Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Smythe posted:

i dont think most end users can really tell sensor, lens, etc quality. but what makes a big diff is software. on an iphone you can snap pics one after the other and it doesnt lag for even a split second. in my xp with my nexus 4 when you take a pic it lags for at least 1/2 second. dunno if this is a ram speed issue or what but the experiences between the camera on my girlfriends iphone 5 and my nexus 4, albeit an old and budget phone they both have the latest software and it's night and day

lmao epic anroid fail straight from anroid defeneder #1 smythe's mouth, folks. wrap it u[

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
:firstpost:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
an IK callout thread...!?

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Into the gas chamber u go little thread

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

pram posted:

same

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
awww now i feel bad for the cute little thread *pats it on the head*

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

pram posted:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
goodbye OP

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The verdict is in, and the smart money is on this fact: Android sucks.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Citizen Tayne posted:

The verdict is in, and the smart money is on this fact: Android sucks.

Actually it's great 👍

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

For example, you can use the Swype keyboard, which helps my workflow by suggesting emojis automatically 😃

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

💘 🍺

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00TGUHD1E

spurtin here

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
I bought this phone for $200 off contract brand new like 2 years ago. Not exactly a revelation that it's not the Lamborghini of mobile entertainment and communication platforms. Still good tho and I rly like android. It's freaking ftw as hell

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

it's poo poo but at least i paid the same price for it as your non-poo poo thing

kliksf
Jan 1, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6K9h8EgR_E

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

it's poo poo but at least i paid the same price for it as your non-poo poo thing

you wanna elaborate on this because I'm thrilled to hear. Eager for an Egan Yardley level fail here...

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Smythe posted:

I bought this phone for $200 off contract brand new like 2 years ago. Not exactly a revelation that it's not the Lamborghini of mobile entertainment and communication platforms. Still good tho and I rly like android. It's freaking ftw as hell

This one was just out last week! i mean i dont see any use for having 8 cores in your mobile, seriously, wtf, but thats still a good looking phone as long as the battery isnt complete fail

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
incase ur wondering the Egan Yardley fail was when he posted in cjs "lol im a republican now. had to cleverly disguise getting a raise at work or else it'd put me in a higher tax bracket and ive have to pay more taxes" indicating he doesnt understand how our progressive tax system works. combining ignorance with a lame humblebrag lead tro pages of scolding and i think he doesnt post here anymore. if you see him, please call him an idiot. thanks

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

no, i don't need to defend my phone

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Smythe posted:

incase ur wondering the Egan Yardley fail was when he posted in cjs "lol im a republican now. had to cleverly disguise getting a raise at work or else it'd put me in a higher tax bracket and ive have to pay more taxes" indicating he doesnt understand how our progressive tax system works. combining ignorance with a lame humblebrag lead tro pages of scolding and i think he doesnt post here anymore. if you see him, please call him an idiot. thanks

my brother thinks this, or did at one point

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

this is the kind of phone i would buy if i had a learning disability and after having owned a couple of bad androids still was unable to face the horrible truth: android sucks

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
a
n
r
o
d

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

still posting from my original moto x that Motorola can't figure out how to port 5.0 to

suit s my knees though

Skarp
Sep 27, 2013

im still the proud owner of a galaxy s4 running cyanogenmod 11 but i cant ever turn off my phone or else it gets stuck in a boot loop and i have to re-format and reinstall the rom

:lol:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Skarp posted:

im still the proud owner of a galaxy s4 running cyanogenmod 11 but i cant ever turn off my phone or else it gets stuck in a boot loop and i have to re-format and reinstall the rom

im not proud of this post

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lol!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

cyanogen mod is comically awful and even the stable builds are buggy trash

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Skarp posted:

congrats, sounds needs-suiting to me.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
if you cant see this:  - then your operating system is a piece of poo poo

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

confirming mospos

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Sniep posted:

if you cant see this:  - then your operating system is a piece of poo poo

windows 7, and a huge pos

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
c android status: last time i talked to my brother he was still very happy with his camoflage sarnsung galaxy active and the thinner fit-bit looking gear watch paired with it, his needs are being suited

alsoo his wife got rid of her iphone for a galaxy s5 and finds it needs suiting as well

I'm still using a dumbphone because :effort:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Fabricated posted:

c android status: last time i talked to my brother he was still very happy with his camoflage sarnsung galaxy active and the thinner fit-bit looking gear watch paired with it, his needs are being suited

alsoo his wife got rid of her iphone for a galaxy s5 and finds it needs suiting as well

you should borrow them and install cyanogenmod, they're not really free until you do

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fabricated posted:

haha your relatives are hosed up

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Smythe posted:

u gotta get the nexus 6 asap smythe

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

zen death robot posted:

My HTC One M8 serves my needs just fine

I don't understand why Android tablets exist and have an iPad Air

:agreed:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Cat Face Joe posted:

cyanogen mod is comically awful and even the stable builds are buggy trash

cm7 is/was legit better than stock gingerbread but since then cm went downhill and stock android got considerably better

stock 5.0.1 on my nexus 5 - a lean mean need suiting machine!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

i also have a nexus 7 that suits my slightly larger needs as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i have a nexus 7 that suits my needs as well