Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Haverchuck posted:

which sucks because youre not supposed to eat them anymore or theyll go extinct. theyre overfished and cant be farmed

Eating a species to extinction is a fine Roman tradition I am happy to participate in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if ordering chicken tenders or mac and cheese or whatever off the kids' menu is a normal thing you do as an adult when you're out with adults you loving disgust me and should have to drink your diet mountain dew from a sippy cup

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
im gonna order sea turtle sashimi, and no one can stop me :twisted:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Starving Autist posted:

hosed up if true

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Starving Autist posted:

ill say it again i want to eat a loving toucan that is force fed until its overweight then drowned in cognac and then cooked, prepared, and served in its own bill

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i dont like tomatoes because the ones in the supermarket are flavorless since they pick them while they're green on the vine. also, tomatoes lose their flavor when chilled. tomatoes in sauce or cooked, however, own.

lmao if you like a thick slab of cold, wet, soggy bullshit on your sandwiches.

Portals posted:

some people don't like chocolate but it's probably because they've only had hershey's or some other bullshit semi-chocolate
this is why most people don't like x, because the only time they've had x is when their white mothers just boiled it for them since they can't cook (see: broccoli, spinach, cauliflower)

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

gggiiimmmppp posted:

if ordering chicken tenders or mac and cheese or whatever off the kids' menu is a normal thing you do as an adult when you're out with adults you loving disgust me and should have to drink your diet mountain dew from a sippy cup

You're a big boy.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO5_W2d2NYw

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

gggiiimmmppp posted:

i went to applebee's with someone who's actually autistic and i got mac n cheese with chicken tenders and bacon. it was on the adult menu and it wasnt horrible :shrug:

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Business Gorillas posted:

i dont like tomatoes because the ones in the supermarket are flavorless since they pick them while they're green on the vine. also, tomatoes lose their flavor when chilled. tomatoes in sauce or cooked, however, own.

yeah, i don't like a tomato on a sandwich

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

i went to applebee's with someone who's actually autistic and i got mac n cheese with chicken tenders and bacon. it was on the adult menu and it wasnt horrible :shrug:

the entire applebee's menu is basically the kids menu of an actual restaurant, plus some other stuff that would be considered cruel to serve even to kids

Starving Autist fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 19, 2015

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

The Mad Archivist posted:

like a million goddam years of clawing our way to apex apex predator of the food chain and we get hyperautists like ulililia who will only eat cheese pizza ever

what the gently caress

#apexprivilege

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

this is why most people don't like x, because the only time they've had x is when their white mothers just boiled it for them since they can't cook (see: broccoli, spinach, cauliflower)

chocolate is especially egregious because one of the biggest chocolate companies in the world is serving a product that is to chocolate what spoiled milk is to yogurt

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ill actually eat anything like sometimes during a staff meeting just to gross people out ill take a chocolate chip cookie or maybe a strawberry and dunk it in blue cheese dip :twisted:

its tastes really bad though

gay sewer monster
Jan 18, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

numberoneposter posted:

ill actually eat anything like sometimes during a staff meeting just to gross people out ill take a chocolate chip cookie or maybe a strawberry and dunk it in blue cheese dip :twisted:

its tastes really bad though

it's hosed up, but whatever gets results

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

if you wonder what it's like to eat something to extinction, adn the future will never know its taste, remember that as somse poster above me said, the romans ate an herb to extinction... an herb that was apparently delicious enough that thy ewanted to put it on loving EVERYTHING... you will never know its taste, which was probably really good, and would be in the new yorker or something, and in the vegetable aisle at whole foods, so all the rich cunts could slaver over it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

garlic pizza bread dipped into chocolate sauce

also gross

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

one thing i actually couldnt eat at all was a blended mcdonalds meal. the worst loving thing. a coke, fries, and a big mac blended is very hard to drink.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

nomadologique posted:

if you wonder what it's like to eat something to extinction, adn the future will never know its taste, remember that as somse poster above me said, the romans ate an herb to extinction... an herb that was apparently delicious enough that thy ewanted to put it on loving EVERYTHING... you will never know its taste, which was probably really good, and would be in the new yorker or something, and in the vegetable aisle at whole foods, so all the rich cunts could slaver over it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silphium

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

numberoneposter posted:

one thing i actually couldnt eat at all was a blended mcdonalds meal. the worst loving thing. a coke, fries, and a big mac blended is very hard to drink.

why would you do that to yourself? if that were even remotely edible, mcdonalds would have already started selling it like that

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Starving Autist posted:

why would you do that to yourself? if that were even remotely edible, mcdonalds would have already started selling it like that

The perfect account name for this here thread

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Starving Autist posted:

i got a sip into it and was about to puke

i do dumb things with my friends when we drink is my only excuse

naem
May 29, 2011

I cooked an entire rabbit in a crock pot with red wine and shiitake mushrooms and chicken broth and pulled the scapule and vertebrae out as I ate him

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
you'd be wrong, killer buddhist homunculus

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

JebanyPedal posted:

Avocado is great.
I also love cow's tongue.

my mom grew up eating things like tongue, and I suppose she passed it onto me. I don't mind it. Neither do I mind liver. If it's cooked right, it's loving delicious.

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

So true. My mom just boils the hell out of veggies, and I have now just learned the joys of eating veggies that were quickly cooked in hot water, and then chilled, a little oil to taste.

that poo poo is delicious

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
This thread belongs in the food subforum

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011
People get grossed out by the fact that I eat buffalo wings clean.

gently caress them, they don't enjoy buffalo wings, imo, go eat "boneless wings" like an 8 year old

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
what if you like nearly all foods but you dont eat some of them cause they bad for you

Neptr posted:

People get grossed out by the fact that I eat buffalo wings clean.

gently caress them, they don't enjoy buffalo wings, imo, go eat "boneless wings" like an 8 year old

oh man, when people leave bits of meat and gristle i just shake with anger, SHAKE

with chicken bones i mean i just eat the the little bones and i pick that poo poo clean i tells you what

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I don't like chunky salsa on breakfast tacos because the way the texture of onions interacts with the texture of eggs skeeves me out.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

are all black people autistic op

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Short Penguin posted:

my mom grew up eating things like tongue, and I suppose she passed it onto me. I don't mind it. Neither do I mind liver. If it's cooked right, it's loving delicious.
lmao your mother gives you tongue

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Kasumeat posted:

Here is a comprehensive list of foods you can not like if prepared well and still not be autistic:

- offal (real offal like lungs and brain, not widely-appealing stuff like heart or tripe)
- cilantro (if you're white)
- anise, fennel, etc
- intentionally disgusting foods like casa marzu

If you dislike anything else, you're autistic, sorry. If you have a problem with certain textures, you're what's considered to be low-functioning.

every one of these things is delicious, sorry about your sperging taste buds op

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
nah, nah

http://www.eatingthaifood.com/2013/02/how-to-eat-a-giant-water-bug-maeng-da-thailand/

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

zen death robot posted:

I'd say playing and posting about Hearthstone is waaay more autistic than not liking the lovely candied yams your aunt always brings to thanksgiving OP.

hitting a little below the belt there bud

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
there is nothing to be gained by being judgemental of what others eat

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
I don't eat brains because I'm worried about catching and then dying from prions disease. I like that scene in the Indiana Jones movie though. The one with the monkey brains.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Ocean Book posted:

there is nothing to be gained by being judgemental of what others eat

now that kind of poositive attitude is just the kind of thing w e need more of here in gbs!

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I'll give people a pass on meats due to dietary/religious preference but if you won't eat specific fruits and vegetables you can gently caress off.

I know a 35 year old woman with 'allergies' to Tomato and Onion. (she slathers ketchup on her french fries, naturally.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopes
Apr 29, 2013
gently caress seafood except tuna

• Locked thread