to Sniff his rear end? Boom

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

FAUXTON posted:

Because we don't give bears badges?

And yet we have the right to bear arms, makes you think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Vahakyla posted:

LAPD to roll out 7000 Body Cameras.

http://time.com/4013835/lapd-body-camera-program/

The first of 7,000 cams will be deployed next week

The Los Angeles Police Department will begin rolling out body cameras next month, the first stage of a program that will eventually become the largest in the U.S.

The LAPD, which has been studying the technology for two years, will begin introducing the first batch of a total of 7,000 cameras next week, according to the LA Times. The first 860 cameras, paid for by private donations of around $1.5 million, will be gradually deployed over the next month. The program will make the police department the biggest law enforcement agency to widely adopt the technology.

Gimme gimme I want one for free

• Locked thread