Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ozzy?
Rules!
Sucks!
Meh.
Music?
View Results

• Locked thread
Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Cucking Mama posted:

'heavy metal' is kind of a dated term in itself like 'snoop doggy dogg' and I've only ever heard it called metal or a much narrower genre

you can still say it in reference to metal from the 70s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.

Cucking Mama posted:

'heavy metal' is kind of a dated term in itself like 'snoop doggy dogg' and I've only ever heard it called metal or a much narrower genre

Did you read this on the Wiki?

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

ozzy is cool

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
i cant believe ozzy and lemmy both outlived dio

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

if youve seen ozzy live in the last 20 years or so it was probably in the summer and he probably had a rain machine over the stage/pit area and he was probably playing with a hose or buckets of water or whatever on stage, throwing them on the crowd

youd think it was just a fun thing to do at a hot summer show but its actually because he's incontinent, and this way he can just let flow and piss himself all over the stage and nobody can tell

people in the front probably wind up with little splashes of ozzy piss all over themselves

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
sounds like ozzy has just found a way to piss his pants in public without getting in trouble. fun atmosphere

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
gently caress you, OP. Ozzy rules!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

redshirt posted:

Besides a couple of Sabbath songs, every song Ozzy is a part of sucks precisely because of the Ozzy parts - like if you could replace him with Dio or something the song would be awesome, but Ozzy instead drags it down.

This includes the TV show - think how much better that would have been with Dio?

ur mad

Rex Deckard
Jul 15, 2004

Zeroisanumber posted:

gently caress you, OP. Ozzy rules!

I am in agreement. Sharon may be a royal pain in the rear end, and he might have done some weird things in his older age on television.

But his solo albums are pretty solid stuff. Not perfect, not terrible. Good enough to listen to. You won't put them up against Black Sabbath standards in comparison, but sure as poo poo you can put them up against a ton of 80's contributions during that period and they are far superior.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Haverchuck posted:

i cant believe ozzy and lemmy both outlived dio

Jerry Lee Lewis outlived every single band from the 50's and that's wildly less likely than dudes outliving Dio.

Dio also rocked.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'd legit rank Dokken over Ozzy.

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube
op was right!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Ozzy drools.

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Iron Man is the best song until Ozzy starts singing and ruins it

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Haverchuck posted:

they let him in black sabbath because he was the only one with a PA system.

that was david lee roth and van halen

ozzyyyyyy: http://youtu.be/ZcoweoZ6jpM?t=2m53s

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
holy poo poo this is a stupid thread

op you have no taste in heavy metal music

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i mean this is prob. meant to be an edgy troll but w/e it's just stupid

open container
Sep 16, 2008

ColoradoCleric posted:

metal is just gangsta rap for pasty white boys

gangsta rap is for pasty white boys

true gangstas listen to soul, reggae, and r&b because they need respite from their tumultuous lifestyles.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Jerry Lee Lewis outlived every single band from the 50's and that's wildly less likely than dudes outliving Dio.

Dio also rocked.

Chuck Berry and Fats Domino are also surprisingly still alive.

Black Sabbath with any singer owns but Ozzy solo is godawful and bad and it bugs me when radio stations seem to think Black Sabbath is just Ozzy's backing band or something.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Possibly Chicken posted:

Black Sabbath with any singer owns but Ozzy solo is godawful and bad and it bugs me when radio stations seem to think Black Sabbath is just Ozzy's backing band or something.

so you think blizzard of ozz and diary of a madman are godawful? do you like 80s metal at all? if we're comparing, they're not quite as good as heaven & hell or mob rules imo but still, classic heavy metal albums.

uG
Apr 23, 2003

by Ralp
who is the better rock artist ozzy osborn or gucci mane?

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I'd agree. I love Black Sabbath, but only like a few solo songs. I think my issue is more the band than Ozzy himself. He went from a legendary heavy/doom metal band to stereotypical, guitar wankery-filled 80s hair metal.

iommi started making heavy metal riffs on sabotage, which came out 1975. listen to symptoms of the universe, it could be right at home on heaven & hell as far as the riffs go.

also randy rhoads had a pretty unique style, definitely not stereotypical at the time. wanky, sure but he's considered an innovator as far as heavy metal guitarists go.

lol @ gbs metal threads, kids talk about poo poo they don't know anything about

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dyna Soar posted:

so you think blizzard of ozz and diary of a madman are godawful? do you like 80s metal at all? if we're comparing, they're not quite as good as heaven & hell or mob rules imo but still, classic heavy metal albums.

There's some OK songs in Ozzy's solo career, but they're just OK, and many more are annoying. There's tons better metal - that's all I'm saying. He can be OK, but he most certainly does not rule.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
http://youtu.be/ZcoweoZ6jpM?t=2m53s

ok, guys. seriously, watch this. I came across this when i was 17 and amped about learning to play my very first electric guitar. I loving loved Crazy Train and I went looking for a good live performance of it with Randy Rhoads. I found this. This is Ozzy Osbourne. This is the encapsulation of him.

waaaatch

pay attention to me

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

redshirt posted:

There's some OK songs in Ozzy's solo career, but they're just OK, and many more are annoying. There's tons better metal - that's all I'm saying. He can be OK, but he most certainly does not rule.

so you just don't like it. that's cool.

i don't rly listen to his much either, maybe once or twice a year? idk, something like that. still, they're classic albums and saying ozzy doesn't rule is like saying iommi doesn't rule. they both rule, dude

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dyna Soar posted:

so you just don't like it. that's cool.

i don't rly listen to his much either, maybe once or twice a year? idk, something like that. still, they're classic albums and saying ozzy doesn't rule is like saying iommi doesn't rule. they both rule, dude

You're willing to water down what "RULES"? Fine. I am not. Ozzy doesn't deserve that kind of ranking.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
ozzy's no lemmy, but he does indeed rule.

also scorpions is one of the coolest bands ever

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDYyXR__gQY

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
seriously tho as much as i love them albums sabbath made with dio, they're nothing compared to the ozzy era. all four of them are what made those first 4 albums and if you don't understand that i guess you don't like sabbath.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
He was a solid short stop from what I've seen, slightly before my time though.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ozzy didnt make or break black sabbath and in the timeline where ozzy died at birth and dio was in sabbath from the beginning black sabbath were elected co-presidents of earth and lead the planet onto a new era of peace and prosperity

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
iirc ozzy was a lot more popular in the 80s than black sabbath

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dyna Soar posted:

iirc ozzy was a lot more popular in the 80s than black sabbath

True, and even got more popular with his stupid tv show. Hence, the important need for this thread to make sure folks know that Ozzy does not in fact rule.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

redshirt posted:

True, and even got more popular with his stupid tv show. Hence, the important need for this thread to make sure folks know that Ozzy does not in fact rule.

idk if his music got more popular thanks to the tv show, which is what im talking about. the tv show is completely irrelevant

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Ozzy Osbourne reportedly started a house fire earlier this week when he tried to make a bacon sandwich.

The Black Sabbath frontman's desire for a late-night snack caused problems when, according to WENN, a fire broke out in his home in California. Firefighters were called out to tackle the blaze, with the singer's wife Sharon later commenting on Twitter: "I'm in London, @OfficialOzzy is in LA making a bacon sandwich last night and the fire brigade ended up at our house!!"

The incident marks the second time the Osbournes have requested the services of the fire brigade in the past year. In January, Ozzy was injured and had to receive medical treatment after Sharon Osbourne left a candle lit overnight and it exploded in its glass vase, sparking a fire which took over the living room of their home.

Speaking about the incident, she said: "His eyebrows are gone... he’s got, like, skinned cheeks. We are, like, two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do, go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on, we did it all."

"The firemen come up, they give us a lecture, and Ozzy’s like: 'She’s been doing this to me for 32 years! You tell her, you tell her, no more candles!'"

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Obscuritatem posted:

op was right!

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
bobby liebling owns for a crazy old coot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8woU2LclV2U

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Y54PTz_hQ

if only everyone's homeless crackhead grampa could be as cool

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Ozzy does not in fact rule simply because Slayer already rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

redshirt posted:

I mean, "Bark at the Moon"?

He's almost like a Weird Al of heavy metal.

Hold on, hold on. Are you saying bad things about Weird Al?

Al is more musically proficient than a thousand ozzies.

• Locked thread