Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ozzy?
Rules!
Sucks!
Meh.
Music?
View Results

• Locked thread
redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Besides a couple of Sabbath songs, every song Ozzy is a part of sucks precisely because of the Ozzy parts - like if you could replace him with Dio or something the song would be awesome, but Ozzy instead drags it down.

This includes the TV show - think how much better that would have been with Dio?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
ozzy rules

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
metal is just gangsta rap for pasty white boys

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

No really he doesn't. There's a dozen metal guys at least better than Ozzy. His voice sucks.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Sebastian Bach owns more than ozzy fyi

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

jackyl posted:

Sebastian Bach owns more than ozzy fyi

This is what I'm getting at. And the guy from Def Leppard. And Quite Riot. And AC/DC - both of them. Etc.

Ozzy is whiny as gently caress. I have all his music so don't go fronting either.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
here's the one everybody knows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O317T6Zlno

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
You went embarrassingly power crazy over the ability to give people probations on the GBS forum and you listen to metal LOL

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
and one people might not know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUYOzypNlDk

Lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyi8iHFqI5I

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You went embarrassingly power crazy over the ability to give people probations on the GBS forum and you listen to metal LOL

"Embarrassingly power crazy" sounds like a good mixed CD of classic heavy metal songs.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Oh my god no one will ever click these youtube links to horrible songs you retard

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Oh my god no one will ever click these youtube links to horrible songs you retard

lol if u don't like skid row

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Your avatar makes it seem like you'll be a fun party poster but then it turns out you're just a 20 something sadbrain posting from your hole of perpetual depression. :(

Maybe you should rock out some?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Black Sabbath is p good tho

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
is he 40 or what thats all i want to know

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

Black Sabbath is p good tho

And I stated in the OP that some Ozzy Sabbath songs are good. No one can hate on Iron Man - it's a pivotal heavy metal song. But I'd say everything Ozzy did solo sucks in comparison to not only Sabbath but lots of other metal bands.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
black sabbath owns but that has more to do with the non-ozzy members of that band imo

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Starving Autist posted:

black sabbath owns but that has more to do with the non-ozzy members of that band imo

yeah i am a huge black sabbath fan but i havent bothered with any of ozzy's solo stuff. maybe i will like it, maybe not.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I mean, "Bark at the Moon"?

He's almost like a Weird Al of heavy metal.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I'd agree. I love Black Sabbath, but only like a few solo songs. I think my issue is more the band than Ozzy himself. He went from a legendary heavy/doom metal band to stereotypical, guitar wankery-filled 80s hair metal.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
war pigs is good and cool too

but then there's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJRkdYreV1w

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

jackyl posted:

war pigs is good and cool too

but then there's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJRkdYreV1w

Wow. Pro-click. I now realize Motley Crue was a vastly more subtle REM.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

redshirt posted:

Your avatar makes it seem like you'll be a fun party poster but then it turns out you're just a 20 something sadbrain posting from your hole of perpetual depression. :(

Maybe you should rock out some?
You're a middle aged man haha

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

You're a middle aged man haha

literally lol irl if you live past 27

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Yuh huh

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Bark at tha mo000n

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
they let him in black sabbath because he was the only one with a PA system.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Why are you comparing solo Ozzy to '70s Sabbath? The obvious comparison is between him and '80s Sabbath, and '80s Sabbath was a crime against music after the Dio albums. Ozzy clearly comes out on top.

Also :laugh: forever at the insane baby probe-tantrum that you'll never live down, you pitiful, spiteful oval office.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Why are you comparing solo Ozzy to '70s Sabbath? The obvious comparison is between him and '80s Sabbath, and '80s Sabbath was a crime against music after the Dio albums. Ozzy clearly comes out on top.

Also :laugh: forever at the insane baby probe-tantrum that you'll never live down, you pitiful, spiteful oval office.

lol. So you're saying Ozzy does indeed rule?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

redshirt posted:

lol. So you're saying Ozzy does indeed rule?
I'm saying that you should leave the forums.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
anyone who knows or cares about forums drama should go outside for a bit, imo

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Sham bam bamina! posted:

I'm saying that you should leave the forums.

lol.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
he's gotten a taste for negative attention like psyopmonkey, ralp, etc and he's 45

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Starving Autist posted:

anyone who knows or cares about forums drama should go outside for a bit, imo
It's 11° Fahrenheit here, and redshirt, furthermore, is incredibly lame.

(Or is it a "kill yourself" joke in this weather...?)

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 19, 2015

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Cucking Mama posted:

he's gotten a taste for negative attention like psyopmonkey, ralp, etc and he's 45

lol. You don't even know what heavy metal is except something your "father" listened to, amirite?

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

redshirt posted:

lol. You don't even know what heavy metal is except something your "father" listened to, amirite?

at this point it's more like "grandpa"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

redshirt posted:

--an "adult"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Like jeez you're just insanely weak even without mod-powers, drat.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

It's exactly like father rejection at this point as heavy metal is this generation's "classic rock" and I'll admit I hated classic rock when I was a cocksure teen as well. So it's understandable, lads. What comes around goes around, as "they" say. Right? hmph? hmf?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
'heavy metal' is kind of a dated term in itself like 'snoop doggy dogg' and I've only ever heard it called metal or a much narrower genre

• Locked thread